Why cant Cybertech craft more Speeders?

Bethmora

OK, I for one and tired of seeing all these speeders on the CM. When the game started Cybertech was able to craft the only speeders in game but now It seems BW/EA want to make real money off speeders in packs. I did very well with Cybertech before the Exp/2.0 but now you have to sell your goods for 1/2 to under just to maybe get a sale.

We have asked over and over and over for things to craft ingame but for some reason we are not getting them, oh wait thats because they are on the CM now.

To my knowledge, Cybertech Speeders could not be sold on GTN for a long time (or even traded across legacy), so I highly doubt you were making much sale on them.

Most Cybertechs make their money by selling armorings, mods and grenades.

Also, all the speeders you craft have the "jury rigged" look about them. Co crafting some ultra luxurious speeder out of scrap metals would just feel strange, no?

Plus, CM speeders are cool fluff, which is what CM is (and should be) all about

first never said i was selling the Cybertech speeders early on. Fluff yes, keeping things from use to craft is another. As i stated before 2.0 i and many others did well now things dont sell. My point is we as crafters are getting overlooked so BW/EA can make real money on the CM. Its a game, yes i know that but I want to sell what i make and want to make more then basic stuff.

Don't understand your complaint about cybertech not making money. I made a modest 5 mil from 28 armorings, stuff you don't need to raid to get, since ROTHC with cybertech. Since my cybertech is not my main, I am pretty sure a lot more cybetechs made significantly more than that. Edited by XuShaBi

I would like to be able to reverse engineer mounts so that we can craft them, as it stands cybertech has a very limited scope for gtn sales, yes we can sell leveling stuff but our mounts and space gear is useless. The cartel market has desimated cybertech for a useful crafting skill and something needs tobe done to address it.

I would like to be able to reverse engineer mounts so that we can craft them, as it stands cybertech has a very limited scope for gtn sales, yes we can sell leveling stuff but our mounts and space gear is useless.

You have got to be joking... Even with players not needing 28 stuff, you still can make tons of cash from MK-9 comps.

The cartel market has desimated cybertech for a useful crafting skill and something needs tobe done to address it.

Same thing can be said about other crafting skills like synthweaving. For instance, CM now provides a very cheap way to get hold of orange gear.

You have got to be joking... Even with players not needing 28 stuff, you still can make tons of cash from MK-9 comps.

Same thing can be said about other crafting skills like synthweaving. For instance, CM now provides a very cheap way to get hold of orange gear.

So 1 thing, woopie doo. im so happy.............

Currently mounts are flooding the gtn from the cartel market, whats wrong exactly with cybertechs being able to reverse engineer vendor mounts and cartel pack mounts to be able to craft them. Will that crash the gtn market, no, will that crash the cartel market, no. Tokens can be ground out like candy, you dont need to buy lvl 53 mods from the gtn when they are so cheap from the vendor.

And did i mention anywhere this should be limited to cybertecs in reverse engineering cartel items for patterns, no. You simply didnt think to ask for synths to be able todo it, or armtechs, armmechs etc. Nothing stops artifice doing it does it.

Edited by Shingara

first never said i was selling the Cybertech speeders early on. Fluff yes, keeping things from use to craft is another. As i stated before 2.0 i and many others did well now things dont sell. My point is we as crafters are getting overlooked so BW/EA can make real money on the CM. Its a game, yes i know that but I want to sell what i make and want to make more then basic stuff.

Sorry, misunderstood yoour post, I thought you were going on about speeders. Cybertechs make killing of item modification. If anyone was hurt by CM, it were crafters of orange gear (synth and armor, they now make most of their money from augments (they adapted to the needs of market)).

I would like to be able to reverse engineer mounts so that we can craft them, as it stands cybertech has a very limited scope for gtn sales, yes we can sell leveling stuff but our mounts and space gear is useless. The cartel market has desimated cybertech for a useful crafting skill and something needs to be done to address it.

You are joking right? Cybertech are one of the most sought after professions, as they supply armoring and mods to those unwilling to run ops but willing to shell out tons of credits. Not to mention grenades for PvPers. Cybertech was, and still is, one of the most overpowered professions in the game, just like Biochem.

So 1 thing, woopie doo. im so happy..............

