Enough is enough.

fleshtaker

Its time to just scrap this bolster thing at 55 pre 55 its fine @55 you should just get recuit 2.0 admit you got it wrong and just give free sets of this gear and if pver's dont take it then let them get owned.

The stats should be somewhere in the region of 5% lower base stats of partisan and the same amount of Expertise as partisan that way new 55's are not going to get blown away and pve gear wont be better for pvp.

I appreciate the effort bioware to make it as even as possiable but its not working its time to do away with it admit you got it wrong and move on

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya enough is enough...theses threads by people who wish they could kill low geared noobs is getting out of hand. They just need to admit they can't have a fair fight and need gear to make them feel like they are better than the bads they really are. I know, I know its all about the gear progression...the carrot on the stick,,,you're right...you're not bad. :rolleyes:

Ya enough is enough...theses threads by people who wish they could kill low geared noobs is getting out of hand. They just need to admit they can't have a fair fight and need gear to make them feel like they are better than the bads they really are. I know, I know its all about the gear progression...the carrot on the stick,,,you're right...you're not bad. :rolleyes:

An obvious pver wanting to hold his crutch is obvious move along troll we all know you want to pvp in pve gear and dominate over ppl who actually use pvp gear a lazy bad is just a lazy bad

Edited by fleshtaker

An obvious pver wanting to hold his crutch is obvious move along troll we all know you want to pvp in pve gear and dominate over ppl who actually use pvp gear a lazy bad is just a lazy bad

Lol I have nothing but pvp gear and stil have no troubles with anyone in pve gear. The difference is I can still destroy them with no problems which leads me to the you are bad argument.....see how that works so please for the love of God, get off the forum, go learn2play, and find something else to ***** about like how every spec out there is op to u.

Yep, it's all solely about jumping on bads. You got us. There's NOTHING else wrong with bolster or the way it was implemented.

Yawn. Please quit. Most people enjoy the closed gear gap. Both those in hardcore pvp guilds (me) and those who aren't.

There are the people who want to be gear based regstars. There is no room for these people anymore. If you want to be a regStar use skill, not gear.

See you in ranked?

Yawn. Please quit. Most people enjoy the closed gear gap. Both those in hardcore pvp guilds (me) and those who aren't.

The gear gap is wider under bolster than it was in 1.7. I've seen people with 10k more HP than other players on the team, and gaps in expertise spanning 700+ (recruit to EWH was around 400). I've seen people will 200 or so more of their main stat. If you think anyone is on equal footing under bolster, I invite you to start inspecting the players on your warzone team.

There are the people who want to be gear based regstars. There is no room for these people anymore. If you want to be a regStar use skill, not gear.

See you in ranked?

This.

Whiners no longer have gear to help them win fights and obviously lack the skill to do so as well. Instead of joining ranked they pug and complain when they can't kill the guy with partly pvp/pve gear.

The reason I hate bolster is because it is a lie. Don't try to pull that ridiculous "gear doesn't matter any more."

The 55 bolster was designed to lower the gear gap and give new 55s a fighting chance. The problem is that the system penalizes those gearing properly through pvp and promotes exploiting through various gear tricks and using pve gear to an advantage in pvp.

Bolster =/= Even

Bolster really means.. Exploiter/Pve > Pvp

The reason I hate bolster is because it is a lie. Don't try to pull that ridiculous "gear doesn't matter any more."

The 55 bolster was designed to lower the gear gap and give new 55s a fighting chance. The problem is that the system penalizes those gearing properly through pvp and promotes exploiting through various gear tricks and using pve gear to an advantage in pvp.

Bolster =/= Even

Well said

It won't get fixed until they increase the item level and stats on partisan/conquer to that of arkanian/underworld.

Which is a major part of the current problem with bolster asside from bugging gear slots.

They will never be able to tweak bolster to make it even or close to it

The gear gap is wider under bolster than it was in 1.7. I've seen people with 10k more HP than other players on the team, and gaps in expertise spanning 700+ (recruit to EWH was around 400). I've seen people will 200 or so more of their main stat. If you think anyone is on equal footing under bolster, I invite you to start inspecting the players on your warzone team.

You couldn't be more wrong. Pre-2.0 those in pve gear had no expertise, gaps of 1100-1345 depending on your flavor. Expertise is different now, it's necessary. Pre-2.0 you'd be garbage vs a min/max if you went full expertise. The calculations have changed but people keep incorrectly comparing the game to pre-2.0.

