*** Official PvE DPS Leaderboard ***

KeyboardNinja

Yours is definitely viable, think you proved that by being on top of the boards. ;)

I usually show newer players my rotation because as you see, (apart from actually figuring out the static rotation) it doesn't really require any critical thinking. It is 100% static, to the point that even pugnacity and disappearing act don't throw it off. Thanks for verifying that it is at least viable, even though seemingly counter-intuitive.

Sure thing, I actually really enjoy the burst from Stim Boost and Cloak (the second one). If anything this should at least give your rotation a little more merit than it had. I'll probably be experimenting with it once I get BiS.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't come to the expert now could we :p

Ill have a look at it, but morgan did make a couple of good points. I would disagree with delaying a rail shot for a rocket punch though.

ive been experimenting with this concept of delaying RS for RP. So long as your dont Delay the proc you aren't technically delaying RS, this makes the rotation a little more conditional and difficult but by all means it should do more damage

ive been experimenting with this concept of delaying RS for RP. So long as your dont Delay the proc you aren't technically delaying RS, this makes the rotation a little more conditional and difficult but by all means it should do more damage

Yeah my major issue is when you delay a rail shot for a rocket punch, it typically means you have RNG on that next proc cooldown. For some reason, the 100% proc rate has the following conditions in order:

1. Rail Shot has to have been used

2. An ability that can cause the proc has been used, but failed (Rocket Punch or Flame Burst)

3. An ability that can cause the proc has been used after the 6 second lockout (Rocket Punch or Flame Burst)

So if you can hax up a 100% proc rate, by all means delay rail shot for a rocket punch/stockstrike. However, cutting down the RNG for an extra set of cooldowns every 90 seconds is worth 1 less rocket punch, so long as you keep the 100% DoT uptime.

Yeah my major issue is when you delay a rail shot for a rocket punch, it typically means you have RNG on that next proc cooldown. For some reason, the 100% proc rate has the following conditions in order:

1. Rail Shot has to have been used

2. An ability that can cause the proc has been used, but failed (Rocket Punch or Flame Burst)

3. An ability that can cause the proc has been used after the 6 second lockout (Rocket Punch or Flame Burst)

So if you can hax up a 100% proc rate, by all means delay rail shot for a rocket punch/stockstrike. However, cutting down the RNG for an extra set of cooldowns every 90 seconds is worth 1 less rocket punch, so long as you keep the 100% DoT uptime.

i thought that the vanguard proc chances didnt sum together like commandos do? i thought that was a mando only thing. i thought the proc chances were just the flat xx% and yy% for the two proccign abilities

i had already considered this potential but had tossed it aside because i thought assault vanguard procs did not react the same as assault commando procs. if its true that the percentages stack like for a mando then delaying railshot for stockstrike is only going to be possible like 2 times in a whole parse while still maintaining a fairly high proc chance

Edited by haksilence

i thought that the vanguard proc chances didnt sum together like commandos do? i thought that was a mando only thing. i thought the proc chances were just the flat xx% and yy% for the two proccign abilities

i had already considered this potential but had tossed it aside because i thought assault vanguard procs did not react the same as assault commando procs. if its true that the percentages stack like for a mando then delaying railshot for stockstrike is only going to be possible like 2 times in a whole parse while still maintaining a fairly high proc chance

Yeah its every 90 seconds. I still prefer to delay the stockstrike/rocket punch because im already paranoid over the other 2 instances of possible failure and having 3 has screwed me over so many times.

My personal best was done by delaying HiB for SS though, but it also had some pretty insane crit rates for the gear so there was that.

Edited by TACeMossie

Since it seems there are a lot of vanguard enthusiasts here now... I was wondering if it looks like I'm on the right track for my gear level.

Don't have time to make an AMR so here's the character screen.

Parse

Seem to have issues where my assault plastique is falling off cd as I need to proc my HiB. So i've been delaying assault plastique by 1 gcd to proc the HiB.

Since it seems there are a lot of vanguard enthusiasts here now... I was wondering if it looks like I'm on the right track for my gear level.

Don't have time to make an AMR so here's the character screen.

Parse

Seem to have issues where my assault plastique is falling off cd as I need to proc my HiB. So i've been delaying assault plastique by 1 gcd to proc the HiB.

