Any suggestions on what armor to get?

SlayerNL

Hey there people.

For some time now, i've been playing as a Twi'lek on the Republic side. A female Twi'lek

Infact, i've been playing so much, i got it up to level 55.

Now the reason i made a topic about is because i need some suggestions.

You see, most of the armor look rather ugly on a Twi'lek. Especially the head item.

Luckily however, you can hide your head item. But aside from that, i thought to myself

"You know, maybe on the forums some people might have suggestions on what armor to get"

So, anyway, i do not want to walk around with all greenies anymore since i'm 55

but i don't want to walk around in gear like a green colored chest, blue colored pants, red colored gloves and then yellow colored shoes. either. I think you get the idea.

So i guess what i'm basically looking for is a full set. A full set that gives me the idea and/or feeling that i'm really playing as a Jedi Sage. 'coz that's what i am. So, not some Darth / Lord like looking armor. Something really "Jedi" looking This may be customizable gear and preferably not TOO expensive. (Like items such as the Revan head because those tend to cost over 1 million)

So... to put this in short:

Anyone got some advise on what armor to get?

Any (serious) suggestions will be greatly appreciated

you can always unify colours

I know there's also the ability to unify colors, but sometimes it still does'nt give me the feeling that it matches.

For example: Take the class that wear "Heavy" armor. Like a trooper or something. If u wear a heavy armor chest piece and use a different set of pants, sometimes it "can" give the feeling as if the pants (or any other item that u "Uniffy colors" with for that matter) are light armor even tho they are heavy too. I think you know what i mean.

Dire Eliminators Chest Piece. Jedi Robe, plus white armor (Trooper)! If you want to feel a bit armored up!

No idea if you're looking at possibly using CC items or not either.

Well, i do not have the money to get cartel coins at this moment. in a few weeks i will tho

So, it has to be something i can buy at either a vendor. from the GTN or getting it from a drop

Now i do know however, you can get adaptive (cartel market) gear) on the GTN too pretty often

Either way... 1 thing is for sure... i do not only want to have good stats but i prefer to "look" good too.

which is why i asked for some advise.

Edited by SlayerNL

So i guess what i'm basically looking for is a full set. A full set that gives me the idea and/or feeling that i'm really playing as a Jedi Sage. 'coz that's what i am.

It is pretty hard, especially for consulars, since most of their gear make u look like some sort of extravagant noblewoman. I think your best bet is the Cartel Market, there is one outfit there that looks pretty good and "jedi-y" enough.

And when the new pack comes you'll get Bastila's and Jolee Bindo's outfits, both of them are complete armor sets (without helmet) that looks like proper Old Republic jedi outfits. I don't know about helmets, Jedi doesn't usually wear helmets anyway so I've never bothered with them.

It is pretty sad that a player have to resort to buying from the cartel market to get a complete and proper looking Jedi outfit for a Jedi Consular though, it's very sad actually.

Dire Eliminators Chest Piece. Jedi Robe, plus white armor (Trooper)! If you want to feel a bit armored up!.

The Dire Eliminator chest piece is a Sith armor.

Edited by Wallner

And when the new pack comes you'll get Bastila's and Jolee Bindo's outfits, both of them are complete armor sets (without helmet) that looks like proper Old Republic jedi outfits.

I wonder what they will look like. If it is what you say it is, then i'm lookin' forward to it.

I don't know about helmets, Jedi doesn't usually wear helmets anyway so I've never bothered with them.

Good point. A Jedi tend to have some sort of hood over their head instead

It is pretty sad that a player have to resort to buying from the cartel market to get a complete and proper looking Jedi outfit for a Jedi Consular though, it's very sad actually.

Indeed

There aren't much complete outfits to buy that are not too expensive. let alone proper looking

Edited by SlayerNL

I wonder what they will look like. If it is what you say it is, then i'm lookin' forward to it.

You can see the new stuff coming here! Look for Bastila Shan's gear and Jolee Bindo's.

Good point. A Jedi tend to have some sort of hood over their head instead

Hehe, and since you're a twi'lek, that's not an option. I feel your pain :(

It's not got everything, but you can check out this site to see a lot of armor that you can mod however you want: http://tor-fashion.com/

There's a lot of jedi-esque (imo) stuff available as Flashpoint/Operations drops and from Planetary Commendations, too. And of course you already know anything under the Cartel stuff can be bought/sold on the auction house.

You can see the new stuff coming here! Look for Bastila Shan's gear and Jolee Bindo's.