There bolster may be bugged but it's heart is in the right place. To level, the playing field yet still allowing gear progression/stat advancement/adjustment. I play this game for the competition, only a small minority want a noticeable gear gap with little challenge.

Aside from expertise being overhauled in 2.0 you didn't take into account the increase % wise, that is, raised to 2018. Equal in both sets of pvp gear. Prior to 2.0 each of my toons min/max sets were rocking 1080-1180 expertise. WH and EWH are not pvp gear anymore and that made people whine for some reason. :rolleyes:

And I never said equal footing. That's silly. Bolster isn't meant to make people "equal" it's meant to close the gap for those not wearing pvp gear (the new sets), that is, those who just dinged 55 or those who are just staring to pvp.

If the people who want this game to have a substantial gear gap (gear over skill mentality) choose to quit because of the new direction the devs are going, well, then the game will be better off from a competition standpoint. And that's what most people want.

HP and main stat mean little when comparing class to class or tree to tree. Hell if a sniper uses cunning augments instead of power he'd have a few hundred more main stat alone. There are people who don't even get datacrons... Those = wearing another piece of gear. Yea and my jugg tank has 14k more health than some people (38k already). I've also seen people in WZs with under 20k because they came back to the game and are wearing battle master or centurion gear.

I'm not trying to change people's mind about their complaints. Just making sure they understand the reality of how the game works. People jump to conclusions. Bolster isn't working correctly, the pvp dev team knows that. Talking about unsubscribing or not buying cartel junk won't make them address it any sooner.

Edited by CharterMonkKent

Bolster =/= Even

Simple formula. Get BiS and you'll have the best gear.

You couldn't be more wrong. Pre-2.0 those in pve gear had no expertise, gaps of 1100-1345 depending on your flavor. Expertise is different now, it's necessary. Pre-2.0 you'd be garbage vs a min/max if you went full expertise. The calculations have changed but people keep incorrectly comparing the game to pre-2.0.

If you were in PVP wearing full PVE gear, you deserved to have your *** handed to you. Recruit gear was given out for free. There was NO excuse whatsoever for showing up in PVE gear.

I'm standing in a warzone right now where my Pyro specced Powertech has 31k HP. I'm not a tank. Not wearing tank gear. I have the highest HP on my team, including the Juggs and Assassin (they probably aren't tanks either). Lowest in the warzone is a 25k Sniper. In 1.7, for the most part, every DPS class fell within 18-20k HP. Yet here I am with 20% more HP than another DPS player.

I'm at 2018 Expertise (a mix of PVE and PVP gear), and while most in this warzone fall close to that, the sniper mentioned above has 1640, which is easily as wide as the old recruit - EWH gap. I've seen wider with 2.0 too.

I have 2890 AIM (my main stat) and there is a Merc with nearly 3200. That's like having 2 more pieces of gear on (more than likely he is glitching with augs or some such).

Again: I invite you to inspect your teams. Don't just do it once. Do it a dozen or more. Put it to the test before you boldly declare bolster is closing gaps.

You want to really close the gap? Here is how:

Create a new set of recruit gear. Make it have the same expertise as Partisan/Conqueror. The other stats would be approx 5% less than Partisan. Put a 3rd vendor at each table that literally gives this gear away, infinitely. No excuse for anyone to be in a warzone without it. Gear progression in PVP is preserved (upgrading still worthwhile) while keeping the gap low enough that it isn't insurmountable for a new player. There is no guess work. No exploiting the system. And I guarantee you everyone would be closer in stats than they are under this bolster system.

If you were in PVP wearing full PVE gear, you deserved to have your *** handed to you. Recruit gear was given out for free. There was NO excuse whatsoever for showing up in PVE gear.

I'm standing in a warzone right now where my Pyro specced Powertech has 31k HP. I'm not a tank. Not wearing tank gear. I have the highest HP on my team, including the Juggs and Assassin (they probably aren't tanks either). Lowest in the warzone is a 25k Sniper. In 1.7, for the most part, every DPS class fell within 18-20k HP. Yet here I am with 20% more HP than another DPS player.

I'm at 2018 Expertise (a mix of PVE and PVP gear), and while most in this warzone fall close to that, the sniper mentioned above has 1640, which is easily as wide as the old recruit - EWH gap. I've seen wider with 2.0 too.

I have 2890 AIM (my main stat) and there is a Merc with nearly 3200. That's like having 2 more pieces of gear on (more than likely he is glitching with augs or some such).

