Belated goodbye

Namedsc

Hey everyone,

As some of you may have noticed, I have been absent for however many weeks now due to much unpleasantness of real life. I regret that my leave went unannounced, it was certainly not intended. It was due to the way many small events unfolded that kept altering my priorities list, and so in the chaos, one week became two weeks became a month until it reached a point where I resigned to the situation and let it go.

I'm signing in today to make an apology for disappearing - because I do care about you all - and because I ought to make a formal “farewell”.

For the conceivable future, it is not feasible that I continue playing SWTOR, due to what a (wonderful) time-sink it is. Though I can report, with caution, that my situation IRL seems to be improving, I must consider that I do have a tendency toward obsession when it comes to games that I love; this one being no exception. Thus, though playing for an hour or two every other evening is becoming an option, such an option is not merely an unappealing one but rather, probably, an impossible one. I must avoid the temptation until I can confirm that I am on the trail which leads out of these woods.

Some of you will understand this better than others, depending on your own attitudes toward gaming (or toward leisure in general). Know that it's not as dramatic as may be tempting to read into all the above vagueness.

I felt compelled to come back to make this awkward statement because, far more than missing the mindless pleasure of grinding for gear, I will miss the community. There are so many interesting characters amongst you; I was about ready to form a list honouring you person by person, but I would inevitably make regrettable omissions on account of my fallible human memory. So it all seems a bit redundant and a little impersonal to even attempt such a cursory list. Know that I was always genuine, so for all those with whom I spent time, I will miss our unique interactions.

If any of you do see fit to comment on this thread, I can make more personal responses to you then :)

It has been an absolute pleasure, my friends. If I don't come back to this game at a later stage, I may be found in another! In any event, if the gods are good, our paths will cross again.

-Celo

I didn't know you half as well as I would've liked, and liked that half of you half as well as you deserved.

You will be missed, sir. Hope to see you sometime in the future, whether it be here or elsewhere.

You'll be sorely missed Celo, you always were a credit to the team. You've always had and always will have my respect both as a player and as a person (yes, even when you were constantly focusing me on your Pyro Merc... Focus was it? in lowbies :p ) and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours!

Oh, Aspect... it was Golden and Celo hitting the pre-50, back when I was still new to PvP. Those were some damn fine huttball matches. It was those experiences that got me addicted to PvP in the first place! I wished we had spent more time together, sir!

Thanks again, Zass. You do me too much honour! We have like minds, I believe; I always felt comfortable talking with you, my friend. I will be certain to stay in touch.

Steel! I know, I know... I still remember the last thorough scolding you gave me. It was always a challenge to drop you in combat, and bittersweet haha. A necessary evil, one made so difficult by you being so loveable ;-;

Soon to be the best healer on a new server, I expect?

Jhellsing, we were never monogamous; I know you were getting shot in the back by others! >.>

Shiro, i've always admired your playstyle; deadly come hell or high latency. No one could deny me my Shoot First in duels as often as you could. But as difficult as it was being pitted against you, it just seemed to cause too much upset when we were on the same side ;)

I trust that you will remain sneaky, deadly and... perfectly grammatical.

(Yes, it was Focus. I don't think he even broke 50!)

Selianne, odd that you should post immediately after the OTHER killer shadow. I don't believe we ever exchanged bad words; it was always a pleasure to see you, especially when we were on the same team, so I wouldn't have to be looking over my shoulder... >.>

Selianne, odd that you should post immediately after the OTHER killer shadow. I don't believe we ever exchanged bad words; it was always a pleasure to see you, especially when we were on the same team, so I wouldn't have to be looking over my shoulder... >.>

Hehe, thats how I feel too man :D

Don't know how many times, I've had to say "**** Celo's here, put two on the door AT ALL TIMES!!11!!"

I was wondering where you went when we started to become good friends :(

Anyways,

I haven't been playing myself. Moved back to America to the east coast and ping is so unbearable I think I've played a total of 5 hours in the past month more.

I don't even know if ill be coming back when merge happens due to real life crap also re-taking my life over again. i won't be coming back until the merge happens either, except to occasionally drop in and say hi and complain about lag(bout to do that now actually)

Anywhos, you were da best scoundrel and I enjoyed our time together. Hit me up sometime :)

Goodbye Celo! It was great knowing you as a player and person. I dont know how you did it, but even when you started out in recruit gear, unlike many others who started with WH, you were simply devastating on the warzone. As you progressed and became on par with the others gear wise, there was no stopping you.

I will miss you! Take care, good luck on your future endeavours and I hope our paths cross again! :)

Edited by Nashed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.