Republic might be better than Imp at PvP on JC....

YanksfanJP

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

solo pugging on imp is only slightly more miss than hit compared to solo Qing rep. and the major reason for that is you have no chance of catching on with an imp premade that's already running 8m.

think about it.

think about it.

yeah. :rolleyes:

--It's less that it is a premade, and more that the premades bank on how overpowered healers are and tend to run 3-4.

I play both factions and tend to suffer the same experiences:

- Premade wins because healers are overpowered, especially Operative/Scoundrel. The premade isn't winning by skill and, in fact, most of the individual participants are mediocre at best, having a slightly higher gear level and nothing else remarkable about them.

- The pug with more healers win.

- The minority of situations where the pug with less healers just plays the objectives better and wins on objectives.

The first 2 scenarios are more common and are independent of faction right now. I really get tired of queuing up and seeing the same 2-3 Operative healers in the same group again and again, or the same Scoundrel + Sages, and losing not on any merit of skill or ability... but because they're so overpowered that their team just doesn't die and can turtle endlessly on objectives.

When it comes to similarly geared and role distributed pugs, Republic will generally do a little better than Empire though, but nowhere near as much as it has traditionally been.

--Expected troll response. The skill gap is less than the gear gap, which isn't as big a deal as the presence/absence of healers. Premades tend to have a higher density of healers and gear than pugs, that's not skill. I'm sorry that you mistake it for skill and attribute this "skill" to your wins.

There is a higher density of skill, but not as much as people like to think, because it serves their egos to credit their wins to their own skill, rather than to gear/class imbalance. People won't usually say "Well we won because we have more gear and healers", they'll instead opt to say that they're "playing better" or more skillfully, because the latter appeals to player ego.

Went against an imp group a few times last night where my scoundrel healer was repeatedly jumped by 6-7 guys, and there was always at least 2 on me for the entire match.

It hurt but I was kinda proud.

so much for just the tip. :confused:

jedi covenant just has too many half premade pub teams that aren't ready for ranked so they eek out their existence preventing pugs from completing their weeklies.

lol - ranked. no. that has nothing to do with it.

lol - ranked. no. that has nothing to do with it.

Two simple yet profound fixes that would improve non-ranked warzones

1. Allow teams of 4 in Ranked Warzones, this would create a whole new kind of dynamic where premade guilds would often have to work together to defeat a similar dual premade or a full 8 man premade.

2. Have a max cap on comms for premades in non-ranked warzones. Meaning that if they completed their daily and weekly no more commendations can be farmed from pugstomping. They would instead only be able to get comms (ranked) from ranked warzones.

1. Allow teams of 4 in Ranked Warzones, this would create a whole new kind of dynamic where premade guilds would often have to work together to defeat a similar dual premade or a full 8 man premade.

2. Have a max cap on comms for premades in non-ranked warzones. Meaning that if they completed their daily and weekly no more commendations can be farmed from pugstomping. They would instead only be able to get comms (ranked) from ranked warzones.

That's just idiotic. Why should "premades" suffer because you don't have the ability to socialize? I've been sharing our mumble server shortly after System was created to allow republic players a place to form premades and chat it out. (With ZERO obligation to my guild.) As long as players REFUSE to coordinate, they SHOULD get stomped. Smart players should not be penalized.

BTW - this is coming from someone that no matter HOW much I share mumble out, few to NONE jump in. So I'm solo getting stomped too since my guild is all but dead. HOWEVER, I keep trying...

Swijr

Edited by Swijr

I second the post above me, this is a MMO, **** and make some friends if you dont like premades.

Going forward I will ask peeps a few questions before they can become my "friend"

What is your internet speed?

What are your vid card and processor specs?

Do you have a gaming mouse and keyboard?

Please submit SS if you reaching xxx dps on the target dummy.

Last please take this quiz regarding pvp situations. Example question listed below

When you are trying to take a node as a tank spec you should...

A) run right to the node and cap.

B) as you come to the node look around for enemy movement

C) have your crafting screen up sending companions on missions as you arrive at the node

D) look to cc the crap out of a enemy while your buddy caps.

E) both A and C

F) both B and D