Slicing QQ Pt. VIII

Shevyk

I've been getting really nice returns on other crew skill mission crits. However, I haven't gotten ONE crit on Slicing since the Tuesday update, and I've been running two charactesr doing missions pretty consistently.

Yes, I understand that the update did not increase the crit chance. However, I haven't had ONE crit in slicing since Tuesday. Before Tuesday I would have at least one every day which would yield a whopping ONE Thermal Reg.

Yes, this is a blatant whining QQ, but where in the hell are the crits? I mean come on, Tharan Cedrax hasn't crit'd ONCE in three days? Please. Holiday is aghast!!

Seriously, any input on this? Or are the RNG gods just being extra nasty to me this week? It seems off.

Thanks...

Edited by Shevyk

Seems ok to me, they are supposed to be rare drops and are about on par with the old Advanced Neural Augments. I have quite a few alts and on Thursday after 12 hours of logging in about every other hour I got 50+ thermal regs. Friday 80 regs (SS below) I do wish they would adjust the drops of Treasure and Diplomacy missions....holy crap I get tons of those two.

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2705/screenshot2013042707113.jpg

If you are running only the two stages of slicing where tr's drop on a crit, and all your companions are at 10k there is a ~11,5% chance of not getting even one crit within 30(!) runs.

If your companions aren't at 10k, your missing the bonus crit, you are using compoanions without +slicing crit its absolutely normal to wait for a TR for 50 and more mission.

Seems ok to me, they are supposed to be rare drops and are about on par with the old Advanced Neural Augments. I have quite a few alts and on Thursday after 12 hours of logging in about every other hour I got 50+ thermal regs. Friday 80 regs (SS below) I do wish they would adjust the drops of Treasure and Diplomacy missions....holy crap I get tons of those two.

Seems you have everyone elses luck :)

Ok, so what tips do you have for those of us who have got ZERO regs? Using companions with 10k rep is obvious. But do you only use companions that have Slicing Crit chance? What about companions with Slicing Efficiency, does this help? Do you have Legacy of Crafting maxxed? Anything else we should know?

Just got 4 on a low affection companion.

When I was done wiping up the puddle under my chair, I checked two alts. One had three out of four failed missions (full affection companions) and another had two out of three.

Sigh.

Seems you have everyone elses luck :)

Ok, so what tips do you have for those of us who have got ZERO regs? Using companions with 10k rep is obvious. But do you only use companions that have Slicing Crit chance? What about companions with Slicing Efficiency, does this help? Do you have Legacy of Crafting maxxed? Anything else we should know?

Rep doesn't seem to matter, heck one companion has negative rep lol (ss below). I don't have Legacy perks for crafting either. 90% of the time I don't even pay attention what mission I'm assigning out.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/1880/screenshot2013042715112.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3928/screenshot2013042715124.jpg

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8112/screenshot2013042715202.jpg

Ran slicing missions for the past 2 days. Friday I got 3 crits, total of 8 thermal regulators. Yesterday I got 1 crits, total of 4 thermal regulators. I'm getting roughly 100 blue mats for every 2 thermal regulators, very low crit rate indeed.

Does taking the Legacy of Crafting ability add into chances at a slicing mission's? My main is a gather for my other 8 characters and I have had crappy luck as always getting the RNG to ever be in my favor. Up to now I just gather enough mats to get my crafters to 400 (now 450) and then never use the character again, but last couple of days I been trying to make things for people since I have the mats and patterns. Honestly I miss EverQuest 1 and having all my crafting on 1 character because load times really suck for me and swapping back and forth between characters is annoying.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.