You want more female players.....

Nepharia

Some girls will go crazy for more fashion -- something you can either wear with your armor (no stat increases) or that they can augment/mod to gain their stats. They have better fashion sense than guys and want more than just the biggest baddest armor.

Also, allow players to purchase hair style/color and appearance changes after they've been set at the beginning. (I personally would pay for this)

Physical affection between male/female players (I know it's illegal in certain countries for male/male or female/female and you'd only want to have a single code base for all continents and men/women create opposite sex toons all the time)

Remember...girls who game normally have boyfriends who game.

Wow, thanks for the gross generalisation.

I think women would be attracted to the game with interesting content, involved fights, more and better stories and possibly better advertisement.

I may *like* putting my characters in cool outfits, but so does my husband. Saying that the only reason I play this game is because I can play "ooh, dress up" is frankly insulting.

And, because you've obviously missed it, Bioware ARE introducing character recustomization in 2.1!

Actually, girls who game normally don't fall for idiotic stereotypes like you just mentioned. They game for the love of the game, not whether the game has the most outfits.

Either you are a hardcore misogynistic boy or a "Gamer guuuuurl". Neither of which anyone would like to have around.

Now leave, before I drop a starship on you and convince the Tatooinian moisture farm girl inside it to go on a whirlwind adventure with a brainless Mirialian, a heartless Sith Pureblood, a cowardly Cathar and a T0-T0 Astromechdroid to find the ruby lightsaber and kill the Wicked Sith Lord of the West Quadrant.

I'm a woman. I don't have a boyfriend atm. And I play this game, and for none of the reasons you mentioned. I play this because of the chiss and the good stories. (And tbh...pvp.) So don't say that this is what women like because you like it.

Now leave, before I drop a starship on you and convince the Tatooinian moisture farm girl inside it to go on a whirlwind adventure with a brainless Mirialian, a heartless Sith Pureblood, a cowardly Cathar and a T0-T0 Astromechdroid to find the ruby lightsaber and kill the Wicked Sith Lord of the West Quadrant.

Sounds awesome, I'd read it.

Also, you were meaner than I were, but I agree. Besides, everyone and their grandma is on the forums currently calling for new gear. If they're all men, why would they want to play dress up? I thought that was for girls? :rolleyes:

Give me some male slave gear though and I'll level my Chiss.

Sounds awesome, I'd read it.

Also, you were meaner than I were, but I agree. Besides, everyone and their grandma is on the forums currently calling for new gear. If they're all men, why would they want to play dress up? I thought that was for girls? :rolleyes:

Give me some male slave gear though and I'll level my Chiss.

There's a difference between generally wanting new gear and saying "clearly girls only play games with lots of outfits because they like dressing up pretty in real life!"

I think guys are more into customizing the appearance of their female characters :p

My husband only leveled his Marauder to 50 so that he could put her in the black and red Gree armour, with the red-black crystals, in the Gree Lightsabres.

There's a difference between generally wanting new gear and saying "clearly girls only play games with lots of outfits because they like dressing up pretty in real life!"

Yeah, I know, but the implication in the OP was that only girls like playing dress up and we need more things to play dress up because no one who's female plays this game. Because they can't play dress up.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Tatile

Female gamer, 38. I dress up my male twi'leks in the shirtless jumpsuit outfit for obvious eye candy reasons (yeah, an all male twi'lek dancing troupe in a cantina would be just fine with me!) but I don't care about my female characters' outfits so much. When I make characters that are my own gender, I tend to make them quirky and have whole backstories and personalities planned for them. Mostly I don't care about fashion in games. I'm more interested in storyline, fun combat, questing, crafting, lore.

Well hello ladys in the thread.... ahem, sorry.

Looking good is not gender specific and looking bad defo isnt. Its only a modern thing that states men dont care and women care to much. Everyone cares what they look like. And thats in game or out of game. So more options is always better but aiming stuff at gender specific is what makes people think well meh guys dont care anyhows.

Edited by Shingara

Actually, girls who game normally don't fall for idiotic stereotypes like you just mentioned. They game for the love of the game, not whether the game has the most outfits.

Either you are a hardcore misogynistic boy or a "Gamer guuuuurl". Neither of which anyone would like to have around.

Winning

And the 2.1 update is going to allow characters to rework their appearance, as well as adding the capability to dye the primary and secondary colors of your gear (and either spread that to the rest of your gear with the existing 'unify colors' function or dye each piece individually).

Wow, thanks for the gross generalisation.

I think women would be attracted to the game with interesting content, involved fights, more and better stories and possibly better advertisement.

I may *like* putting my characters in cool outfits, but so does my husband. Saying that the only reason I play this game is because I can play "ooh, dress up" is frankly insulting.

And, because you've obviously missed it, Bioware ARE introducing character recustomization in 2.1!

MMO History proves that wrong. And I quote my ex gf "there are a ton of women on Aion because it's a pretty mmo".

That being said, customization affects both genders. Moar please.

MMO History proves that wrong. And I quote my ex gf "there are a ton of women on Aion because it's a pretty mmo".

That being said, customization affects both genders. Moar please.

I'm not disputing the idea that some people play games based on the graphics, but rather the idea that "prettiness" is the only reason women play games.

Besides, if you're a woman who plays games because you think they look good, there's a fairly decent chance you'll be labelled 'shallow' and called a terrible gamer, a fake nerd, etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.