Will we be getting Varl or Lehon/Rakata Prime?

Anysao

I remember reading about these while ago, and I got very excited. My excitement was once again invoked when I finished makeb. Seeing how great a new planet was, it made me wonder: when will we be getting the next one? Seeing these two have already been datamined (accurate or not) its something to look forward to!

Id love to see it, whether it's a new massive planet, a new storyline-only planet, or just a daily area like section X, it's something I would look forward to!

Pretty sure Varl was changed to Makeb, in terms of new planet/daily zone. So I wouldn't expect that. Rakata Prime would be awesome, but again with Makeb just come out I doubt we'll be seeing a new planet with quests for a good long time (unfortunately)

I wouldn't be surprised if Varl was kind of "merged" into Makeb, however, that does leave out a fair amount of story content about some Hutts allying with the Dread Masters.

And to comment on the other person's post, Lehon is supposed to be the final struggle against the dread masters, but what I read was that the dread masters final operation, known as: The Dread Masters, will take place on a space station. Lehon would be an area to accompany the operation's storyline. (Similar to section X and TFB)

isn't varl completely uninhabitable? i thought the hutts left varl and moved the entire species to hutta?

Yes I believe it was rendered completely uninhabitable by a supernova thousands of years before the events of this game, according to Hutt legend they alone somehow survived, thus most Hutts believe they are superior to everyone else.

Well, before the Hutts went off to Hutta, they lived on Varl for a little while, using oxygen domes. Eventually they moved to Nal Hutta, but I guess they could rebuild the oxygen domes.

So if a group of hutts go rogue and join the dread masters, a dark, ruined world sacred to the Hutts would be a perfect place for the Dread Masters.

Fun fact: Because the Hutts survived the disaster on Varl, it's what made the Hutts feel like they were superior to the rest of the galaxy, and thus became the greedy slobs they are now.

per the lore object and codex entry Varl completely uninhabitable but if you goto wookiepedia it says there are biodomes set up there. So someone is there. Incoming Bio-suits or EVO suits that we get to fly around while on planet? that would be pretty cool:P

Where from ? This is interesting!

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leak-1.4

They've datamined a lot, which seems to be correct so far, if not a little late. They were my original source of HK-51 knowledge before he was out.

They even datamined scum and villainy, which was supposed to come with Varl, apparently.

And according to the order of datamined info, Varl is the next update. And hopefully the new flashpoint too.

And to who mentioned the Hutt space rep with cathar rewards... Maybe that's rep for Varl? The pet would be a model Hutt Cruiser, and Cathar would be a great reward!

I believe that Varl has been converted into Makeb. The concept of Makeb might have been leftovers of what could actually be Varl. Just look at it - settlements located high in the skies, above the clouds and no way to see the surface. Varl was destroyed by a cataclysm so maybe they originally planned to have players travel high above its surface between the mesas, as those were the "living zone" on the planet with a ravaged surface? It doesn't really sound right - that's why it got turned into Makeb.

I believe that Varl has been converted into Makeb. The concept of Makeb might have been leftovers of what could actually be Varl. Just look at it - settlements located high in the skies, above the clouds and no way to see the surface. Varl was destroyed by a cataclysm so maybe they originally planned to have players travel high above its surface between the mesas, as those were the "living zone" on the planet with a ravaged surface? It doesn't really sound right - that's why it got turned into Makeb.

It's very possible, but Varl had it's own story to it: about a few Hutts working with the Dread Masters. Makeb's story is about the Hutt cartel as a whole. After the republic storyline, the hutts ally with the republic. Not all Hutts like this. Maybe the hutts who did not like this decided to relocate to Varl and join the Dread Masters. In other words, maybe Varl will be Makeb's sequel?

And of course, if they did scrap it, there is always Lehon! :D

It's very possible, but Varl had it's own story to it: about a few Hutts working with the Dread Masters. Makeb's story is about the Hutt cartel as a whole. After the republic storyline, the hutts ally with the republic. Not all Hutts like this. Maybe the hutts who did not like this decided to relocate to Varl and join the Dread Masters. In other words, maybe Varl will be Makeb's sequel?

And of course, if they did scrap it, there is always Lehon! :D

Ya wanna put it in spoiler tag ;D

And Lehon is definitelly an Operation.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leak-1.5

According to this, The Dread Masters take places on a different planet.

Darvannis, Denova - they were planets but we only got to visit them through an operation.

Oh , wait. how could I not see the "dailies" on top! ****

Oricon... lol, what is that? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oricon

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Darvannis, Denova - they were planets but we only got to visit them through an operation.

Oh , wait. how could I not see the "dailies" on top! ****

Oricon... lol, what is that? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oricon

Oh don't be such a buzzkill. Everyone else is excited for Varl and Lehon! And all end-game planets have dailies! makeb, Corellia, Ilum, voss (weeklies), and belsavis! Who's to stop Varl?

Come on BioWare, give us Varl! :D

Both could be part of the same 2nd expansion, seeing how both include Dread Masters. Sure would hope so, I'm tired of Dream Masters already and wish that arc could be done in 1 expansion instead of dragging through 2

Lets predict here...

2.0 brought makeb and SWTOR 2: ROTHC with Scum and Villainy operation.

2.1 will bring Varl and Cathar race.

2.2 will bring Titans of Industry flashpoint for level 55 players, and nightmare Scum and Villainy and TFB.

2.3 will bring Lehon and possibly The Imperial Warlord flashpoint.

2.4 will bring The Dread Masters operation.

Of course, I could be wrong on ALL of this. But, hey, a guy can hope!

• 3 weeks later...
I don't see any reason to believe we're going to see Varl any time soon. Not everything that turned up in those old leaks has ended up being completely accurate. I think Varl was simply replaced by Makeb and Darvannis.

I don't see any reason to believe we're going to see Varl any time soon. Not everything that turned up in those old leaks has ended up being completely accurate. I think Varl was simply replaced by Makeb and Darvannis.

Have you finished Scum and Villainy and Makeb? The storyline could very possibly be extended to Varl.

Have you finished Scum and Villainy and Makeb? The storyline could very possibly be extended to Varl.

I have finished them both. There is no mention of Varl in either of them.

That doesn't mean we won't ever go there, I just wouldn't make the assumption that we will go there based off an old datamined leak.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.