Datacrons, Weapon DMG, and more!

ncnash

As the title states, I am wondering about a few things Operative related, Lethality/Concealment in particular.

Question 1: Besides Cunning, which datacrons are worth obtaining? From a min/max outlook, I am curious if Aim and Strength effect any of our damaging abilities in the slightest.

Question 2: How do our attacks work in relation to weapon damage? Are attacks like Cull, Weakening Shot, etc. based off the Blaster Rifles stats and are attacks like Shiv and Backstab based off the Vibroknifes stats?

That's all I can remember to ask, the "more" part was something but it seems to have got lost somewhere in my mind ;)

Thanks in advance!

As the title states, I am wondering about a few things Operative related, Lethality/Concealment in particular.

Question 1: Besides Cunning, which datacrons are worth obtaining? From a min/max outlook, I am curious if Aim and Strength effect any of our damaging abilities in the slightest.!

As an operative, the great majority of your attacks are Tech, a few are Ranged.

Cunning is good for Tech and Ranged attacks. Aim is good for Ranged attacks. Endurance is good, as living longer is always nice. Strength is useless, Willpower is useless. Presence boosts companions, so is PvE only.

Question 2: How do our attacks work in relation to weapon damage? Are attacks like Cull, Weakening Shot, etc. based off the Blaster Rifles stats and are attacks like Shiv and Backstab based off the Vibroknifes stats?

That's all I can remember to ask, the "more" part was something but it seems to have got lost somewhere in my mind ;)

Thanks in advance!

Tech attacks ignore weapon damage stats in their calculation.

Ranged attacks use Max and Min weapon damage in their calculation.

Rule of thumb if you don't know whether an attack is Tech or Ranged: yellow damage = Tech, white damage = Ranged. There are also Force (yellow) and Melee (white) damage types, but no operative abilities do those.

Only your main hand is used in damage calculation, your vibroknife is just a stat stick (true dual-wielding classes are different. Ops aren't dual-wielders).

Edited by Wainamoinen

Have you ever tried removing the barrel on a shotgun or vibroknife and put in a lesser quality barrel for testing? Your damage is lowered because of it. The second statement isn't entirely accurate about it just adding to your stats and not damage.

Have you ever tried removing the barrel on a shotgun or vibroknife and put in a lesser quality barrel for testing? Your damage is lowered because of it. The second statement isn't entirely accurate about it just adding to your stats and not damage.

/facepalm

Barrels affect the techpower stat on the weapon.

Your damage is lowered because your techpower stat is lowered, not because of the weapon damage itself.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.