While we wait for an announcement, let's bet on a price for Cathar.

TheSeventhJedi

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the current species unlocks are 600 cc's each. I'm going to guess....850.

Kinda pointless for a new race when there's no race change, or no account wide vehicles/pets/items.

That feature was announced to be coming early summer, along with the ability to change to Cathar.

Also, there are account wide pets, vehicles and items, I have several. Not sure what that has to do with a new species though.

Edited by chuixupu

I am optimistically going to say free for subscribers for certain classes (as with other races, maybe BH, Smuggler and Trooper) and 600cc for everyone else and all class unlocks.

That's right, I am backing Bioware to do the right thing.

Wait, what?

Edited by Jarnaktane
Update

I say they will go with something closer to 24 dollars to unlock. And then say if it doesn't sell well they wont release any more. So that people that think they look ugly as sin (and possible stupid being on the Imperial side, did people see the blue one on Makeb) that want to see decent species added will then purchase them.

Good on those people I just hope should it be profitable and more species are going to be added that Bioware only ask the people that purchased them what the next species should be. People should be expected to put their money where their mouth is.

I'd say the unlock for cathar will be 19.99...and there will be faction differences, which we can unlock for another 7.99 each.

For example...blue cathars = Imps and Cheetah/LionKing cathars = Reps :D

Edited by Lunafox

You are all assuming it will be a race unlock like the others.

Since they said it will be part of the "barber shop" release, I can't help but wonder if the cathar might be a character unlock available via the "barber shop" or if indeed it will be an account wide unlock.

If it's a race change option for individual characters I suspect it would cost around 600 CC. You see, it might just be a race change that has the cathar as option rather than an account unlock that adds the race to the character creation screen as normal.

I *suspect* Cathar will be released as an unlock to play from start slightly *before* the barber shop recustomisation feature, because that way makes more economic sense.

Releasing them on their own first, a lot of people pay money to unlock and roll a new Cathar, spend money on the cartel shop to equip them how they like, etc etc... then pay again to get the barber shop feature to change a few existing characters. Either to Cathar, or something else.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.