Admit it, we've all had a problem with this mission...

DarthWoad

I have been searching for at least 45 minutes getting this one. I found it!!! I will tell you where I found mine. The Archon's Beast Commander is the one who drops the item you need. There is one roaming by the big Rancor to the south of the map. I hope that helps.

*face

palm*

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been searching for at least 45 minutes getting this one. I found it!!! I will tell you where I found mine. The Archon's Beast Commander is the one who drops the item you need. There is one roaming by the big Rancor to the south of the map. I hope that helps.

yeah im sure your post 8 months later helped a ton.

First of all BACON!!! mmm

Secondly, the bonus code cylinder I found quite easy when reading the info it gave on what mobs drop it, the only problem I had through the whole of Makeb was the bonus you get fighting the Archon himself, that you have to grab some sort of doohickey from one of the droids to disable something or other Isotope thingy, I just give up and nuked the archon down instead everytime :-P

PS Niiiice necro :cool:

Edited by dacentabaal

As far as I can tell Bacon >> Chuck Norris in general chat these days. I hear Chuck is really pissed about it too. I'm not sure when it started...and I don't pay much attention to general chat.. but whenever I do..there is Bacon this and Bacon that in general chat.

Is this Bacon, as in Kevin Bacon, or Bacon as in crispy tasty bacon?

• 8 months later...
I used logic thinking to get it. The question popped up in guild chat before I was there and no one could answer it, so I was fearing for the worst.

Then I just killed some normal enemies, some strong ones and then looked for elite ones.

Got it on my first. I don't get why people are having such a hard time doing this quest. (and I didn't even read quest description. It's not different at all from other stages quests).

Because the only "Archon" elites I can find are rancors and the 3-pack of champs, and I can't solo the champs, and the rancors never f-in drop the thing.

Where are these mythical Archon elites?

EDIT: It may be necessary to continue through the Makeb planetary quest before the cylinder will drop. I got this off the first elite Hutt Drill Security Droid I came across, once I was on the stage Acquire P-20 Missiles. These same mobs would not drop the cylinder during earlier stages of A Cure for Armageddon.

Edited by Ansultares

• 10 months later...
The mission description tells which elites to kill. Learn to read.

Actually no it doesn't, all it says is to get the code from the Archon's Elite forces. It does not specify which ones to get it from, so maybe you are the one that needs to learn how to read. I've killed every elite and strong NPC in the area and it hasn't dropped.

Apparently you need to be on the phase of the main quest where you need to get the anti-air rockets from the Regulator forces before the code cylinder drops. I killed every mob on the plateau with no drops, so I just said "**** it" and continued the main quest. However after I secured the first laser drill site and advanced to the next stage of the quest I got a code cylinder off the first Strong mob I killed.

Why do people on the forums keep mentioning bacon? I've never seen anyone talk about bacon in the general chat. Or about Jawas, for that matter. (Unless I'm on Tatooine.) Is this a US server thing? (I play on the Red Eclipse.)

In the Rackghoul tunnels. Someone put in General chat they couldn't spot the bacon hanging from the roof. - ( meaning beacon)

OFC if you're ever in need of a bookmark, look no further than a nice piece of crispy bacon. You might need to be a bit subtle about it in the Bodleian Library though.

Edited by Storm-Cutter