Dont worry, thats what you're supposed to do.

As a priority list (though the priority depends on the GCD), An Ionic Accelerator proc will ALWAYS take top priority. Using a cooldown to ensure it procs doesn't necessarily do so though.

Your numbers for ability uses are pretty much perfect though - the exact right amount of Assault Plastiques and almost the exact amount of incendiary rounds, with a little less uses of Stockstrike/High Impact Bolt that is to be expected when you consider possible RNG failures.

The thing that really threw you off with that parse though is how the first stockstrike didn't proc Ionic Accelerator. I find that is the WORST thing that can happen when trying to pull good numbers -_-

But yeah, that rotation from the previous page, make sure AP only replaces GCD 2 or 4 in the blocks (there was a point where AP had to delay a stockstrike... in the first 18 second block -_-), and ALWAYS have IR and AP Refreshed within 2 cooldowns of it falling off.

Anyway if thats your average, based off your gear you can probably squeeze about 50 more DPS out of it by tightening your rotation, Just get an attack adrenal and maybe a stim if you haven't gone one on (couldn't see, the stat sheet was in the way :p). Lucky crits should be able to get that to about 3.9k dps

Edited by TACeMossie

Anyway, so we stop clogging up the Ebon Hawk's DPS Leaderboards thread with a "How to play Assault Vanguards/Pyrotech Powertechs" thread, I suggest we move anything PT/VG related into the PT/VG sections :p

Lets start with Assault/Pyro going here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=739477

And Tactics/Advanced Prototype going here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=743913

Massive thread derailment over!

I just am posting here to share my pain... Something terrible has happened today....

Me

Pretty sure this was going to be a 4k parse on the 1.5 mill dummy...

Until my chances were ended by 0% crit on shoot first....

Bolded and underlined for your reading pleasure.

Cool story bro. Tell it again. :D

......Lol no, that's rough man >_< I feel for ya.

3977 - Alish - Madness (2/8/36)

Agghghghgh madness sucks. Things got a little screwy towards the end of the parse. I messed up the timing on Wrath four times, resulting in a couple hard cast Lightning Strikes. The whole thing was carried by the crit rate though. If I hadn't screwed up, it almost certainly would have broken 4k.

WTB Rosalyn's gear. I have a 186 off hand and one Dread Master implant, but the rest is just optimized 180s. 109.77% force accuracy.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

3977 - Alish - Madness (2/8/36)

Agghghghgh madness sucks. Things got a little screwy towards the end of the parse. I messed up the timing on Wrath four times, resulting in a couple hard cast Lightning Strikes. The whole thing was carried by the crit rate though. If I hadn't screwed up, it almost certainly would have broken 4k.

WTB Rosalyn's gear. I have a 186 off hand and one Dread Master implant, but the rest is just optimized 180s. 109.77% force accuracy.

Not taking it sorry, ur combat log is too long.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!! Remember? :p

Did pretty okay, wasn't enough to beat my best though ^.^

http://www.torparse.com/a/740631/2/0/Overview

Tam I have a parse question: occasionally when my rotation is in the flow of things I don't notice when the dummy dies until after it actually dies, for example I que up dispatch right when a DoT kills the dummy, and it adds an extra 5 or so second fight at the end. Does that disqualify my parse since my record parse is no longer at the end of a log?

Curious.

Did pretty okay, wasn't enough to beat my best though ^.^

http://www.torparse.com/a/740631/2/0/Overview

Tam I have a parse question: occasionally when my rotation is in the flow of things I don't notice when the dummy dies until after it actually dies, for example I que up dispatch right when a DoT kills the dummy, and it adds an extra 5 or so second fight at the end. Does that disqualify my parse since my record parse is no longer at the end of a log?

Curious.

NOOB!!! :p Tam's rules: the extra couple second fight following ur actual dummy parse does not count/matter.

All the same, ur disqualified for asking :p.

That case is alright, and is specifically permitted by the rules. A lot of people do that.

Just a heads up for everyone… I'm very very very busy with RL work this week and next. (like, I have to get about two man-week's worth of work done by myself before Friday night) Sigh… I wanted to get an update for the OP in this week, but it's not happening. I'll shoot for next week.

Sorry for the long delay!