Please Bring back Mercenary 1.7 cast times.

PerinnAybara

Dear Austen P.,

When you changed alacrity, all classes benefited from it. However it also decreased the advantage Commando medic/Bodyguard Mercenaries' got with their cast heals. Considering we need to be able to beat other people's cd's when they pushback our heals, (to avoid being hit once then stunned) please make our cast times similar to what they were in the previous patch.

I noticed how you gave Prototype Advanced Cylinder a 3% alacrity buff, which helps Arsenal/Gunnery resource management better as well as makes them more competitive. What I'm asking is something similar.

Please either give us a talent, or make it so Support Cylinder increases our casted alacrity by 5% to compensate for the reductions to Casted Alacrity time abilities, as well as the reduction casts benefit from Alacrity. It is a huge quality of life change in PVP for an combat medic mercenary who has to constantly get off a heal while being interrupted. I am not however asking to benefit from the increased resource regen more alacrity would give.

Which means, between the 6 second interrupt of a marauder, we need to be able to get off other heals without being hit (pushbacked) and then immediately stunned.

It would not affect our healing output in pve, because we are as always, still limited by heat. In fact in PVE for people who have trouble managing heat, they might have more trouble. But in PVP, it would increase our effectiveness.

Sincerely,

Mathrim Cauthon

Edited by PerinnAybara

Dear Austen P.,

When you changed alacrity, all classes benefited from it. However it also decreased the advantage Commando medic/Bodyguard Mercenaries' got with their cast heals. Considering we need to be able to beat other people's cd's when they pushback our heals, (to avoid being hit once then stunned) please make our cast times similar to what they were in the previous patch.

I noticed how you gave Prototype Advanced Cylinder a 3% alacrity buff, which helps Arsenal/Gunnery resource management better as well as makes them more competitive. What I'm asking is something similar.

Please either give us a talent, or make it so Support Cylinder increases our casted alacrity by 5% to compensate for the reductions to Casted Alacrity time abilities, as well as the reduction casts benefit from Alacrity. It is a huge quality of life change in PVP for an combat medic mercenary who has to constantly get off a heal while being interrupted. I am not however asking to benefit from the increased resource regen more alacrity would give.

Which means, between the 6 second interrupt of a marauder, we need to be able to get off other heals without being hit (pushbacked) and then immediately stunned.

It would not affect our healing output in pve, because we are as always, still limited by heat. In fact in PVE for people who have trouble managing heat, they might have more trouble. But in PVP, it would increase our effectiveness.

Sincerely,

Mathrim Cauthon

This^ please, great post.:)

I doubt you'll get this. It's not practical or (perhaps) desirable.

Consider the case of balance between ranged DPS (particularly snipers, due to cover) and non-stealth melee classes. RDPS benefit from reduced TTK and everyone having more burst, because melee classes can be readily killed before the melee are in a position to apply their own burst damage. Conversely, melee classes benefit from increasing TTK because they will spend a longer period of the fight in melee range of the RDPS.

You're not going to see the range of knockbacks increased, or decreased, to compensate.

It's impossible to fiddle with every single sub-system in the game to keep incremental advantages and disadvantage that Y class may have in X circumstance frozen in place when they engage in massive re-balancing patches. For example, my 30% buff to surge on AOEs in the Sniper Engineering tree was a much bigger deal when my crit chance was 40%; it is now 25%.

Edited by stringcat

Yeah I'm told this for every single buff I've asked for a mercenary change.

Know how I got them to fix Tracer missile to do one shot one buff?

I spammed shatter shot, and tracer missile comparison.

Know what they did? They buffed tracer missile... and shatter shot.

They made shatter shot uncleansable.

So I'm going to keep bringing issues that should be obvious to the attention of the one guy who is balancing this stuff. Since obviously he's overwhelmed, and could use some reminders of what the Mercenary Class was originally designed for.

That's true, but there are still so many different interrupts + stun that it still stands. Hell two snipers can interrupt every 6 seconds if they rotated, and mez me if I actually was getting a cast off.

I used to run high alacrity, would it really break mercs if we still had 1.7 second cast for rapid scan, and 1.3 on healing scan? (would actually hit 1.6, and 1.2)

the 6 second interrupt of a marauder,

That's only with watchman sentinels/annihilation marauders, which are even worse in 2.0 than they were before. You won't be seeing many of those in warzones.

with 2 rupting leaps + normal rupt you are around 6 sec aswell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.