Katha Niar - Thank you.

KyaniteD

My favorite NPC in the expansion so far. I love the voice, the story and the character. At first I wasn't sure what to make of her, I couldn't "read" her at all, often tried several dialogue options to "get" her, but I think in the end it all made sense.

At first I had hoped she would be one of the new flirt options, but as the story dragged on I understood that it would not fit her character. I simply looked forward to talking to her again.

I played the story line *as* my no-nonsense darkside Marauder,

I punished many failures with death over the course of time, but I so wanted to save her. Being denied that just adds to a lingering bittersweet feeling.

So thank you for that.

Edited by KyaniteD

• 1 year later...
My favorite NPC in the expansion so far. I love the voice, the story and the character. At first I wasn't sure what to make of her, I couldn't "read" her at all, often tried several dialogue options to "get" her, but I think in the end it all made sense.

At first I had hoped she would be one of the new flirt options, but as the story dragged on I understood that it would not fit her character. I simply looked forward to talking to her again.

I played the story line *as* my no-nonsense darkside Marauder,

I punished many failures with death over the course of time, but I so wanted to save her. Being denied that just adds to a lingering bittersweet feeling.

So thank you for that.

Katha Niar sucks, IMO, on EVERY level. She is an incompetent, moronic, genocidal, hypocritical liar. Why did you like her? She literally had NOTHING to offer. I play an honorable lightside Juggernaut, and even I was desperatley hoping that I could torture or at least kill her at the end of the Hutt Cartel story arc. I would rather have a crew of Corso Riggs, Jar-Jar Binks, 2 ewoks and Mike Stokalsa than interact with that failure of a character ONCE.

Katha Niar sucks, IMO, on EVERY level. She is an incompetent, moronic, genocidal, hypocritical liar. Why did you like her? She literally had NOTHING to offer. I play an honorable lightside Juggernaut, and even I was desperatley hoping that I could torture or at least kill her at the end of the Hutt Cartel story arc. I would rather have a crew of Corso Riggs, Jar-Jar Binks, 2 ewoks and Mike Stokalsa than interact with that failure of a character ONCE.

Come on, you've already made a thread about how much you hate this character, why go necro this one! Of all the hated characters (that are purposely designed to be hated) you're picking this one? Madness. Does she look like an ex of yours or something lol

Edited by AelixVII

So you admit her character evoked emotion from you. BW 1 , Redhoodrider 0

Oh and if you think Jar Jar is better then you really need to get your head checked, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Come on, you've already made a thread about how much you hate this character, why go necro this one! Of all the hated characters (that are purposely designed to be hated) you're picking this one? Madness. Does she look like an ex of yours or something lol

Lawl yeah, I've posted a little too much about her admittedly, and I do apologize. I just was really dissapointed and insulted by the character, and needed to vent...A lot. Won't post any more threads about her.

So you admit her character evoked emotion from you. BW 1 , Redhoodrider 0

Oh and if you think Jar Jar is better then you really need to get your head checked, but hey, that's just my opinion.

They both suck, but at least Jar Jar added something to the series (A good explanation for how the Supreme Chancellor gained power)

Agreed, Tara Strong is AWESOME...Except her performance as Harley Quinn, that sucks...But everything else she does is PURE GOLD.

I wouldn't say she sucked at it per se but I grew up listening to the character being voiced by Arleen Sorkin, including in Arkham Asylum.

Regardless, at least she tried to have her own footing while voicing the character; Troy Baker on the other hand, when voicing the Joker on Origins felt disappointing to me, as if someone was yelling at him every 10s...

FRAKIN' SOUND AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE LIKE MARK HAMILL.

I wouldn't say she sucked at it per se but I grew up listening to the character being voiced by Arleen Sorkin, including in Arkham Asylum.

Regardless, at least she tried to have her own footing while voicing the character; Troy Baker on the other hand, when voicing the Joker on Origins felt disappointing to me, as if someone was yelling at him every 10s...

FRAKIN' SOUND AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE LIKE MARK HAMILL.

I still think that John DiMaggio was the best voice actor to play The Joker, but that's just my own personal opinion. To each their own. HUGE Harley Quinn fan, and Arleen Sorkin will FOREVER be the GREATEST HARLEY EVER.

Tara Strong rules. Go away.

I never said anything about the voice actor. I love her Risha, and her voice acting on Holiday is great. But that character is vacuous, despite being almost a super-computer. I just think the character is a bit of a stereotype of a fashion-obsessed girly girl.