From that link, i think the best looking set for a Twi'lek Jedi would be the "Matriarchal Armor Set"

What do you think?

On a side note: I also play on Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU), Wallner.

The names of the characters i have there, are those i have mentioned in my signature below here.

So, feel free to add me

Edited by SlayerNL

From that link, i think the best looking set for a Twi'lek Jedi would be the "Matriarchal Armor Set"

What do you think?

I think it's very pretty, but I don't think it looks very Jedi-ish. Imo Unusual Brocart, Traditional Brocart, Esseles Consular or Consular Expert look more authentic. Or from Cartel, Sanctified Caretaker. Dunno what happens to the hoods on Twileks, I assume they disappear.

Edited by Sarielle

I think it's very pretty, but I don't think it looks very Jedi-ish. Imo Unusual Brocart, Traditional Brocart, Esseles Consular or Consular Expert look more authentic. Or from Cartel, Sanctified Caretaker. Dunno what happens to the hoods on Twileks, I assume they disappear.

The Esseles one has only the chest that is customizable. The rest is blue and therefore won't be usefull at 55.

As for the rest... i do not know if any of the other ones u linked are fully customizable.

So out of those options, i'd be best to go for "Sanctified Caretaker" but for that, i need cartel coins. which is something i do not have. (or at least not at this moment). That is unless someone on the realm i have that Twi'lek on has cartel coins and is willing to trade it to me for regular / normal credits. And THAT Twi'lek is on Tomb of Freedon Nadd

What do you think?

On a side note: I also play on Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU), Wallner.

The names of the characters i have there, are those i have mentioned in my signature below here.

So, feel free to add me

I don't know, I prefer leather and brown cloth for Jedi's, hehe.. But a white robe should work too. And I think for twi'leks it looks best if you either pick a chest piece that has no hood, or one with the hood folded down, because the hooded robes doesn't look like they're designed to do when the hood disappears, like it does for twi'leks.

Ooh fellow tomber! Sure I'll add u!

And I think for twi'leks it looks best if you either pick a chest piece that has no hood, or one with the hood folded down, because the hooded robes doesn't look like they're designed to do when the hood disappears, like it does for twi'leks.

Good point.

There's a nice-looking moddable Light tunic you can buy for credits from the Specialty Goods vendor on Nar Shaddaa (and on Tatooine, too, I think). It's sleek and form-fitting, no hood or cape or weird stuff sticking out on it, tan with brown and gold trim. With Unify Color, it goes well with a wide variety of other pieces.

Edit: Here it is on my Sage. Keep in mind that she's body type 3, so don't worry; it won't make your character look like she could play tight end for the Philadelphia Eagles.

http://imgur.com/eiNZYGK

Edited by nateslice

There's a nice-looking moddable Light tunic you can buy for credits from the Specialty Goods vendor on Nar Shaddaa (and on Tatooine, too, I think). It's sleek and form-fitting, no hood or cape or weird stuff sticking out on it, tan with brown and gold trim. With Unify Color, it goes well with a wide variety of other pieces.

Edit: Here it is on my Sage. Keep in mind that she's body type 3, so don't worry; it won't make your character look like she could play tight end for the Philadelphia Eagles.

With all due respect nate. That's just a chest. i'm looking for a full set. ;)

Female Twi'lek you say??

Easy.

This

The Aspiring Knight's Vest, just the right amount of cloth to cover everything up just fine, while keeping up the exotic touch of female Twi'leks ^^

I have that Vest equipped on my Guardian since her reaching level 15 or so, and imo the awesome look totally makes up for the loss in armor (it is just medium armor).

[\edit:

Damn, just remembered that you're looking for light armor, since it's for a sage. Sry, but this is medium armor, but still, great look on a Twi'lek ;) ]

Or what Nateslice said:

[...]

I use this chest armor on my republic Zabrak-Heal, really nice armor, although I'm not sure whether there is a whole set. But I am quite sure that there is at least a leg armor and a head-piece for it.

I think, it's the "Rumination Vestment" (by the way, this looks incredible great on imp-female Twi'leks like my sorceress :D)

Edited by Tito_O

Or what Nateslice said:

I use this chest armor on my republic Zabrak-Heal, really nice armor, although I'm not sure whether there is a whole set. But I am quite sure that there is at least a leg armor and a head-piece for it.

I think, it's the "Rumination Vestment" (by the way, this looks incredible great on imp-female Twi'leks like my sorceress :D)

Nah... the one item Nate linked there's only the chest from that is customizable. the rest is blue.

I mean, yes there is a full set but only the chest is customizable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.