MCR-99 Droid Locations post 2.0

Twolightsabers

but what is now correct? some got the pet when finished the achievement and some not. how poor is this?

Exactly, but then again this is the same CS we've had since launch, inconsistent and unhelpful.

Beginning to think it's just 2 people, one who knows the game and 1 other who just knows how to copy-paste.

Edited by MaliceX

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to find all droids with one character then you will get the pet!

Absolut not possible....this answer is 100% wrong.

You must go to

20 planets (yes 20, because you need some more than one time = IMP + REP). so maybe you need to complete the both H4 quests at the end (IMP + REP) <---- i am not sure about the last part.

There is also another flaw : since some droids are only accessible from one faction, how can you possibly find them all with one character??

The pet is for the achievement, which is LEGACY bound.

Does this mean you will only ever be able to get it on one character, or does every character in your legacy get the email?

Hi Iwipe!

We're aware that the completion mail currently doesn't have a pet item attached. It's not intended, and we're working on getting this fixed. In the meantime, players who got the completion email without the item can file an in-game Customer Support ticket to have the pet item granted.

~Amber

I finished both binocular and seeker droid heroic quest chains, located all the MCR droids (same as a lot of others) and when I filed a ticket I was told by the CSRs I had not completed all steps and they could not grant me the pet. Am I missing something?

Completed all the droid recon achievements and both faction macrobino quest lines (100% in achievements for macrobinoculars) and I still get no mail. Is the pet even for this achievement because a CSR also told me I had more to do to get it.

A response to me (completed the heroics and already got all the droids)

"If you keep on completing the missions surrounding this you will eventually get the pet"

Hmm there are no more Binoc/Droid quests available....

A friend figured out why alot of you didn't get the mail..

1. On any given planet, only use one character to scan all the droids. This is especially the case in Nar Shaddaa, Makeb, Tatooine, and Corellia. The achievement doesn’t care if you use multiple characters on a single planet to scan the droids but the pet does!
  2. For example in Nar Shadda, there are quite a few droids, some are in Republic or Empire only area etc. If your character is Imperial, you must get all the Empire area only droids and all the droids in faction shared areas (i.e. Upper Promenade, Upper Industrial Sector, Lower Industrial Sector).
  3. Do all the scanning on one character if possible. Exceptions are planets that are faction restricted (i.e. capital cities, Balmorra, Taris)
  4. Complete the Macrobinocular quest line (include the two heroics) on that character.

A friend figured out why alot of you didn't get the mail..

1. On any given planet, only use one character to scan all the droids. This is especially the case in Nar Shaddaa, Makeb, Tatooine, and Corellia. The achievement doesn’t care if you use multiple characters on a single planet to scan the droids but the pet does!
  2. For example in Nar Shadda, there are quite a few droids, some are in Republic or Empire only area etc. If your character is Imperial, you must get all the Empire area only droids and all the droids in faction shared areas (i.e. Upper Promenade, Upper Industrial Sector, Lower Industrial Sector).
  3. Do all the scanning on one character if possible. Exceptions are planets that are faction restricted (i.e. capital cities, Balmorra, Taris)
  4. Complete the Macrobinocular quest line (include the two heroics) on that character.

So I screwed myself by running the tram on my republic toon to get the the Imperial one?...

So I screwed myself by running the tram on my republic toon to get the the Imperial one?...

Well you didn't really screw it up. You now just need to scan the droid in Blasted Shipyard on that character. This also brought up another thing I forgot to mention. Make sure you scan the droids "designed" your faction. So scanning the droid intended for empire players on your republic toon probably won't work.

Well you didn't really screw it up. You now just need to scan the droid in Blasted Shipyard on that character. This also brought up another thing I forgot to mention. Make sure you scan the droids "designed" your faction. So scanning the droid intended for empire players on your republic toon probably won't work.

Will give it a try but I'm 99.9% certain I scanned EVERY droid on Corellia already, followed the guide from top to bottom.

Edit, Yup already scanned it .../sigh

Edited by MaliceX

Will give it a try but I'm 99.9% certain I scanned EVERY droid on Corellia already, followed the guide from top to bottom.

Edit, Yup already scanned it .../sigh

What about the ones on Nar Shaddaa? I added a couple more locations today once someone told me that Nar Shadda have droids on both Republic and Empiire only areas and can be done by characters from one faction.

