Admit it, we've all had a problem with this mission...

DarthWoad

Alright! Finnaly i got the item. As one of you in this thread sayed something about killing strong ones (silver stars) for drop i actually tryed that out and got the drop on second strong. The mob i killed: Regulare Captain (strong mob, silver star). GL! :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can tell Bacon >> Chuck Norris in general chat these days. I hear Chuck is really pissed about it too. I'm not sure when it started...and I don't pay much attention to general chat.. but whenever I do..there is Bacon this and Bacon that in general chat.

Er isnt bacon from the english saying well you cant educate pork :D

Got it from the first mob I killed after I got that stage of the bonus mission.

I fail to see to see what the problem is, strong/elite in the target area are always what you need to kill for a one off drop.

I agree this quest is confusing by it's description. The first time I did it it, I ended up getting it by accident because I just started killing things. They're just on the strong mobs in the area where your map is marking it.

• 2 weeks later...
Why do people on the forums keep mentioning bacon? I've never seen anyone talk about bacon in the general chat. Or about Jawas, for that matter. (Unless I'm on Tatooine.) Is this a US server thing? (I play on the Red Eclipse.)

Lucky you....The Harbinger's general chat gets flooded with that nonsense. Typically, the lower the level of the planet, the worse it is though. Basically, 98.6% of the people out there have absolutely no creativity or imagination so they keep repeating the same inane joke for months on end until it's beyond beaten to death. Nothing says budding comedian like someone who makes the same joke for the 12,394th time. Why did things like planking and flash mobs catch on? Why did people make Call Me Maybe parody videos and post them on the internet? Sheep follow the herd...they have no idea why they are doing it....they just do it, lol.

[53] Stage 3 - Archon's Armageddon (Bonus)

Obtain an Archon Code Cylinder

50 times a day in general chat WHERE IS THIS WHAT DROPS IT. Bioware Y U NO make it more clear in the mission description?

I spent about 20 minutes trying to find the mob to kill for it.

Note: Do not take the title literally.

People really need to learn how to use the Internet:

http://bit.ly/17SjBoS

Lies! Bacon is the Supreme Chancellor and Sith Emperor at the same time! Nothing compares;)

Reject the Bacon side of the Force. Come back to the Pie.

Or, eat Bacon Pie!

Guaranteed to not only fill your belly, but your arteries as well! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, the text does NOT tell you exactly what to do.

It just says kill an Elite Archon....but there is no Elite Archon. Anywhere. I killed the Archon Rancor 5 times because that was the only Elite with Archon in its name. After coming on here I read that killing any Hutt Elite Droid counts, which the text does NOT SAY. It specifically says ARCHON, and Hutt is not Archon. This is why people are confused. The instructions are wrong.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Guys, In regards to mission dialog (in-game text for the missions), they aren't going to state that you have to take on a weak, Strong (silver star), or Elite (gold star) mob. When they refer to elite forces, they are referring to a squad or company that is far better trained and experienced than your normal soldier. So, you're looking for some of the forces (Weak, Normal, Strong, or Elite) what are related in some way to the Archon. This is why some of you are getting the quest items from Strong enemies.

Remember, the mission description dialog won't be Meta-information about the mission. It will all be in character, so to speak.

Guys, In regards to mission dialog (in-game text for the missions), they aren't going to state that you have to take on a weak, Strong (silver star), or Elite (gold star) mob. When they refer to elite forces, they are referring to a squad or company that is far better trained and experienced than your normal soldier. So, you're looking for some of the forces (Weak, Normal, Strong, or Elite) what are related in some way to the Archon. This is why some of you are getting the quest items from Strong enemies.

Remember, the mission description dialog won't be Meta-information about the mission. It will all be in character, so to speak.

While you are right, the fact that Elite is in the naming convention really can confuse the issue.

They would of been much better stating in the mission log to "Obtain them from Archon's forces in the area" and just leaving the elite out of it.

A lot of people including myself never had a problem because the mobs are so thick, that theres a high chance you will receive the item by just being in the area. :)

But it doesnt say Elite mob, it specifically says ANCHOR ELITE. And those don't exist.

[53] Stage 3 - Archon's Armageddon (Bonus)

Obtain an Archon Code Cylinder

50 times a day in general chat WHERE IS THIS WHAT DROPS IT. Bioware Y U NO make it more clear in the mission description?

I spent about 20 minutes trying to find the mob to kill for it.

Note: Do not take the title literally.

I'm pretty sure I did that mission only because I did all the Makeb missions. I'm equally sure I don't remember it specifically so it wasn't particularly challenging / difficult. *shrug*

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
I have been searching for at least 45 minutes getting this one. I found it!!! I will tell you where I found mine. The Archon's Beast Commander is the one who drops the item you need. There is one roaming by the big Rancor to the south of the map. I hope that helps.