2.1 Needs new PvE and PvP content

HoboWithAStick

As far as S&V goes its a complete joke, being completed on HM first day of the xpact and completed by most guilds within the first 2 weeks. It simply was not hard enough and now being on farm stat I'm sure many people are feeling bored with it already. S&V should have been hard enough gear wise that it required many weeks of FP/Daily grinding and hard enough mechanics wise it would have taken months just to figure out that fights! Instead we were left with going through fights we've never seen 1 shotting them in our 61/63 gear. To top it off the 16 man version didn't have any added mechanics and the dps and heal requirements are so low that you could do the fights short multiple people. If TFB NM isn't released into the game next update I imagine bioware will lose a big portion of the PVE crowd again as they did at launch.

As far as the pvp goes I honestly haven't really put much time into since 2.0 launched due to the broken bolster system. What I do know is the general consensus is that the new pvp system is terrible and people you'd see normally doing pvp are either just not playing or are taken on some more pve then normal. The bolster system needs to be redone and additional maps should be added as well. Its pretty sad the pvp community payed 10 bucks for a broken pvp system that included no additional new content.

While all the info for 2.1 is not out there its feeling like its going to strickly targeted towards the barber shop so in another words another cash shop. While having a barber shop is something many players want including myself I don't believe it should be the focus of an update or even counted as one of bioware 6-8 week content releases. Reason being is its really not content, its just another quality of life improvment, it doesn't give me more hours of things to do, its not even free for subs to use when it really should be be. I myself am not very happy about paying for Cathar, not only was it suppose to be out last year (so was makeb BTW) it was announced before free to play so cathar would have just been included in a regular content update not a cartel market cash grab. While I know cathar are going to be very inexpensive in the cc market its really just the point.

Anyways, this is just my thoughts what are yours?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they might throw in Titans of industry. 2.1 is still at least 3 weeks away. I think.

I don't think a new FP will really cut it, personally I felt makeb should have included a new FP. While I understand them holding content back due to the 6-8 week content cycle I don't think that means they should be lazy and hold back completed projects just as back up. If they did launch a new FP I would expect the HM to require a 4 man progression group similar to a raid.

No it doesn't. The upcoming patch needs to remain as it is designed. A new flashpoint is not going to satisfy anyone. There will be poeple who will figure it out and complete it on hard mode within two days. That is what happened with the mini-expansion, people rushed to the end of the story, rushed to 55 and rushed through the new operation. This is going to happen no matter what the devs do. It is the same in every MMO out there. People rush to do the content and then whine when they actually beat it so quickly.

A new warzone isn't going to change anything, either. Pvp is crap in this game. I would rather BW never touch pvp again because everytime they do they make it worse. Besides, there will be pve and pvp related updates coming. 2.1 is al about customization, which this is severely lacking.

As far as S&V goes its a complete joke, being completed on HM first day of the xpact and completed by most guilds within the first 2 weeks

And I've read this exact statement from someone following every single WoW raid has been released. Even with more of them. There is no pleasing that particular, very small demographic.

No it doesn't. The upcoming patch needs to remain as it is designed. A new flashpoint is not going to satisfy anyone. There will be poeple who will figure it out and complete it on hard mode within two days. That is what happened with the mini-expansion, people rushed to the end of the story, rushed to 55 and rushed through the new operation. This is going to happen no matter what the devs do. It is the same in every MMO out there. People rush to do the content and then whine when they actually beat it so quickly.

A new warzone isn't going to change anything, either. Pvp is crap in this game. I would rather BW never touch pvp again because everytime they do they make it worse. Besides, there will be pve and pvp related updates coming. 2.1 is al about customization, which this is severely lacking.

Makeb only added about 8 hours of story content, not really enough to call it an xpac. As far as ops go of course guilds will rush through that as fast as they can that is the point. Normally a new ops would add over a month worth of progression considering the gearing aspect and mechanics aspect of it, S&V had no gearing challenge and no mechanics challenge even for the guilds that didn't spend the last couple months on pts. S&V can be burned through in one raid night, its simply too easy.

As far as customization I wouldn't say they are severely lacking, I don't even think the role players feel that way. Since the addition of the cartel market they have added tons of neat weapons and armor sets along with even more facial expressions which to my understanding swtor is the only game with that. While I understand its cool to change your looks, it doesn't add tons of additional gameplay time. Additionally it costs real money to use it, so they 15 bucks you pay monthly goes towards a content update you additionally need to spend more to take part in? its all wrong. While I have no issue dropping money on cool new customizations I do have a problem paying for old ones.

Barbershop done right would consist of

Free appearance and race changes for subscribers for any styles races that are already in the game (Including cathar due to it being delayed only because of F2P transistion)

Additional body, head, hair, colours ect types added into game via cartel market and the lottery boxes for rare items.

Armor dyes added to the cartel market while rare dyes have drop chance in lottery boxes.

