Toggle on/off Companion Presence buff

Vhaegrant

The thread title really says it all.

My first character to hit level 50 was a Human (+100 presence buff), and as each character I level hits chapter 3 (or there about some classes need to finish storyline to achieve max affection with companion) I max out the companions affection to unlock them (+50 presence buff per character). Currently I have 7 characters maxed out in this way for +350 presence buff. That's a grand total of +450 presence buff as soon as I get my first companion on a new character.

However, now that the first run of class playthroughs is nearing completion it has left me feeling a little jaded at the prospect of levelling other characters through the early planets with a companion that far outshines them.

For some players I understand they see the storyline and levelling as something to be endured so they can hit level cap as soon as possible but I enjoy taking my time and get more satisfaction from playing through the planets with a variety of characters than I do from the gear grind at endgame.

It would be nice to have the option to apply this presence buff as and when I wanted to the characters I want without having to resort to a playthrough of characters on different servers.

Edited by Vhaegrant

This makes me ask the quest, why ?

I thought I'd written my reasons clearly enough

... a grand total of +450 presence buff ...

... levelling other characters through the early planets with a companion that far outshines them.

... I enjoy taking my time and get more satisfaction from playing through the planets ...

... have the option to apply this presence buff...

are the highlights and main reasons.

Secondary to this is that it is an enforced buff that you have no choice over. It is not a piece of gear you can chose to wear or not, it is not even like the legacy class buffs that you can chose to have active or not. It is there all of the time.

Now, if you want to blast through the early content it is a great bonus to have. However, the only way I can get to play a character as close to the first character I had is to make up a character on a different server where I don't have a legacy. Not something I would want to do.

I thought I'd written my reasons clearly enough

... a grand total of +450 presence buff ...

... levelling other characters through the early planets with a companion that far outshines them.

... I enjoy taking my time and get more satisfaction from playing through the planets ...

... have the option to apply this presence buff...

are the highlights and main reasons.

Secondary to this is that it is an enforced buff that you have no choice over. It is not a piece of gear you can chose to wear or not, it is not even like the legacy class buffs that you can chose to have active or not. It is there all of the time.

Now, if you want to blast through the early content it is a great bonus to have. However, the only way I can get to play a character as close to the first character I had is to make up a character on a different server where I don't have a legacy. Not something I would want to do.

No i mean why would you want todo that in the 1st place as in they help you so much, there are ways and means around it by using lower lvl gear on them to bring there effectivness down which would mean the development team could do something else.

It just seems an odd request to me when there are ways and means around the presence buff itself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.