Balanced (and calm...calm...calm) opinion on Arcanum

Angedechu

I have read many comments about how Arcanum is overtuned apparently.

Well, I had no issues whatsoever with the combat in the Arcanum.

Moving in the Arcanum, to put it charitably, is another matter.

To explain the experience in SW terms, I would say that some of the jumps after Patient Zero are on par, entertainement wise, with getting a prostate check done with a (left-handed) lanvarok. (ah, AVGN, you are my muse for such comparisons)

Edited by Angedechu

Its pretty straight forward, not had any issues at all. Certainly not with jumping, there is a lot of jumping over tiny gaps and some thought just needs to be put in to getting over a couple of spots. Some people maybe need to turn the autorun off this one, and take their time

Wait, are you talking about the jumping required during the Bino quest?

Seriously, they made this way too easy. You should have seen it before hand... Oh how I wish Dulfy would have made a video of what it USED to look like. It was hard, but freaking awesome! All we EVER asked for, was that they put in check points, for those in your group who cannot get past the jumping, so you don't have to wait around all day. Instead, they did this, AND super nerfed it. I suck at jumping, and I cleared it on the first go...

If this is not what we are talking about then I am just going to keep on walking...

Personally, my name is NOT Mario or Luigi. I am not a Mario Brother nor am I a fan of these games because I quite honestly SUCK at them. And I know there's ALOT of people who detest the jumping to get datacrons, or complete quests.

Make some THINKING quests or alternatives to all the jumping already. And yes I saw it BEFORE they so called nerfed it. But hell, at level 50, I'm a Jedi Master. I should be able to force leap up to the next platform and go, not miss a simple jump and fall to my death.

I think it's worth noteing the seeker and bionoc quests are seperated from the main grouping for a specific reason. this allows BW to impliment some intresting puzzles and jumping, without holding people away from the main storyline

Personally, my name is NOT Mario or Luigi. I am not a Mario Brother nor am I a fan of these games because I quite honestly SUCK at them. And I know there's ALOT of people who detest the jumping to get datacrons, or complete quests.

Make some THINKING quests or alternatives to all the jumping already. And yes I saw it BEFORE they so called nerfed it. But hell, at level 50, I'm a Jedi Master. I should be able to force leap up to the next platform and go, not miss a simple jump and fall to my death.

this.

the amount of times I fell in that place is just... and the fact that if on certain jumps you fall - its to your death and it takes you to OUTSIDE of the instance?

/shudder.

I love puzzles. I love puzzles that I have to think, to solve. I loved the parts of the quest chain, where I had to figure out how to open doors, how to glitch lasers etc. those were FUN.

jumping? especially jumping in this game where lag messes you up, where controls can get wonky? it may be fun to some of you (but hey super Mario games are pretty successful) but its not fun to all of us, not even remotely.

the main reason I personally stopped playing GW2 and only log in maybe once every few months? were the jumping puzzles every freaking where to the point where the only content that was left for me - was basically mob grinding.

focusing more and more on making people jump (fer cripes sakes there are basic roads on Makeb where you have to jump..) is just.. please stop? please?

personally I have a relatively mild fear of heights. and arcanum still made my heart jump in my throat with every damn jump. I cannot even imagine how much worse it would be for someone with a genuine phobia.

this was almost as bad as dumping a random 4 man at the end of the solo chain :/

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.