Will we ever get more armor variety?

SkywardDescent

I haven't played any other classes yet, but it really seems like we Bounty Hunters got totally shafted in terms of armor choices.

As it stands, all of our gear makes us look like some sort of mandalorian wannabe. I'm not sure about you guys, but I really don't want to look like a mando. I wanted to be unique looking, not like some Boba Fett cosplayer.

But no, if you wanna be a BH, all of your armor is going to look like this

So will we ever see some variety? will the art team ever show some creativity? We're supposed to be the toughest mercs from across the galaxy, you can certainly do better than some knock-off mando crap.

Well keep in mind during this time period, the mandalorians were in vast numbers and were viewed the "elite of the elite". So it doesn't surprise me that we see vast amounts of mando style armor. I would argue though that some of the recent end-game sets don't look very mando to me. Especially the 2.0 end-game sets which either make you look like a cylon toaster or a burn victim. The war hero gear doesn't even look mandalorian at all.

Personally I'd rather see more detail added to the armor sets, the pvp champion and battlemaster sets had claws, pelts, and skin attached to them. I enjoy the concept of being a trophy hunter. Now personally I like mando styled armor, but I use various pieces of armor to have a unique look.

With all that being said, I agree that not all bounty hunters were mandalorian, but I think they in general tried to replicate them.

To add on to that the above post says, you should also not who the class is based off of, Boba and Jango Fett. That and most the class gear is kind of some guys from the lore.

Bounty Hunter - Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Mandalorian Neo-crusaders

Trooper - Clones, Stormtroopers

Smuggler - Han Solo, Cad Bane (cowboy look)

Warriors - Vader, Malgus, Malak, some Revan

Knights - Obi-wan and Anakin

Although, I must admit, inquisitor, consulor, and agent gear has enough variety in them that it is difficult to pin an the exact source (might be due to ignorance of expanded universe). Inquisitor gear doesn't look that much like palpatine, or there would be a lot more plain black robes floating around. Similarly with brown robes for consulors. Agent gear, although there are sets that give you the Imperial officer look like Grand Moff Tarkin, there are many sets that look like they are plate like armor, or spandex.

I don't get why you wouldn't want to look like a Mandalorian, unless you denied Mandalore's offer for you to become a Mandalorian. In that case, even then there are plenty of gears that BHs can get that don't look Mandalorian; in other words, any pre-35 gear.

This, for example, is very Dengar-reminiscent.

This isn't Mandalorian.

And this is made to look lighter; more cloth and less armor.

So there you go: gather gear before you get to Act 2 and then just rip out the mods from the Mandalorian-style gear, or give the Mandalorian gear to Torian (since he is Mandalorian, after all).

But no, if you wanna be a BH, all of your armor is going to look like this

So will we ever see some variety? will the art team ever show some creativity? We're supposed to be the toughest mercs from across the galaxy, you can certainly do better than some knock-off mando crap.

Oh really?

I bet to differ. There are plenty of other armour sets out there.

Maby you just arent looking hard enough?

not to mention the fact that you could use heavy armour meant for sith warriors if you just swap out the mods. Or medium or even light armour for that matter, if you play as a healer or dps where the armour isnt all that important.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Well keep in mind during this time period, the mandalorians were in vast numbers and were viewed the "elite of the elite". So it doesn't surprise me that we see vast amounts of mando style armor. I would argue though that some of the recent end-game sets don't look very mando to me. Especially the 2.0 end-game sets which either make you look like a cylon toaster or a burn victim. The war hero gear doesn't even look mandalorian at all.

Personally I'd rather see more detail added to the armor sets, the pvp champion and battlemaster sets had claws, pelts, and skin attached to them. I enjoy the concept of being a trophy hunter. Now personally I like mando styled armor, but I use various pieces of armor to have a unique look.

With all that being said, I agree that not all bounty hunters were mandalorian, but I think they in general tried to replicate them.

Funny since that set is actually based on the prototype version of boba fetts outfit.. so if anything, it would be proto-mandalorian :p

Oh really?

I bet to differ. There are plenty of other armour sets out there.

Maby you just arent looking hard enough?

not to mention the fact that you could use heavy armour meant for sith warriors if you just swap out the mods. Or medium or even light armour for that matter, if you play as a healer or dps where the armour isnt all that important.

Most of those were listed already, and the rest were from Vendors, he said not gear from vendors. Secondly, battle master isn't in game anymore. And I'm pretty sure the old pvp armor isn't either, the lvl 20 and 40 stuff.

And if you think armor doesn't matter..that's ridiculous. No matter what you play, armor matters. You take less damage. A mindset like that hinders any group.

Edited by Sardonyyx

Most of those were listed already, and the rest were from Vendors, he said not gear from vendors. Secondly, battle master isn't in game anymore. And I'm pretty sure the old pvp armor isn't either, the lvl 20 and 40 stuff.

And if you think armor doesn't matter..that's ridiculous. No matter what you play, armor matters. You take less damage. A mindset like that hinders any group.

He never said "no vendors". Stop making things up.

And thats beside the point anyway. He said that all of our armor sets make us look like mandalorians and thats plain wrong.

As for armour mattering, if im a healer i shouldnt be hit anyway, so armour isnt AS important as it would be fore a tank or a dps. And replacing a chestpiece or a pair of leggings for mediumor even light armour isnt going to make you a liability to the group if you are playing a healer.

But i dont care what you think anyway, because my post was directed at the OP and his delusion that all bounty hunters in the game will look like mandalorians. Its plainly obvious that he just isnt looking very hard for alternatives.

My current bounty hunter mercenary has a long coat, knee high armoured boots with engravings on them, and a pair of thin armour pants that doesnt have those big blocks tacked on to them.

Obviously my bounty hunder doesnt look like a mandalorian, thus disproving his argument anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.