Crit and Troop Skills or all RNG?

meaghs

Heya, probably a noob question... I would like to confirm my understanding of how the combat mechanics work.. I have read that the skills / combat are based off of an RNG system.. Are there any skills that are tied into crit or is it all based on random chance / Rolls? Is there anything you can do to affect this the chance of a skill opening up?

For instance, when skill's say something like 'Ion Pulse has a 45% chance and Stockstrike has a 60% chance to finish the cooldown on HiB and make the next HiB free...' that is all RNG and crit has no influence over this? Is there any benefit (aside from increased damage potential) to stacking any crit?

thanks - M.

For instance, when skill's say something like 'Ion Pulse has a 45% chance and Stockstrike has a 60% chance to finish the cooldown on HiB and make the next HiB free...' that is all RNG and crit has no influence over this?

That's correct.

Yeah I run gunnery so usually go with aim since I get the bonus to it from the tree which also gives a bit of crit. I have been trying to get my accuracy and alacrity up for raids also

As far as data and parses goes, the best numbers are still obtained with a modicum of crit rating. Around 200 300 though accurate numbers are not available as of yet. You can see the difference by yourself by doing 5 minute dummy parses with different equipment sets.

As far as data and parses goes, the best numbers are still obtained with a modicum of crit rating. Around 200 300 though accurate numbers are not available as of yet. You can see the difference by yourself by doing 5 minute dummy parses with different equipment sets.

Ya my crit is in that range, I am just augmenting for aim rather than power.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.