Why no GSI transport terminals?

Screaming_Ziva

According to the Developer Blog, GSI is "an advanced technology company". If they're so advanced why don't we have transport terminals for them like we do for the other daily areas? It could be a simple transport terminal right next to the GSI terminals on the GSI planets (Alderaan, Hoth, Makeb, Tatooine, Nar Shadda).

Some of us like doing these dailies and weeklies and it would make doing them much more enjoyable.

According to the Developer Blog, GSI is "an advanced technology company". If they're so advanced why don't we have transport terminals for them like we do for the other daily areas? It could be a simple transport terminal right next to the GSI terminals on the GSI planets (Alderaan, Hoth, Makeb, Tatooine, Nar Shadda).

Some of us like doing these dailies and weeklies and it would make doing them much more enjoyable.

Advanced Technology = Buggy, obviously they used to have transport terminals but the shuttles have broken down, and you have to get a replacement speeder via Ilium. (Joke)

Probably it's an oversight on their part.

It goes like this. Previously we had 2-4 endgame daily areas(2 BH-endgame and 2 outdated early-50-endgame), some of them 'nested' inside planets with long loading times. So changing it to allow direct transport between those nested was great QoL change, and there was no reason not to include Ilum there(Belsavins was there almost by default thanks to Section X). However, they were done trough shuttles, and that was bit confusing and made no sense, so they were switched to what we have now, terminal. However, this terminal was also added to fleet, and that was biggest change - now you can reach any of those planets directly from fleet.

Now, if you wanted to add 3 more planets for GSI dalies, that would make 1/3(estimate, not really bothering to check if it's closer to 1/4 or 1/5) of planets accesible directly from fleet trough terminal, at any level. Six planets, that's significant number. Leading to question, why not add other planets. And then, why even have space travel if you can reach anywhere from fleet.

That is not necessarily purely bad change, but certainly big one. So while I would also enjoy quicker transport between Alderaan/Hoth/Tatooine(/Makeb), I think they should first rethink whole idea of those terminals and how they will affect game before making any such change.

It goes like this. Previously we had 2-4 endgame daily areas(2 BH-endgame and 2 outdated early-50-endgame), some of them 'nested' inside planets with long loading times. So changing it to allow direct transport between those nested was great QoL change, and there was no reason not to include Ilum there(Belsavins was there almost by default thanks to Section X). However, they were done trough shuttles, and that was bit confusing and made no sense, so they were switched to what we have now, terminal. However, this terminal was also added to fleet, and that was biggest change - now you can reach any of those planets directly from fleet.

Now, if you wanted to add 3 more planets for GSI dalies, that would make 1/3(estimate, not really bothering to check if it's closer to 1/4 or 1/5) of planets accesible directly from fleet trough terminal, at any level. Six planets, that's significant number. Leading to question, why not add other planets. And then, why even have space travel if you can reach anywhere from fleet.

That is not necessarily purely bad change, but certainly big one. So while I would also enjoy quicker transport between Alderaan/Hoth/Tatooine(/Makeb), I think they should first rethink whole idea of those terminals and how they will affect game before making any such change.

In my original post, I did not include a terminal on fleet. GSI has no presence on the fleet so there really doesn't need to be one there.

Sounds good to me. You could restrict to to level 55 to use it so this way leveling characters cant use it to quick travel to their questing planets.

And I agree that the GSI terminal shouldnt be on the fleet since they are an independent company on Nar Shadaa. If they are worried about a cost issue, then make purchase or earn a 'terminal pass unlock'.

Sounds good to me. You could restrict to to level 55 to use it so this way leveling characters cant use it to quick travel to their questing planets.

And I agree that the GSI terminal shouldnt be on the fleet since they are an independent company on Nar Shadaa. If they are worried about a cost issue, then make purchase or earn a 'terminal pass unlock'.

Why are you so opposed to lower level characters having access to free/cheap travel options? They're the ones who don't have the cash to travel, while the 50+ crowd, generally, has credits flowing out their asses.

Make travel free for all, or start charging for travel between fleet/Black Hole/Section X/Makeb.

Why are you so opposed to lower level characters having access to free/cheap travel options? They're the ones who don't have the cash to travel, while the 50+ crowd, generally, has credits flowing out their asses.

Make travel free for all, or start charging for travel between fleet/Black Hole/Section X/Makeb.

The credits for ship travel are a nominal fee regardless. The problem with planetary quick travel type options is that they can interfere with the class story. The class storylines from 1-50 assume that the players pass through certain areas(the orbital stations being a prominent example of where class story related events occur).

Ok, I'm not opposed, but I feel it is less likely to happen if we give lowbies the option of skipping to pay for Bioware's fuel travel fees. I figured since BW recently increased the costs, they probably want to keep them there for some reason.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.