Use Lev 55 gear and lose set bonus? Help!

KostonxEld

I have the 4 piece set bonus now from campaign armorings 61 set. I have looted a few of the black market( 69)pieces now and ripped the mod and enhancement out to put in my gear.

I want to use the Armorings from these new pieces, but I love the set bonus for pve healer sages.

Question is do you think losing the 50force from the 4pc set bonus is worth the substantially higher armor/endurance/willpower I gain from the 69 armorings? And also what about losing even the 2pc bonus. I think this bonus is a must have. The 1.5 sec reduction to the cd on healing trance is too good to pass up for higher stats

Swap out one of the armors and see if you miss the 50 force. I ran a few 55 FPs and switched back because I was missing the extra force. With better gear it might be less of an issue.

The 1.5 sec cooldown seems essential to me. I wouldn't give it up for a little more willpower.

I actually took the switch completely and I am waaaaay buffer than I was with that "uber" set I used to have. But then again, doing the math I'm up something like 60 WP and 50-something END from what I was running with when I had the set. Frankly? I don't think a minor buff on anything is worth that kind of drop to go back but, everyone's different. Edited by Dallayna

I just dont see 50 force as minor at all. 1 more benev, 2 more hots, or a trance can make or break a fight sometimes. I hate the fact we can't get an improved Armoring with set bonus from comms or hm fp now. Not bis but even a lower tier, just something above 61 or 63.

Maybe but, you're jumping up to +58 END per armor and that racks up quick. Trust me. I was getting my butt handed to me with the Tionese set but since I've switched over to the new mods- nothing else different, I'm leveling again. And, this is proving to be the case for all of my 50's. This tells me that the Tionese just doesn't cut it anymore.

He's upgrading from Campaign, which is very different from Tionese. From Tionese it probably makes sense, but the Willpower change from a Campaign armor to a Basic armor is 6 per piece. 24 WP is fairly negligible and is probably around a 1% change. The difference from Campaign to Black Market is 13 WP per piece, for a total of 52. Should be an increase of less than 2%. Will 52 WP help? Sure, but I doubt it will make or break you. I think I would rather have the set bonuses. Edited by Tomxander

IMO, the extra 50 force points is nice in an emergency, but honestly at least in a situation running ops, if I'm down to the last 70 or 50 force points of my pool I'm in big trouble anyways but I'd say try to do without the 50 extra FP and focus on tightening up force managment, noble sacrifice more aggresively.

However, I'd experiment with the 2 piece set bonus, as 1.5 seconds less for healing trance is pretty nice, esp with how useful the stacks from it critting can be for maintaining your force. Currently I'm rolling with no set bonus until I get another piece of arkanian something, although I'll likely experiment with some of my old campaign armorings during ops this week, as I'm thinking a tradeoff of 18 WP or so is not too burdensome on my healing output. It'd be nice if the rakata set bonuses stacked with the verpine set bonus though, that's for sure.

No one seemed to answer this correctly...

In the short term only use the mods/enhancements etc. However.... once you have about 3 or 4 armorings go ahead and make the switch out. 69 and up only of course. (not worth doing it on 66). That will give you a substantial increase in stats, mitigation against the harder hitting mods/bosses, and bigger heals = less force needed. Especially now with the 3 stacks you can force mend much easier.

I have a sage, sorc, and shadow at 55, most are now in 72 gear, but this is what I did initially and now i'm getting the drops with set bonuses to get it back piece by piece. This has worked best for me, and my ops.

Thanks,

No one seemed to answer this correctly...

In the short term only use the mods/enhancements etc. However.... once you have about 3 or 4 armorings go ahead and make the switch out. 69 and up only of course. (not worth doing it on 66). That will give you a substantial increase in stats, mitigation against the harder hitting mods/bosses, and bigger heals = less force needed. Especially now with the 3 stacks you can force mend much easier.

I have a sage, sorc, and shadow at 55, most are now in 72 gear, but this is what I did initially and now i'm getting the drops with set bonuses to get it back piece by piece. This has worked best for me, and my ops.

Thanks,

3 level 55's in item level 72 gear........already! Your name is appropriate, I'm envious.

On another note, you have way too much time on your hands. You need to find a girl friend mate.

I ended up dropping the 4pc bonus, giving up the 50 force wasn't as bad as I thought. And I now have 1 pc arakanian but holding onto my 2pc set bonus from campaign till I get 1 more arakanian piece. Then I'll be able to completely drop campaign.

I'm surprised this is still not common knowledge : in PvE, forget about 4p bonus, what you want is double 2p bonus! Keep 2 Campaign/Dreadguard armorings, get 2 Arkanian/Underworld armorings and profit from a 6s cd Innervate (Healing Transe for Reps?). Edited by Anthraxal

• 4 weeks later...

Anthraxal is correct, as usual.

2 Pc campaign/dreadguard and 2 Pc arkanian is the way to go. The six sec healing trance procs tons of resplendence. Anyone who keeps a full 4 Pc bonus for 50 force, doesn't know how to manage force or use reeplendence to the

ir advantage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.