That was just one example... out of many which turns in loads of cash.

Currently mounts are flooding the gtn from the cartel market, whats wrong exactly with cybertechs being able to reverse engineer vendor mounts and cartel pack mounts to be able to craft them. Will that crash the gtn market, no, will that crash the cartel market, no.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with cybertech able to RE mounts but that it's absolutely rubbish to say cybertech have limited scope for sales in GTN. Making money is not just about having more product but knowing how to outsmart competition. If you can't outsmart competition then no matter how much product variety you will have, you won't be making money.

Tokens can be ground out like candy, you dont need to buy lvl 53 mods from the gtn when they are so cheap from the vendor. .

Many hate grinding for basic comms. That is why those 28 stuff are still racking in like 50K profit on my server and selling like hot cakes.

And did i mention anywhere this should be limited to cybertecs in reverse engineering cartel items for patterns, no. You simply didnt think to ask for synths to be able todo it, or armtechs, armmechs etc. Nothing stops artifice doing it does it.

If we can make CM stuff, BW would be losing tons of cash. Competition would easily level the price down. So don't bet your hopes on it.

You are joking right? Cybertech are one of the most sought after professions, as they supply armoring and mods to those unwilling to run ops but willing to shell out tons of credits. Not to mention grenades for PvPers. Cybertech was, and still is, one of the most overpowered professions in the game, just like Biochem.

So the level 28 mods and armouring are what your talking about correct, Which is cheaper, spending tokens to buy them on the vendor in makeb or buying them off the gtn. So you get to use 1 grenade. The people who cannot be bothered to spend cartel coins for space upgrade might just buy the space stuff. Ow yes and least forget we sell a freaking ton of mounts.

We cant make augments, one of the best ranges for us to sell mods which is the mid 40's as people hit the wall when they get to voss is gone since the cartel vendor sells epic 43 chests and its not incredibly hard to gear up at 55. Yes we may get a little flow later when people start getting recipie drops from ops but this is besides the point.

Currently 1 crafting skill can get patterns from cartel and thats artifice.

The bottom line to this is that no crafting skill should be limited in its ability to produce a varied ammount of products plucked from recipies spread through there crafting sections. that includes synthweavers, arms tech and mech and even biochem.

Edited by Shingara

So the level 28 mods and armouring are what your talking about correct, Which is cheaper, spending tokens to buy them on the vendor in makeb or buying them off the gtn.

And this is only until the new tier of raid gear drops and then Cybertech will be king again being able to make the previous raid armorings/mods.

If we can make CM stuff, BW would be losing tons of cash. Competition would easily level the price down. So don't bet your hopes on it.

This is the only thing i need to address from the post as ive covered the rest in other replys. The cm wouldnt crash, bioware wouldnt loose cash, Do they loose cash on crystals, NO. Mounts are specific to certain packs, even events. So even though right now the market would be limited right now in the future they wouldnt.

People who currently are ranked with the cartel market can bypass packs and purchase direct from the cartel vendor. People can even buy lvl 43 epic chests from the cartel vendor.

So seriously are you all joking, cos what harm is cybertechs being able to reverse engineer mounts do hmm. Im not asking to print money. Its not like asking to be able to reverse engineer rare crystals is it.

Edited by Shingara

So the level 28 mods and armouring are what your talking about correct, Which is cheaper, spending tokens to buy them on the vendor in makeb or buying them off the gtn.

Spending basic to buy armoring cost players from buying Ark relics. Most would rather save up and spend them on the relics because those relics are BiS, before hitting HM 55 ops. So buying 28 stuff off gtn is not a bad idea for many players.

Spending basic to buy armoring cost players from buying Ark relics. Most would rather save up and spend them on the relics because those relics are BiS, before hitting HM 55 ops. So buying 28 stuff off gtn is not a bad idea for many players.

Have you looked how many dailys there are latly, im just wondering because you talk like tokens are rare.

Edited by Shingara

This is the only thing i need to address from the post as ive covered the rest in other replys. The cm wouldnt crash, bioware wouldnt loose cash, Do they loose cash on crystals, NO. Mounts are specific to certain packs, even events. So even though right now the market would be limited right now in the future they wouldnt.

People who currently are ranked with the cartel market can bypass packs and purchase direct from the cartel vendor. People can even buy lvl 43 epic chests from the cartel vendor.