Oh boy. 2.0 has brought TONS of new PvE content. A new planet, new levels, new old fps, a new ops. My guild is just starting to gear up for SaV HM, because we are not some pro guild who can one shot SaV HM in campaign and dread guard. None of us even has a set bonus! And before we are full arkanian it's gonna take a few weeks. Just because a handfull of guilds cleared all the new content in a week, doesn't mean the majority did, on the contrary.

Content locusts are never and will never be satisfied. No raid can be hard enough for them but still accessible to the majority of the playerbase. Everquest II did what the OP suggested. They made raids so hard and the mechanics so arcane that some raids weren't completed for months. Of course, all the 'hardcore' raiders complained that the raid was 'broken'.

The only way to be happy in a MMORPG is to enjoy as much of the different aspects of play (solo, group, raid, PvP, crafting, exploring, etc.) as possible. If you hang on waiting for that next raid or flashpoint and don't enjoy anything else, then it's best to just have multiple games going at one time. Because I've never seen one that puts out enough content for folks that ignore most of the content in favor of that one little slice they like.

As far as S&V goes its a complete joke, being completed on HM first day of the xpact and completed by most guilds within the first 2 weeks. It simply was not hard enough and now being on farm stat I'm sure many people are feeling bored with it already. S&V should have been hard enough gear wise that it required many weeks of FP/Daily grinding and hard enough mechanics wise it would have taken months just to figure out that fights! Instead we were left with going through fights we've never seen 1 shotting them in our 61/63 gear. To top it off the 16 man version didn't have any added mechanics and the dps and heal requirements are so low that you could do the fights short multiple people. If TFB NM isn't released into the game next update I imagine bioware will lose a big portion of the PVE crowd again as they did at launch.

As far as the pvp goes I honestly haven't really put much time into since 2.0 launched due to the broken bolster system. What I do know is the general consensus is that the new pvp system is terrible and people you'd see normally doing pvp are either just not playing or are taken on some more pve then normal. The bolster system needs to be redone and additional maps should be added as well. Its pretty sad the pvp community payed 10 bucks for a broken pvp system that included no additional new content.

While all the info for 2.1 is not out there its feeling like its going to strickly targeted towards the barber shop so in another words another cash shop. While having a barber shop is something many players want including myself I don't believe it should be the focus of an update or even counted as one of bioware 6-8 week content releases. Reason being is its really not content, its just another quality of life improvment, it doesn't give me more hours of things to do, its not even free for subs to use when it really should be be. I myself am not very happy about paying for Cathar, not only was it suppose to be out last year (so was makeb BTW) it was announced before free to play so cathar would have just been included in a regular content update not a cartel market cash grab. While I know cathar are going to be very inexpensive in the cc market its really just the point.

I am going to point out that SnV was on the PTS for a good while and those guilds that stomped it into oblivion 3 days after the expac... you know what they were doing before it laucnhed? Yeah sitting on the PTS learning every aspect of each difficulty. Actually the original SnV for SM on the PTS was quite ridiculous. But anyway, those hardcore guilds were already clearing it before it even came out. Kind of obvious it would get run over in live.

Makeb only added about 8 hours of story content, not really enough to call it an xpac. As far as ops go of course guilds will rush through that as fast as they can that is the point. Normally a new ops would add over a month worth of progression considering the gearing aspect and mechanics aspect of it, S&V had no gearing challenge and no mechanics challenge even for the guilds that didn't spend the last couple months on pts. S&V can be burned through in one raid night, its simply too easy.

As far as customization I wouldn't say they are severely lacking, I don't even think the role players feel that way. Since the addition of the cartel market they have added tons of neat weapons and armor sets along with even more facial expressions which to my understanding swtor is the only game with that. While I understand its cool to change your looks, it doesn't add tons of additional gameplay time. Additionally it costs real money to use it, so they 15 bucks you pay monthly goes towards a content update you additionally need to spend more to take part in? its all wrong. While I have no issue dropping money on cool new customizations I do have a problem paying for old ones.

Barbershop done right would consist of

Free appearance and race changes for subscribers for any styles races that are already in the game (Including cathar due to it being delayed only because of F2P transistion)

Additional body, head, hair, colours ect types added into game via cartel market and the lottery boxes for rare items.

Armor dyes added to the cartel market while rare dyes have drop chance in lottery boxes.

I would rather a crafting profession get the use of making dyes. But yet again the CM eats up another "could of been a good addition to crafting" item.

I am going to point out that SnV was on the PTS for a good while and those guilds that stomped it into oblivion 3 days after the expac... you know what they were doing before it laucnhed? Yeah sitting on the PTS learning every aspect of each difficulty. Actually the original SnV for SM on the PTS was quite ridiculous. But anyway, those hardcore guilds were already clearing it before it even came out. Kind of obvious it would get run over in live.

Of course I know that, but many guilds still cleared it first week without being on pts. My guild isn't even a hard core raiding guild, while we do take raiding serious we aren't the guys that raid 5 days a week, go for hours upon hours or spend months on pts. We are the guys that do a couple days a week. Even so we've already cleared it all, 8&16. The old content like TFB and NM EC took most guilds allot longer to clear. As a matter of fact the "warstalker" title isn't really seen all that often.

