From a story perspective which equivalent class would be the victor in a conflict?

Laicamir

Greetings,

I am curious to inquire as to who other members of this forum believe would win battle between each equivalent class. Obviously in-game it would be a draw if the players were equally skilled so I mean from a story point of view.

My Opinions Are:

Agent Vs. Smuggler

I believe the agent would win, they seem to be more efficiently and highly trained.

Knight Vs. Warrior

This one is close but I think the knight could remain more focused and would prevail in the end.

Bounty Hunter Vs. Trooper

I feel the bounty hunter has the edge, they seem to have lots of gadget type things and such.

Inquisitor Vs. Consular

This is the one I would most like to hear peoples opinions on. I am quite undecided, perhaps the inquisitor has a slight edge because they seem more willing to use the full extent of the force.

Edited by Laicamir

Agent Vs Smuggler: Agent, easy. Smugglers have neat tricks, but so do Agents, better equipment and training to boot.

Trooper vs Bounty Hunter: Trooper. A Trooper's loadout is designed for straight up combat, as opposed to a Bounty Hunter's partial focus on chase-and-capture, and features military hardware at its finest, while Bounty Hunters don't have that kind of logistical support, and have to make do with what they can get.

Warrior vs Knight: Coin toss, they're really just mirrors of each other.

Inquisitor vs Consular: Maybe a slight edge to the inquisitor, but again it's another mirror match, and the more offensive focus story-wise a Inquisitor would have would be matched by the protective and healing focus that a Consular would have.

You make a good case for the Trooper, I think I have to agree with you there.

I can picture the Consular perhaps sacrifice themselves to defeat the Inquisitor or being able hold against them indefinitely but not destroy them.

I still feel that the knight has the edge in a very drawn out battle I feel they could use the rage of the Warrior to force them to over extend themselves or make a mistake.

Agent Vs. Smuggler

I believe the agent would win, they seem to be more efficiently and highly trained.

Well, from a story point of view, you've actually listed why the Smuggler would win. S/He's the perky underdog against the better trained and better prepared Agent of the Evil Empire.

I'd put in my position on the others, but it should really be clear from that.

Now if you're talking in universe capabilities taken to their logical (instead of dramatic) outcome. . .

I'd call Agent vs. Smuggler a draw. The Agent has the better training and better gear, but that training also leads to a level of boxed in thinking, as any training does. The Smuggler thinks outside the box and has experience with confounding and escaping just the kind of person the agent is. That said, the agent DOES still have the better gear, so it could really go either way.

Warrior vs Knight, gonna give to the Warrior. The dark side is power. The Jedi know it. The Sith know it. The Jedi only win against Sith when the Jedi is particularly good, gain some kind of tactical advantage, or they give in to their emotions (even if they are 'light' emotions), and draw on passion. Your every day Warrior just has a lot more juice going on than your everyday Jedi.

Trooper vs BH, gonna go with the BH. Trooper has a much more specific load out, and has less room to customize and upgrade his gear. The BH is able to use after market modifications, illegal weaponry, etc. etc. The Trooper's gear might be of a higher quality on average, but the BH's gear can do things the Trooper's just, legally, can not. The BH is also less likely to be scrupulous in their methods of combat. The Trooper's training is also going to focus on large scale group engagements, not the small one on one battles the BH is likely to be involved in (even against the trooper), and is likely to have less a focus on urban warfare.

Consular vs Inquisitor: Same as Warrior Vs Knight, really, except even more so, because now the Inquisitor isn't just getting more force juice from the dark side, they're also allowed to research into darker methods of gaining more power like Sith Alchemy and what not. The Consular's area of knowledge is, such, going to end up being both narrower, and shallower. Though the Jedi do share their knowledge a LITTLE more freely (but not much) than the Sith, so a young Consular vs young Inquisitor would be closer.

Edited by KryloKillian

Greetings,

I am curious to inquire as to who other members of this forum believe would win battle between each equivalent class. Obviously in-game it would be a draw if the players were equally skilled so I mean from a story point of view.

My Opinions Are:

Agent Vs. Smuggler

Knight Vs. Warrior

This one is close but I think the knight could remain more focused and would prevail in the end.

I feel the bounty hunter has the edge, they seem to have lots of gadget type things and such.

Inquisitor Vs. Consular

This is the one I would most like to hear peoples opinions on. I am quite undecided, perhaps the inquisitor has a slight edge because they seem more willing to use the full extent of the force.

1. Agent

2. I don't know

3. Trooper

4. I don't know*

*It's true that the Inquisitor borrowed power from dead ghosts, but he used that power as a tether to make himself really hard to kill. I don't see that power as making him stronger, just more resilient.

Of all them, the only one that seemed a gimme was #1 because Agent > Smuggler in terms of training and combat ability (story-wise).

