Character Deletion and equip transfer

MandalorManiac

Hi, I have a character that I think I might delete. He's a jedi and I also have another jedi character that I play. My question is if I decide to delete this character, is it possible toI transfer his armor, lightsabers and credits to the other character?

The reason that I want to delete this character is because he is being easily defeated, like in 3 seconds by lvl 25 NPCs and he is a lvl 28. I guess its because I haven't played in like 2 months and maybe his skill level went down...I don't know just guessing. In any case he was my first character and I have learned much since starting with him so I think I would rather just delete him and play with the other guy.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.

You can transfer (mail) anything that is not bound to a specific character. Credits can also be mailed to other characters. Any item that you have that says bound cannot be traded and will be deleted with the character.

As zzoorrzz mentioned, there is no such thing as character skill going down. You should make sure that you have the best armor you can get for your level and at least travel with one of your toon's companions out as well. There really should be no reason for the toon getting defeated that easily through normal questing - at that level, mobs that are not in a heroic area are pretty soloable with a companion.

Edited by BJWyler

2 things OP:

1) as stated above, the characters skill does not go down, but if you are leveling up, then your gear will not work as well if your not updating it. and the mob skills increase in difficulty as you level up as well...the silver (i.e. tough) mobs will do higher damage, and use more special skills at higher levels then the silver mobs do at lower levels. Now, your character is designed to be able to deal with this through the new skills he acquires, but you need to make sure you are continually going back to your trainer to upgrade those skills

2) you get rusty. when you don't play a class, it's easy to lose your skill you built up after 20 levels of play. You may not "think" you lost it...you still remember what most of the skills do, and where they're placed, etc....but trust me you get rusty. you need to spend some time on a class again, getting the feel of it, so you don't have to think twice about what skill does what.

In short, you just need to practice on that guy more, and update your skills and equipment. now, on the transfer...there is a way of transferring bound "mods" to another toon (not full gear, but mods are x-ferrable). you just put the mods in a legacy bound item, mail it over, and the other toon can yank them out. but most legacy gear is quite expensive, or only gotten during special events, so it's not a method that works well for a new player. but it is an option, so thought I'd mention it

Edited by Elyxin

The part I don't think anyone mentioned is you are probably playing with no skill points assigned. They reset skill tress and if you haven't played him for awhile, his tress are probably blank, and thus why you get defeated so fast.

The part I don't think anyone mentioned is you are probably playing with no skill points assigned. They reset skill tress and if you haven't played him for awhile, his tress are probably blank, and thus why you get defeated so fast.

Maybe even without an advanced class. I've seen as high as level 14 and heard others mention they've seen characters as high as level 16 without an advanced class.

You know what? My Skill tree was reset. When I logged in for the first time after my break it was blank....I didn't set it the same way i had it previously so I guess it's my fault. Gonna give that a go thanks much...and thank you all for your feedback.:mon_rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.