Removing Mods from a Purple?

saido

One of my purple-off hand generators allows me to 'mod' that is remove the purple items from it, whereas crafted purples don't appear to (so far in my testing). Is it only 'looted' that can do this? Or is there another 'force' at work? Cheers for any light-shed?

there are two types of purple: artifact and legendary, one of them is moddable the other one isn't

Um, no, legendary is violet and represents another quality. The only legendary items I've seen were the barrels in the bowcasters from the Grand Acquisition Race. They have the prefix "Mastercraft" where the artifact quality barrels have the prefix "Advanced".

To OP: Both the modifiable and the non-modifiable purples are of artifact quality, but only non-modifiable ones can be crafted. Artifact quality offhands with mods cannot be crafted. They are either world drops or bought with commendations.

Orange/custom offhands are also world drops or bought with (planetary) commendations. I'm not sure if there are (new) schematics for orange/custom quality offhands, but they If there were, the item stats would purely result from the mods in the shell. The quality/color of the shell would make no difference at all.

Edited by KyaniteD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.