Stop bringing the forums down every patch

Ewok-Scout

Some of us, myself included have nothing better to do than play SWTOR. When you bring the servers down for hours on end I need a place to vent my SWTOR energy. I have time to rant on the forums, and create threads complaining about the forums going down and therefore not being able to create threads about the servers being down because the servers are down. It's a time when people can complain, and generally use the forums, but they are not used.

I don't want to use Twitter, Facebook etc. I think they are stupid. I like classic game forums for my games.

TLDR: LEAVE FORUMS UP DURING PATCHING/DOWNTIME.

-----------OFFSET FORUM DOWNTIME FROM GAME DOWNTIME

• 4 weeks later...
You basicly provide the answer right there yourself. Most people are lazy or don't have time waste on forums rather than playing the game. If all players not able to play the game would instead come to the forums and vent their opinions the amount of critisism would not see an end and Bioware are very well aware of that. Sure, they would probably see alot of pats on their back for doing a great job as well so that would perhaps even itself out(I personally doubt so seeing all the complaints both on the forums and ingame as it is). No, a far more plausible reason is that they would not have time to monitor the forums for violations etc or maybe even that the forum servers would not handle the increase in traffic.

Yes, I think the forums should run during maintanences. People who usually don't go to forums would come and say what they thing is good/bad/ugly. I think this game could use more feedback from more people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.