Call of Duty SWTOR

Timmypoo

The most important point to understand is this: You are not going to please 100% of the population.

SWTOR is an MMO. As an MMO, the object of the game is to get better gear. This is true of all MMOs. If there isn't a gear grind, then why play? It is true in pve and it is true in pvp.

Bolster is a great concept. Realistically, it would be better if we just had our gear and went out and competed, but SWTOR has a severe lack of population making that scenario unworkable. If we divided pvp into brackets of say every 5 levels, one would never be able to get any Q's at all in the 30-50 range due to the very low amount of players at those levels. This is why bolster came about, to allow lower level/geared players to compete with higher level/geared players therby lowering the Q times. Unfortunately, it seems that scaling the gear/stats to the same level doesn't take into account that a level 47 player has more skills and talents than a lvel 23 player.

Bolster now is garbage. It is the general consensis. When a level 52 healer can heal for 700k in a WZ, something is screwed up. Most of us know it (those who don't need to get their head out of the bong and come back to sobriety), and it has caused a large percentage of pvpers to quit Qing all together.

Here is my take. If you want pvp to be completely equal, then let us quit acting like this is an MMO and make this Call of Duty Star Wars. Gear means nothing, you balance the classes and make it total skill and we do away with pugs vs premades. you either Q by your self, or with 7 other guys. Of course, this destroys the concept of gear grinding. No gear grinding = no reason to keep playing the other parts of the game.

If you don't want Call of Duty Star Wars, then lets get the gear in place. If you are whining because you just hit 55 and have no gear and you get curb stomped, well, then you will just get curb stomped. If you choose, you can pvp in lower brackets and max out your comms so when you hit 55, you can get some gear. THEN, you start playing and improving your gear. Make expertise the end all be all stat only available on pvp gear. Make pvp gear unmodable and you will remove the min max issue. No min max of pvp gear. If you bring your pve gear, you will get curb stomped.

Finally remember my first point. You cannot make 100% of the population happy. So don't make the population happy, just make pvp work. Right now, it doesn't. Have a nice day.

Leveling isn't time spent?

It's pvp, the carrot on the stick is nice. But gear gaps are terrible.

If PVE is truly best in slot for some classes with the new bolster thats a problem. But it would be best if they removed gear all together and gave us a few templates of stats to pick from......

If PVE is truly best in slot for some classes with the new bolster thats a problem. ..

I wouldnt say that it's better but it's on par in may ways. They are specifically fixing this in the next patch by lowering the amount of expertise on lvl 55 end-game PvE gear to make sure that the expertise gap isnt mitigated by the extra stats.

Bolster now is garbage. It is the general consensis. When a level 52 healer can heal for 700k in a WZ, something is screwed up. Most of us know it (those who don't need to get their head out of the bong and come back to sobriety), and it has caused a large percentage of pvpers to quit Qing all together.

^^^^^This.

We already sit in long Qs and it will get even worse if they fail to fix bolster tomorrow. There used to be tons of people queueing WZs on my server but lately I see the same faces in every match I play.

I know there's a lot people like me who love to pvp but we also like to get rewarded for running the same 5 WZs every day. Take gear progression away and many of us will just quit playing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.