Merc Healer vs. OP healer in RWZ

Azygous

While High Velocity Gas Cylinder is active, you vent [4 / 8] heat every 6 seconds.

2 point talent, 4th Tier.

Healing Scan has a [33.34 / 66.68 / 100.02]% chance to reduce the heat cost of your next Rapid Scan by 8.

3 point Talent, 4th Tier.

Those skills are in different skilltrees and as a healer, a hybrid doesn't make sense

Why do you post that nonsense?

A merc heal relies on supercharged gas to deliver his burst heal and can't run around with the High Velocity Gas Cylinder active

If anything the gap between OP and BH healers in PvP has widened. Survivability of the OP healer is off the charts right now. A good OP healer is unkillable by any dps subclass 1v1. And most non-stealth dps classes will struggle to get the OP healer to sub-50% health.

While I agree that Operative healers are still more powerful in general, currently I don't have any problem staying alive in a 1v1 situation -- and that's against pesky melee DPS with their huge amount of interrupts and soft CC. The improvement to healing with 2.0 has meant that all healing classes have increased survivability and utility, and quite rightly can't be killed 1v1. But equally we can't kill the other guy either... :rolleyes:

While I agree that Operative healers are still more powerful in general, currently I don't have any problem staying alive in a 1v1 situation -- and that's against pesky melee DPS with their huge amount of interrupts and soft CC. The improvement to healing with 2.0 has meant that all healing classes have increased survivability and utility, and quite rightly can't be killed 1v1. But equally we can't kill the other guy either... :rolleyes:

What? Any good healer can kill a dps 1v1. It might take awhile, but it is assured. The real issue is this - if the top healers can output about 40% more than the top dps, then the pvp game which already is overly defensive, just became a lot worse. Maps like Voidstar, Novare and Alderaan are already broken. Nothing happens there when two good ranked teams meet. They just shoot at each other forever until something weird happens like a player disconnecting. When 60% of your warzone maps are broken in such a fashion, you'd think the personages responsible for the game would take note.