In the news: Layoffs at EA today

DarthTHC

Karma at its finest. Still people stick up for them i dont know why.

EA makes games. Sometimes they're games people like, sometimes they aren't. With the exception of when malicious activity occurs, its ridiculous to treat a business like some evil entity that deserves divine retribution visited upon its employees and managers. There's a lot of restaurants that I don't like, doesn't mean I feel smug if one shuts down.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EA makes games. Sometimes they're games people like, sometimes they aren't. With the exception of when malicious activity occurs, its ridiculous to treat a business like some evil entity that deserves divine retribution visited upon its employees and managers. There's a lot of restaurants that I don't like, doesn't mean I feel smug if one shuts down.

EA is also the most hated company in america. for a second year running.

You are trying to reason with detached and self-absorbed shut-ins. What kind of idiot has not noticed layoffs happening all over the country in all areas of industry and has not come to the conclusion that it boils down to a suffering economy rather than an evil company.

What a horrible statement to make. We're talking about people with families just doing their jobs. I can understand this sentiment towards a rich CEO like Riccitello being forced to step down, they're the ones that control business decisions - but just the employees? What a complete jerk.

EA is also the most hated company in america. for a second year running.

Even if that's true, which it's not (maybe most hated game company) that's due to the people at the top making poor decisions more than the lowly programmers and support people that will ACTUALLY be laid off. Grow a heart man, or you might see some affects of Karma yourself. ;)

What a horrible statement to make. We're talking about people with families just doing their jobs. I can understand this sentiment towards a rich CEO like Riccitello being forced to step down, they're the ones that control business decisions - but just the employees? What a complete jerk.

How dare you assume things, you jerk.

I was referring to the top management. Yes it sucks some people are gonna lose their jobs, especially those who have worked hard and done everything theyre told to do. I have nothing against the employees.

Even if that's true, which it's not (maybe most hated game company) that's due to the people at the top making poor decisions more than the lowly programmers and support people that will ACTUALLY be laid off. Grow a heart man, or you might see some affects of Karma yourself. ;)

Again, thats what i was referring to. EA is going downhill because of the decisions of top management, its their fault.

I was referring to the top management. Yes it sucks some people are gonna lose their jobs, especially those who have worked hard and done everything theyre told to do. I have nothing against the employees.

Perhaps you should have said that the first time, rather then the vague perjorative you used. And why resort to name calling? Are you in preschool or something?

Again, thats what i was referring to. EA is going downhill because of the decisions of top management, its their fault.

If only running a business were that two dimensional. :rolleyes:

Management makes errors for sure. But markets also move and change in the consumer base. And let's not pretend that broader economic facts don't have an impact on a company as well. In other words... crap happens... even when applying perfect management decisions within the executive suites of a company.

Dude... you are out of line with your shallow rhetoric IMO.

"What we have here is...failure to communicate. "

But thank you for stepping in and clarifying your statement.

In the context of the statement, the jerk comment was completely deserved. But seeing that he corrected the statement, while still being a bit of a pill, I will happily apologize for calling DarthWoad a jerk. ;)

*I am a she, btw, not that I usually bother to make the correction.

*I am a she, btw, not that I usually bother to make the correction.

:) Yeah, I think I knew that from earlier forum threads. My bad. I fixed.

Though on the internet.. strictly speaking.. we are all gender neutral (this is not an attempt to spark an SGR fire).. but I can't bring myself to calling people "it", "them", etc. :p

And that's not likely to affect the people actually making the bad decisions. You may be giddy about this but it's average people that are going to loose their jobs, not the top managers making poor decisions. And even if those top people loose their jobs too they'll just glide on their golden parachute to the next failure meanwhile the other that get laid off could be unemployed for months.

Welcome to America.

And that's not likely to affect the people actually making the bad decisions. You may be giddy about this but it's average people that are going to loose their jobs, not the top managers making poor decisions. And even if those top people loose their jobs too they'll just glide on their golden parachute to the next failure meanwhile the other that get laid off could be unemployed for months.

Welcome to America.

We are all at risking of loosing our jobs. Just yesterday I loosed my wallet. I hate not having my wallet. I can only hope I don't loose my sanity.

Loose.

Loose.

LOSE.

They probably made the poor souls slave over a new cartel pack, and ignore all valid fixes during their final weeks of work before firing them.

Par for the course for EA. Quite simply, EA is a terrible company with horrible direction from the top. Working for them must be daily eggshell walking and mailslot checking for pink slips.

That's extremely unfair. Layoffs are not necessarily a sign of poor direction.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.