Again: I invite you to inspect your teams. Don't just do it once. Do it a dozen or more. Put it to the test before you boldly declare bolster is closing gaps.

You want to really close the gap? Here is how:

Create a new set of recruit gear. Make it have the same expertise as Partisan/Conqueror. The other stats would be approx 5% less than Partisan. Put a 3rd vendor at each table that literally gives this gear away, infinitely. No excuse for anyone to be in a warzone without it. Gear progression in PVP is preserved (upgrading still worthwhile) while keeping the gap low enough that it isn't insurmountable for a new player. There is no guess work. No exploiting the system. And I guarantee you everyone would be closer in stats than they are under this bolster system.

Thanks for the invitation, but I'll decline. If you want to exploit the bugs currently in game, whatever floats your boat. When pvp sets are min/max dps toons should be around 32k hp depending on build.

Also, post a screeny of your gear/stats. The devs need to see how people are still exploiting the system.

This bolster is a real crap.

I see people with 1450 Tech damage. I won't tell what they used for armor and augment, but I already reported it.

They still have bug and people are still exploit it.

BW gonna have to do something otherwise I'm gonna look for another game. Seriously and that doesn't make me feel happy at all because I love this game.

I also agree with the OP... This bolster **** is only good for Raiders, not pvpers.. It actually makes raiding gear the best gear to pvp with and that is not fair at all. Not about skill, its still about gear, just the wrong kind of gear....

I don't want to have to raid in this game to be competitive in PVP. Also , to the bads and raiders who keep coming in here pretending like we want to pwn noobs.. no I just don't want Raiding gear to be better than the pvp gear like it is now.

Lol I have nothing but pvp gear and stil have no troubles with anyone in pve gear. The difference is I can still destroy them with no problems which leads me to the you are bad argument.....see how that works so please for the love of God, get off the forum, go learn2play, and find something else to ***** about like how every spec out there is op to u.

I'm not having much a of a problem either, even though I noticed the gear dasparity between Raid gear and the raid gear is alot better than the pvp gear... I guess even though alot of these raiders have the advantage they just suck anyhow. See it takes skill to be as good as I am in this game, and still can out perform people with better stats due to bolster. I know my class. I could do the same thing in full recruit gear before this expansion went live. Fix the ******** where pve gear is better than pvp gear, that is all the real pvp community wants. And taking off gear should not be giving me more HP.. and it does in lvl 55 warzones, why the hell can't it go back to the way it was where you went in with the gear you had and that is the stats you get. Makes it alot harder to gear up your toon when you have no idea how the outcome will be after it is bolstered.. Which sometimes bolsters your gear down.

Edited by DarkPharohEclip

have you pvp'd at 55? bolster is still messed up. ppl in pve greens still have better stats than ppl in various stages of pvp gear. that's not working as intended. devs have already stated that. they just suck at fixing it.

Its time to just scrap this bolster thing at 55 pre 55 its fine @55 you should just get recuit 2.0 admit you got it wrong and just give free sets of this gear and if pver's dont take it then let them get owned.

The stats should be somewhere in the region of 5% lower base stats of partisan and the same amount of Expertise as partisan that way new 55's are not going to get blown away and pve gear wont be better for pvp.

I appreciate the effort bioware to make it as even as possiable but its not working its time to do away with it admit you got it wrong and move on

It boggles my mind that Bioware doesn't stop beating their dead horse. Bolster will never work the way they want it to and people will always find a way to game the system to get more from it than is ever intended. They just need to make level 55 Recruit gear, set its stats ~5% lower than partisan, make it come with augment slots so people can throw in cheap augments to close the gear gap and call it a day. Remove bolster entirely from the 55 bracket.

It boggles my mind that Bioware doesn't stop beating their dead horse. Bolster will never work the way they want it to and people will always find a way to game the system to get more from it than is ever intended. They just need to make level 55 Recruit gear, set its stats ~5% lower than partisan, make it come with augment slots so people can throw in cheap augments to close the gear gap and call it a day. Remove bolster entirely from the 55 bracket.

Exactly.. this dev team does not know when to quit while they are ahead.. well they are way behind at this point, but that is irrelevant to the matter, they need to just scrap this **** bolster system that doesn't seem to work right for nothing.

This bolster's gotta be the idea of some important BW guy, as long as he keeps his job the bolster stays. Now we just can hope....

Sadly this is reality in Game Development.

They need to be removed from the project. The question is whether or not the studio heads will fix the problem after the TORTANIC sinks or while there is still time to patch her up to keep her afloat.

Edited by Yeochins

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.