Triumvirate set is not the same color as on site...?

Korbanth

Im checking out the Triumvirate set (KOTOR Sith Trooper armor), and it looks to be a sort of dull gray color, as opposed to the Shining Silver color as advertised... Wondering if this is going to need a fix or not...? I will NOT buy the set if it looks like it does now.

It may be different on your end for several reasons.

1) maybe you don't have the max settings on graphics, i'm thinking especially on shader complexity ?

2) what makes a texture reflect and look shiny is akin to an environmental map, that is a special texture that changes depending on the setting around you. So for example the fleet has its own map, and most probably each planet has its own too. Maybe you tested in one that has a less reflective map than in their screenshot, or that has different colour ?

So I see the screenshot is taken on Makeb, you should go there and check if it looks the same.

Also if you're looking at it from the preview dress-room, do know that it always had weird lighting and sometimes buggy lighting.

3) and there are other reasons, maybe, but I don't know them all :jawa_smile: !

Edited by Shoogli

It may be different on your end for several reasons.

1) maybe you don't have the max settings on graphics, i'm thinking especially on shader complexity ?

2) what makes a texture reflect and look shiny is akin to an environmental map, that is a special texture that changes depending on the setting around you. So for example the fleet has its own map, and most probably each planet has its own too. Maybe you tested in one that has a less reflective map than in their screenshot, or that has different colour ?

So I see the screenshot is taken on Makeb, you should go there and check if it looks the same.

Also if you're looking at it from the preview dress-room, do know that it always had weird lighting and sometimes buggy lighting.

3) and there are other reasons, maybe, but I don't know them all :jawa_smile: !

Its No:2, theres so many variations.

Worth Noting:

I don't know if the preview window has any environment map at all. I've noticed in the past that highly reflective armor (as in, the mirror-reflective stuff that actually uses environment maps) doesn't show off well in the preview window. This wouldn't be shocking as it is essentially a black room.

Also: Unless they've fixed it, the preview window occasionally loads with bugged lighting that even removes the specular highlights on the shiny/plastic surfaces.

Either of these could make the armor appear as a dull grey. Of course, only the first is consistent. Whenever I've seen the second, closing and re-opening the preview window fixed it.

Its No:2, theres so many variations.

Yes I think it's either from a different planet, or worse, through the preview window, but the OP also should first check if it's not #1 as well he he... Am certain that if the shader complexity isn't set to "high" then there's going to be a "little" (cough) loss on the reflective parts !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.