What about the ones on Nar Shaddaa? I added a couple more locations today once someone told me that Nar Shadda have droids on both Republic and Empiire only areas and can be done by characters from one faction.

Corellia was the only Planet that I "cheated"...Didnt even level my Empire toon to 52 until I had done the droids on my Republic toon.

If this is all correct and there isn't some random quest that a few people miss along the way, who the Fk coded it so that it does not correspond to getting the achievement and completing the heroic?.....

Edited by MaliceX

Finally i got the mail too. Strange thing: I got the achievemet for Dromund Kaas but there was still 3 Droid that i hadn't found.

Now i'm fighting with the German Customer Support. Seems that here in Germany nobody hard about the issue of the mails without the MCR-100 droid attached. But that fits in the big picture of this game.....

• 2 weeks later...

We're aware that the completion mail currently doesn't have a pet item attached. It's not intended, and we're working on getting this fixed. In the meantime, players who got the completion email without the item can file an in-game Customer Support ticket to have the pet item granted.

~Amber

Thank you for contacting us to report this issue.

Your report has been forwarded to our development team, who will investigate further. Please be aware that when a ticket is escalated for such an investigation, it will no longer be visible to you through the in-game helpcenter.

Following patch 2.0 and the digital expansion Rise of the Hutt Cartel a lot of changes to the game were implemented. Your issue may have been mentioned in our patch notes, which can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

You can also find a list of currently known and acknowledged in-game issues on our official forums here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=403398

Please note that if you have received this reply, your issue will require a fix by our development team and that Customer Service is not able to assist you in this matter.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Long story short, I could not find anything to do with the bug in that location listed in the e-mail and didn't get my pet after contacting customer support. Still missing alot of achievements and codex entree's that I've done on 4 different Republic and Imperials that I will never get. It's just getting harder to play when you've sent in a few requests for minor game issues that have plagued the game since its release to the public. Don'y get me wrong tho, I've had some stuff taken care of in the past but there is no way for me to run another character to get the item now.

Edited by Zohkar

Completed the Shroud Revealed Achievement

Completed the Droids You're looking for Achievement

Got no mail and not pet. Contacted in game support and they told me that according to their system I have not completed 'The Shroud Droids' quest. I did not get a follow up quest and I have completed all the quests in the Macrobinocular quest line. So where am I supposed to get this quest? Or did my pet bug out?

• 4 weeks later...
Got the same response as some of you already about some mission called "The Shroud's Droids" which I have looked all over to find out where this comes from or how to complete it to no avail. I have no quests tied to the macrobinoculars and have scanned all faction appropriate droids with the character in question and have the full achievement. Begs me to question if they have even put in that mission into the game or if they have made it up to justify people not having the pet.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you get the mail but not pet it's a bug.

If you don't get a mail then that means you found some of the MCR-99 on an alt. It's been confirmed that you need to get them on the same character (you don't need Tython, Coruscant Rep Taris/Balmorra if you're Imperial and vice versa). So for those of us who didn't keep track of which character we used for a planet (I know I used my main for DK, Korriban, Illum, Makeb) we have to go and double-check:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• 3 months later...

No. Just find all the droids meant for your faction (and the cross-faction ones, of course) on one character. You don't need to get the ones that are exclusive to the other faction. Getting the achievement is distinct from getting the pet. You can get the achievement by finding the droids across several characters. You only get the pet if one character has done them all.

I don't think doing the H4s has anything to do with it, but I can't be certain of that, because I did the H4s a long time before I found all the droids.

Edited by PLynkes

• 4 months later...
Little late to the party here... but as an Imperial... how does one get the one in the Lower Industrial Sector without running past 3 or 4 lvl 55 Champion pub droids guarding the entrance to that area? Are we supposed to just run past and die multiple times just to get this part?

Little late to the party here... but as an Imperial... how does one get the one in the Lower Industrial Sector without running past 3 or 4 lvl 55 Champion pub droids guarding the entrance to that area? Are we supposed to just run past and die multiple times just to get this part?

If you have stealth you might be able to sneak by (not 100% sure), but in my case I was just heavily geared and I managed to run past them and survive (Khem died though:p).