Agent Vs. Smuggler

Knight Vs. Warrior

Inquisitor Vs. Consular

Agent Vs. Smuggler = Smuggler win. Why? Because Bowdaar, 100 year old Wookie > all other companions.

Knight Vs. Warrior = Assuming sentinel vs. Mara = Tie because they'd both mindless kill each other. Assuming Jugg vs. Guardian = Tie because the can't do enough dps to kill each other.

Bounty Hunter vs. Trooper = Bounty Hunter would win, they have more missiles and tricks...

Inquisitor Vs. Consular = Inquisitor win, Consular's are wimps, just look at their storyline.

Greetings,

My Opinions Are:

Agent Vs. Smuggler

Knight Vs. Warrior

Inquisitor Vs. Consular

Agent vs Smuggler

Agent wins. Agent has sick training and tools to do the job and the support from the Imperial Intelligence in general, whetever it was equipment to intel. While smuggler feels abit ''civilian who has just seen some stuff''. Agent just simply feels to have brutal training and discipline. Smugglers would use their dirty tactics (trying to level the playing field since they lack training) to fight against the Agent, but the Agent is trained to counter those tactics (counter-insurgency etc). I just don't see this battle ending too well for the smuggler, all odds are against him. Even with illegal weapon mods etc I don't think they can stand a chance.

Knight vs Warrior

Knight wins. Jedi keeps themselfs more calm while the rage warrior will eventually lose his cool and do a mistake that the Jedi will exploit. Though I can see if someone would vote for Warrior for his strength, but if the Jedi can counter it with equal strength / technique, then warrior will lose.

Bounty Hunter vs Trooper

Trooper wins. Trooper is ment on frontline battles with the latest heavy equipment to demolish heavy enemy targets and trooper has armor to withstand punishment, along with top of the line military training (Havoc).

Like someone mentioned that bounty hunter is more like ''chase & catch'' geared I'll have to agree to that. Frontal confrontation against Trooper would be fatal for him. Not to mention military training gives essential tactics to defeat a ''similiar geared'' enemy like a bounty hunter. This is kinda same with agent vs smuggler, superior training & field tested equipment doesn't match up with randomly gained expirienced and self made, not so reliable weapons. Trooper get's the training first, then get's deployed to use those tactics and maybe even improve them, while bounty hunter doesn't most likely have any specific training and has to figure out tactics as he goes.

Inquisitor Vs. Consular

No idea.

Agent vs Smuggler:

Smuggler wins, as the smuggler can do as she wants and is surviving without protection in a world that does not forgive failure. The agent however was pampered for years by an enormous aparatschnik and is required to obey orders of superiors.

Knight vs. Warrior:

Easily the knight. All the knight needs to do is mention something about some other sith trying to steal power from the warrior and the warrior will instantly forget about the knight and wreak havoc on their own side, getting themselve killed in the process (after removing a couple of other sithfools with him).

Trooper vs. Hunter:

The trooper will win, as the trooper does not need to fight alone. They got the whole army at their backs, while any other hunter would just watch and wait, while the hunter gets blasted by the superior republic firepower.

Consular vs. Inquisitor:

Same as knight vs warrior above.

The Empire would have a real chance to win the war against the republic... if only they could agree on a common goal for more than 20 minutes ;)

As it stands, the Sith are doomed to destroy their own progress over and over again, as most of them would rather risk a total defeat, before they would allow any other sith a chance at total victory.

Edited by JPryde

Agent vs Smuggler

deffo agent there, they both have skill obviously, but the agent has better training, precision, professionalism and does not rely on sheer luck (which seems to be the case, many times, for smuggler characters)

Sith Warrior vs Jedi Knight

really hard to tell, when we consider the fact that they have equal strength then I would say the sith warrior, purely because it has been stated many times that, when fighting a sith you not only fight the physical form of the sith, but also the dark side, therefore a jedi needs to concentrate not only on the fight with lighsabers, but also on his inner fight with the dark side

Trooper vs Bounty Hunter

similar to the Agent and Smuggler I would say Trooper but that depends on the status of the trooper or better said a rank, if they were both rookies, then I would say BH would win, because they play dirty, soldiers follow rules. If however the trooper were in a position of command, I think the trooper would win due to experience, availability of gadgets himself (higher ranking troopers surely have access to new tech) and due to being in command more personal freedom to do things "his way" as long as they get the end result. so it really depends on many circumstances but I would say that trooper in this instance

Consular vs Inquisitor

pretty much the same reasoning as with the jedi knight and sith warrior, a jedi, when facing a sith, needs to also resist the dark side, so he needs to fight on two fronts and therefore the focus is divided, a sith can just use his hate and dish out enormous power to defeat the jedi, sheer power wise its really 50% - 50% but due to the fact that jedi are good and sith are evil, therefore playing dirty tricks, I would say the Sith Inquisitor would win.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.