What is the point of the Digital Upgrade?

jthavok

What's the point in that, What do you get besides the extra stuff like the holo dancer. I don't wanna spend the 4.99 for something stupid? Just wondering, please don't flame

While the digital upgrade has a bunch of junk in it (in my opinion), it does come with an adaptive speeder. That means that, unless you want to buy other speeders, you just saved yourself 20K plus in creds for every character you ever make on your account. It isn't a single pack for one character, but is available for every single one you make. I bought it when I first started as FTP as my buy-in to Preferred status, and the purchase also gave me 500 cartel coins. So, I paid the same as a direct CC purchase, but also received a speeder for all my characters.

I think it was a pretty decent deal from that perspective.

What's the point in that, What do you get besides the extra stuff like the holo dancer. I don't wanna spend the 4.99 for something stupid? Just wondering, please don't flame

ADAPTIVE SPEEDER for every character on our account that you do not have to buy in game. The rest of the items are pretty useless....though some pet collectors like the robovac you get.

It's a nice speeder design (IMO) and it used to be more valuable (before the market was flooded with low cost adaptive speeders from Cartel Boxes).

Edited by Andryah

Oh, and a word of caution for those who buy it after they have more than one character (especially if some of the characters aren't used very often)....

Make a point to log into each of your characters and visit a mail terminal to collect your items! I made another character shortly after subscribing, but didn't use it at all (as in, didn't even do the initial class mission conversation) for a couple of months afterward. When I did start using him, the digital upgrade pack only had the junk items in it (eg., no speeder or VIP lounge pass). So, I had to buy a speeder for him. Sadly, I had wasted 40K to unlock the Speeder 1 ability at level 10, but then didn't have the credits to get a speeder to even use that ability. Ironically, I was able to get the speeder at... wait for it..... level 15!

/facepalm

Lesson learned, there. Levels 10 - 14 go by so quick that they certainly aren't worth 40K for an early speeder. Not to me, anyway.

ADAPTIVE SPEEDER for every character on our account that you do not have to buy in game. The rest of the items are pretty useless....though some pet collectors like the robovac you get.

It's a nice speeder design (IMO) and it used to be more valuable (before the market was flooded with low cost adaptive speeders from Cartel Boxes).

You can get yourself an adaptive speeder for 1k on gtn.

You can get yourself an adaptive speeder for 1k on gtn.

Be fair when you state that... On rare occasion.. perhaps. But it will be one of the ugly ones (which frankly usually sell for 5K+. If you want any style at all... you will want at least a STAP or a Rendili or a Longspur Elite and those are going to cost your 20K+ in most cases. Will someone dump one on the market for 1K? maybe... if you want to wait around and camp the GTN for days until it happens.

The STAP in the DDE is nice... and costs no credits. Personally, I use the Refer A Friend speeder for my base speeder.. and the OP could go that route as well.

That might vary by server. For a while on Pot5 I could find speeders around 7k on the GTN with an occasional low of 5k, but lately they have been running 15-20k. I check the GTN for fluffy stuff a lot and have never seen one below 5k.

I believe the digital upgrade also gives access to the vendor that has the Imperial Dancers outfit and some companion skins.

4.99 is all it costs now? Nice. The speeder for all toons is handy. Also the flare gun for signalling your PUG minions to attack.

VIP areas are typically empty if you need solitude and no lag to do mail or pet the holodancer. Or drop pennies on the peasants below. :rak_07:

That might vary by server. For a while on Pot5 I could find speeders around 7k on the GTN with an occasional low of 5k, but lately they have been running 15-20k. I check the GTN for fluffy stuff a lot and have never seen one below 5k.

I believe the digital upgrade also gives access to the vendor that has the Imperial Dancers outfit and some companion skins.

That's the security key vendor. Which also has the cheap fleet passes. :t_biggrin:

Back on topic, the DDE has value in the speeder and the cartel coins. None of the other items are actually useful, though the holodancer is fun if you're sitting around waiting to do something.

-edit- that is, if you still get CC coins for owning the DDE.

Edited by AlienEyeTX

That's the security key vendor. Which also has the cheap fleet passes. :t_biggrin:

Back on topic, the DDE has value in the speeder and the cartel coins. None of the other items are actually useful, though the holodancer is fun if you're sitting around waiting to do something.

-edit- that is, if you still get CC coins for owning the DDE.

Oops!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.