R.I.P Guardian/Juggernaut and Assassin/Shadow tank hybrids

Fallerup

I don't know about you, but I loved my 27/12/2 Juggernaut tank and my 25/1/17 assassin. But with the changes to Vigilance/Vengeance and Infiltration/Deception tree, those 2 specs are now dead. What is the point, moving Duplicity/Infiltration tactics higher up in the tree? so only Deception/infiltration assassins/shadows can have it? so lame!

and don't get me started on Unremitting/unstoppable. its a talent, completed wasted on a dps guardian/Juggernaut, unless you move it into lolsmash tree (charge, smash, kill), where it might be useful. in PvE, its certainly not useful to anyone.

I just wanted to vent my grief at Bioware for killing tank PvP. Thanks alot!

Of course, those 2 specs are lvl 50, the 55 versions would have 5 more points, but you get the picture.

I don't know about you, but I loved my 27/12/2 Juggernaut tank and my 25/1/17 assassin. But with the changes to Vigilance/Vengeance and Infiltration/Deception tree, those 2 specs are now dead. What is the point, moving Duplicity/Infiltration tactics higher up in the tree? so only Deception/infiltration assassins/shadows can have it? so lame!

and don't get me started on Unremitting/unstoppable. its a talent, completed wasted on a dps guardian/Juggernaut, unless you move it into lolsmash tree (charge, smash, kill), where it might be useful. in PvE, its certainly not useful to anyone.

Of course, those 2 specs are lvl 50, the 55 versions would have 5 more points, but you get the picture.

You can still play Unremitting/Unstoppable with 13 points and it only requires you to be in Shien, so how exactly did they kill it?

The only reason it was even good was for HB, and if you are a ball carrier, you should have very little beef with stance switching [EDIT]because the whole point of Soresu is to enable Guard. Are you guarding people when you are the ball carrier?[/EDIT]...:cool:

Edited by L-RANDLE

The only complaint i have as far as tank PVP goes is that guard only has 15m range which is painful if you really look at the insane ranges people are fighting now. unless i am face humping the tank i do not benefit from guard as a healer forcing me to give up valuable positioning to get a much needed guard or making my tank rush back to me instead of holding the line - sort of speak.

Either way its not too much to end or break it for me it just "would be nice."

Sorry bro tanks are alive and well. Look at this protection. http://imgur.com/mPrl4g7

You can still play Unremitting/Unstoppable with 13 points and it only requires you to be in Shien, so how exactly did they kill it?

The only reason it was even good was for HB, and if you are a ball carrier, you should have very little beef with stance switching [EDIT]because the whole point of Soresu is to enable Guard. Are you guarding people when you are the ball carrier?[/EDIT]...:cool:

not disagreeing with you but the last part of this irks me :D

if you have a tank and you have a healer, guard keeps the healer alive... which keeps you alive. period.

if you have the ball and you take your guard off the healer (without a backup tank ready to shield them) you shorten your life span as well (in most cases).

this is of course assuming its a pocket healer, all bets are off when its a pug^^

off topic i know but im amazed at how many people say things like "take your shield off the healer" or "im a gunslinger dont pass me the ball" and it makes me sad :(

Edited by dufox

Sorry bro tanks are alive and well. Look at this protection. http://imgur.com/mPrl4g7

I couldn't agree with you more. I broke my Jugg tank out to play after shelving him in favor of my Sorc & Sage and forgot just how much fun playing a Tank truly is. I averaged 450k defence in 4 WZ. Still getting acquainted with this AC again. I thoroughly enjoy playing a tank, always have and will continue to do so.

Edited by Ghost_Spectre

so, full defense/immortal then?

Since shield is actually useful in PvP now, where only defense was before.

and stance switching isn't my thing.

so something like this?

http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/juggernaut/10/?build=020222120212120222122102023000100302000200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000&ver=20

39/7/0 ?

because of the shielding thing. before the change, talents like sonic barrier were useless because most player attacks ignored shield, but not anymore.

I do enjoy the tank role more than dps tbh. it feel more... useful. Of course, all roles have their uses, but you know what I mean. was gonna switch to lolsmash, since I do enjoy that too, but yeah, will try full immortal and so how it works out. Sadly, my current gear is remodded to almost only having defense rating on it, since shield and absorb were useless, but oh well.

Edited by Fallerup

not disagreeing with you but the last part of this irks me :D

if you have a tank and you have a healer, guard keeps the healer alive... which keeps you alive. period.

if you have the ball and you take your guard off the healer (without a backup tank ready to shield them) you shorten your life span as well (in most cases).

this is of course assuming its a pocket healer, all bets are off when its a pug^^

off topic i know but im amazed at how many people say things like "take your shield off the healer" or "im a gunslinger dont pass me the ball" and it makes me sad :(

If you are the ball carrier, why should you absorb more damage than you have to? If a healer is following you, then you effectively are getting double banged on damage from AoE attacks.... How many times have you seen a cluster of players dropping AoE bombs in the ball carrier group?

That is the one instance a healer is "on his/her own". The only thing you should be doing, besides trying to score is, Taunt, Snare spam, and blowing CD when necessary. Your healer dying, means you, as a tank, should score(assuming a start from mid).. Healers just need to get us past the first fire pit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.