Cathar Update?

ArdiasWulfric

Please... stop with the Cathar posts. Only weirdo Furries want this abomination of a race. Last thing the rest of us need in this game is more freaks coming on to us normal people in the cantinas going full out with the inevitable /purr emotes.

There is no place for freaks within the Imperial ranks. Just waiting to see one of them "eyes for ears, mouth on its forehead" in the Imperial uniform >.>

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I have to say -- I'd honestly be surprised if we got another Cartel Market Rep.

Why? The sheer number of people who cried over it the first time. THAT was quite a bit different, as well -- it wasn't even a way to purchase something as big as an entire race. The entire focus of the current CM Rep was to award people with crappy crappy luck.

I somehow think MORE people would spend a set amount of $ on it (say, $10 to unlock). I'm sure a handful of people would chase after another Rep unlock -- but idk if they think it's worth the anger of so many customers.

Yea if they for real put it as a reputation thing instead of just in the cartel market (LIKE IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE!) then a lot of people are gonna be pissed. Now if they put it as BOTH so that people could grind out the reputation if they didn't want to spend money to unlock it, but still put it in the cartel market so those of us who don't want to spend forever grinding rep and don't mind spending money can unlock the race then that would be fine. But there is no way in this world I am grinding rep to unlock a race that isn't even that cool. I mean yes I want to play a Cathar but only because I'm so bored with the other races. And because Bioware had stated before that if Cathar does well then they will add more races - and that's what everyone wants. More races. Most of us don't really want Cathar per-say, but we want races like Togruta, Wookies, Rodians, etc. And don't !@#$ about clipping issues with races like the Toruta because we have the Twi'leks and they are no different really in terms of the potential issues with armor and headgear. They need to hurry up and put Cathar in so they can put OTHER races in.

I have to say -- I'd honestly be surprised if we got another Cartel Market Rep.

Why? The sheer number of people who cried over it the first time. THAT was quite a bit different, as well -- it wasn't even a way to purchase something as big as an entire race. The entire focus of the current CM Rep was to award people with crappy crappy luck.

I somehow think MORE people would spend a set amount of $ on it (say, $10 to unlock). I'm sure a handful of people would chase after another Rep unlock -- but idk if they think it's worth the anger of so many customers.

Uhm... No, no... You don't make rewards for people who bad luck that are worth $200+ of cartel packs, majority of them will not reach anyway. People who got the champion and legendary rep are either rich crafters or pps who have too much money so they spend it to get their crown. Yes. Crown. No one gets highest rep in the cartel reputation unless he's specifically aiming for it. So no, it can't be an award for people with bad luck.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

They have always said that cathar are gonna be in market. Its specifically aimed at interest, if enough folks buy cathar, they will see creating new races as a profitable venture, if not, they move on. I wouldn't count sources, even DarthHater, as solid until its mentioned on SWTOR website first. Unless its from BW, its just hearsay.

Please tell me you guys are aware datamined info is in no way final, absolute, or even correct in some cases?

I would have thought we learned our lesson from the Data mining of 1.2...

Anyways I don't think we will see another cartel rep. They originally said there will be more but they got such a **** storm that I wouldn't expect it. At least not this soon anyway.

Edit: I can spell >.<

Edited by ninjonxb

Cathar as a CM rep grind? I guess BW doesn't want to add more species then. IF, and it's a big if, they did it this way most people would not even bother. I know I wouldn't. The whole reputation system is stupid and a waste. There is no way in hell I would grind out re to unlock Cathar, and I have wanted a Cathar Sage from the start. Of course, being datamined, I trust this info like i trust out government to tell us the truth.

Indeed, BW, please, allow us to unlock & play the Cathar specie without the need of farming reputation, seriously, reputation is a pain in the ***, especially when you need to WAIT weeks to reach the Champion/hero ranks...

Cartel sale please, allow it to be unlockable the same way as the other species, and same price too.

Indeed, BW, please, allow us to unlock & play the Cathar specie without the need of farming reputation, seriously, reputation is a pain in the ***, especially when you need to WAIT weeks to reach the Champion/hero ranks...

Cartel sale please, allow it to be unlockable the same way as the other species, and same price too.

If if it's gonna be a cartel rep reward, I think theyll put it as a low rank reward like newcomer or friend. Hero @ most.

Or it is a way to earn the Cathar? You have the possibility to buy with straight away with Cartel-money or use the rep-version.

Don't explode in advance, we don't know anything yet, speculation for everyone.

Edited by SilentKitty

Or it is a way to earn the Cathar? You have the possibility to buy with straight away with Cartel-money or use the rep-version.

Don't explode in advance, we don't know anything yet, speculation for everyone.

Shhh, I have my torch greased and my fork grinded already, let them taste some action !

• 2 weeks later...
People I just don't understand why we need more speicies in this game there are already enough

You revived this thread just to troll it?

The only reason you'd post that is to upset people since people obviously want new species. Nice try though, well not really since it wasn't very good, thought out, or needed.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.