Is this one one of those threads where people complain and whine and moan about how much they hate the game?

Yep. It is.

Then those same people log in and play every day. Lol. Ok guys. You are the kind of folks who complain about content being beat by the best guilds even though you haven't beat It. Classic.

Is this one one of those threads where people complain and whine and moan about how much they hate the game?

Yep. It is.

Then those same people log in and play every day. Lol. Ok guys. You are the kind of folks who complain about content being beat by the best guilds even though you haven't beat It. Classic.

I'm not exactly sure where you are going with this since most of the people here disagreed. But hey skimming instead of reading is good life skill.

I would rather a crafting profession get the use of making dyes. But yet again the CM eats up another "could of been a good addition to crafting" item.

Agree, I feel all the crafting professions should have been redone when the CC market was introduced. I feel like the synth and amor really got the low end of the stick here.

I think a easy fix would be to have the augment kits more specific to the gear peices.

Like this

Bio -implants

cyber -ear

synth - force armor

armormech - tech armor

artifice - relics

arms - weapons

While this would be somewhat annoying to have that many item types it does widen everyones market and gets rid of the crafting bais some have over the others. I'm still a bigger fan of augment slots pre augment kit days, bassically this idea would bring us back to that idea.

While grinding for gear may have been a good thing for it, you're wrong on figuring out S&V taking weeks.

People will have figured it out and then posted it on Youtube as soon as they could. And everyone would flock to the guides and videos in how to run it. Or have you missed all those posts with people whining non-stop about how people should have to watch the videos and read the guides before they run anything?

I'm not exactly sure where you are going with this since most of the people here disagreed. But hey skimming instead of reading is good life skill.

Quite honestly I was referring to the OP. I'm trying to watch a classic doctor who and his self entitled soap boxing was all the further I got.

Edited by Arkerus

While all the info for 2.1 is not out there its feeling like its going to strickly targeted towards the barber shop so in another words another cash shop.

I think your feelings are premature, and show a general lack of enjoyment with the game.

Personally, I'll wait for the patch notes...before discussing the 2.1 content.

I Politely disagree OP.

I have been playing allot since 2.0, and have yet to get any of my 5 lvl 50's to cap. having too much fun on new toons with the new class changes. rolling repub now instead of empire. enjoying the change of pace from raiding prior to 2.0.

Been playing since early release, still enjoying it. 2.1 doesn't need more content. its perfectly fine as it is. I've been waiting for these customization options for a very long time. looking forward to rerolling a cathar on imp side and repub side (yeah, im not going to switch over any lvl 50 toons, it's a good reason to try out some of the repub classes i haven't tried yet).

Lots of stuff going on in the game. sorry to hear that you don't enjoy the same things I do...but that's what happens. you got your content with Makeb. well get some more soon as well, just doesn't need to be 2.1.

is this one one of those threads where people complain and whine and moan about how much they hate the game?

Yep. It is.

Then those same people log in and play every day. Lol. Ok guys. You are the kind of folks who complain about content being beat by the best guilds even though you haven't beat it. Classic.

3/10.

I partially agree with OP, though not wholesomely. I believe that they really didn't come out with enough content with RoTHC to really call it an xpansion. I played this game from launch, and before this I played WoW, from launch. Now, I'm not going to compare the two too much, but when I reach maximum level and they only thing I can do is raid or PvP, then it get's rather boring, especially for a game that prizes itself on a unique questing system (And by that I mean fully voice acted, with an interactive questline.)

I love this game, and it pains me when I read that for their new xpansion, they're not coming out with any new FP's, and instead just reusing old ones. Old ones I didn't even like. Granted, yeah it was only a 10 buck xpansion, but you can still expect them to come out with ALL NEW CONTENT, instead of reusing old content. Not to mention having Section X STILL be the main daily area.

But enough of that, onto 2.1. I like that they're finally coming out with the Cathar, and barber shop. Should I pay for it? NO! I pay $15 a month, and I paid for the xpansion, why do I need to pay more? Seriously? Again, don't want to, but bringing it to WoW. When they came out with the barber shop, did they charge you real life money for it? No. It was like 5 gold to change your hair. Nothing, that's pretty much what it was. I don't think they need new content for 2.1, except for maybe new quests, because the fact that I finished every Makeb quest chain in a day is just pathetic. I already have 3 level 55's, and I don't spend hours upon hours playing this.

I actually totally agree

3/10.

1/10

I'm not trolling. I just find it amusing when people post about how "fail" the game is and then come back a month later, whilst still playing, to post the same complaints.

It's like they hate to admit they enjoy it so they complain to hide it.

Constructive criticism is one thing, complaining about the content being beat by the best guilds in the first week is like complaining that Sidney Crosby scores more goals than you. It's completely irrelevant.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.