So seriously are you all joking, cos what harm is cybertechs being able to reverse engineer mounts do hmm. Im not asking to print money. Its not like asking to be able to reverse engineer rare crystals is it.

No, you said the reason why Cybertech should get to RE them is because you're not making profit with cybertech. This is just garbage. What you have posted here provides little ground to justify what you want.

Have you looked how many dailys there are latly, im just wondering because you talk like tokens are rare.

The fact of the matter is my sales prove people finds buying them off GTN worth while and is consistent to what I had said. Spin it as hard as you can, the truth won't change.

No, you said the reason why Cybertech should get to RE them is because you're not making profit with cybertech. This is just garbage. What you have posted here provides little ground to justify what you want.

They dont make profit on space, thats gone out the window, 28 armor mods is cheaper from tokens, we dont make nothin from earpeices, no on buys grenades, Our mounts because yes we can craft 3 of them dont sell and no on needs droid gear as any orange droid custom can slap the mods and stuff from the vendors in very easily and alot cheaper.

So is there some profit, yes. Is the crafting skill utilised no. And thats the bottom line. And all your arguments against the only crafting prof who can make mounts from reverse engineering them, well it can still make some money pfft.

The fact of the matter is my sales prove people finds buying them off GTN worth while and is consistent to what I had said. Spin it as hard as you can, the truth won't change.

And my sales say they dont. so whats that, an opinion, you know what opinions are like dont you.

And my sales say they dont. so whats that, an opinion, you know what opinions are like dont you.

Sale's figure is not an opinion but reflection of people's preference. If you see two salesmen one raking high sales with decent profit and other is not then do you start to blame the product being bad or just the other salesman is poor with the business?

Edited by XuShaBi

Sale's figure is not an opinion but reflection of people's preference. If you see two salesmen one raking high sales with decent profit and other is not then do you start to blame the product being bad or just the other salesman is poor with the business?

So the gtn talks to people now, interesting.

Yup. I was surprised by it myself, but the fact is that many are using basic comms for the relics or mainhand to start and getting a good portion of their armoring, mods and enhancements from GTN. There is no set bonus to speak of as soon as you switch to basic and therefore creds are just as good as comms for modding out your gear..

It isn't hard to get Basic Comms, but it can take a while to get enough to buy a couple of relics.

Cybertech as a profession is doing just fine. Better than most as a matter of fact.

So is there some profit, yes. Is the crafting skill utilised no. And thats the bottom line. And all your arguments against the only crafting prof who can make mounts from reverse engineering them, well it can still make some money pfft.

What you want to rake in easy millions with just one profession? I don't think you understand business mate. Your competitors diminishes your return; not just the number of varieties does it. No matter how many product BW introduce, your fellow cybertech will compete away your pie easily if you expect a easy free lunch from the profession.

Edited by XuShaBi

What you want to rake in easy millions with just one profession? I don't think you understand business mate. Your competitors diminishes your return but just the number of varieties. No matter how many product BW introduce, your fellow cybertech will compete away your pie easily if you expect a easy free lunch from the profession.

Mate ey lol. no its called economics, you take cost of materials, time invested to collect other materials, price to place on gtn and cut taken by gtn on sale and set the price above that, who knows maybe your one of those who gets nearly all there mats from cartel packs. But the time invested to collect the mats doesnt equal the time it takes to get the tokens no matter how you look at it.

Are there people on the servers who cant be bothered todo the work and simply think meh its only money and buy it yup, probably the same fool who paid a 1.7 mil for a luxary skiff when i was only using the gtn for storage, i mean who buys a skiff for that much.

So whilst your trying tobe high and mighty your also very short sighted, because what exactly happens when the bulk of people are in there 28 slot stuff hmm. please do tell. But please do stay in that bubble, complain about expanding crafting in your prof and remove the bullet from your foot when you think what you could have been able todo with being able to craft mounts from packs no one buys anymore cos there is no rep token with it.

may not even need to craft one for a year, what about the snow blower xmas mount, if you could craft that now. And no one is talking about insta learn on 1st reverse.

Edited by Shingara

sorry but I don't see those sales either. cybertech is dead after 2.0 unless you find some niche.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.