A video guide to Combat Medic

Skylarc

Hello all my fellow Commandos out there. To those of us who haven't jumped into Combat medic since 2.0 or would like to see how it is played today, I have started chronicalling my play on twitch for people to view. The link is in my signature. I was a multi-season gladiator in WoW as a paladin, and CM is a lot the same play style. If you have any questions about spec, strategy or positioning I would be happy to answer.

DISCLAIMER: I consider myself a good player, but when i get bored I have a nasty habit of giving up good positioning, being stubborn about abilities on CD, and face tanking. Take what you will from the video as you care to.

Nice videos, thank you for sharing.

I'm a bit of a noob CM and would like to know your spec and the priority you stack your stats (to which level do you push crit and alacrity, e.g?). The playstyle I saw in the videos is quite similar to mine so I'm very interestend in how you're specced.

Thanks,

Rymila

Just did rateds yesterday testing our abilities with a sage healer on my team against two scoundrel healers. My initial reactions are this:

1) have a good tank. Not just to peel for you when taking damage, but to give the vital few seconds of time needed to keep others up. People can get melted by a good focus switch and one stun will make the difference.

2) positioning isn't AS important as sages. Notice the 'as'. The difference is that I can face tank if necessary to reach the teammate in need. A sage will only be able to do this while sacrificing his best weapon, LoS. Don't do it unless necessary, but it can be done.

3) HPS will always be lower than a good sorc/op. Just the way it is. The bright side is my total healing is on par with any class.

4) I thought ammo would be an issue without the 4-piece set-bonus. That wasn't the case. Only once was I forced to Jesus Beam to replenish.

Nice videos, thank you for sharing.

I'm a bit of a noob CM and would like to know your spec and the priority you stack your stats (to which level do you push crit and alacrity, e.g?). The playstyle I saw in the videos is quite similar to mine so I'm very interestend in how you're specced.

Thanks,

Rymila

I'll be honest I haven't even started to swap mods/enhancements yet. I'm just running the basic gear with augs. What I know for certain, just like every class, is do not take crit when you can avoid it. Diminishing returns start at like 6% and no class wants it.

I will post a video of my spec as I am at work right now. It's pretty basic and there is only one real change from a PvE healing spec.

Cheers.