Removing all Expertise from hard earned EWH-gear

Valee_Nethun

I mean... Bioware:

Are you SERIOUS?! :eek:

I think it's total SH*T that you removed the expertise stats from my HARD EARNED Elite War Hero Gear... You make all of the hours with blood sweat and tears a WASTE. Thank you for ruining PvP. I might as well not have played any PvP before the expansion, and I could have made by just as easily in warzones after the expansion with my Rakata/Campaign as with my Elite War Hero. Do you understand how this actually looks for someone who has used THIS many hours doing PvP, grinding comms to obtain the EWH-gear, and then making the gear useless? You should have done *something* to not make it a complete waste. Now I'm -for the first time since subscribing in november/december 2011- seriously considering deleting my account. :mad:

Edited by Valee_Nethun

I mean... Bioware:

I think it's total SH*T that you removed the expertise stats from my HARD EARNED Elite War Hero Gear... You make all of the hours with blood sweat and tears a WASTE. Thank you for ruining PvP. I might as well not have played any PvP before the expansion, and I could have made by just as easily in warzones after the expansion with my Rakata/Campaign as with my Elite War Hero. Do you understand how this actually looks for someone who has used THIS many hours doing PvP, grinding comms to obtain the EWH-gear, and then making the gear useless? You should have done *something* to not make it a complete waste. Now I'm -for the first time since subscribing in november/december 2011- seriously considering deleting my account. :mad:

The system changed, they could have left it alone and then you would have been fodder until you could regrind new gear. At least this way you got gear that will carry ya thru grind to new gear. Only place the change is going to hurt is open world pvp.

I feel like I"m coming mid way thru the conversation here but lemme get this strait. Is the new Bolster system giving exp now? So basically I can go into a WZ wearing my nice Tionese gear and still survive if not thrive? I mean if armor doesn't really matter anymore, I can just build an outfit out of greens, blue and purples, never have to worry about mods/enh. etc. and I can still put up damage/healing numbers? Or have I had too much medicinal and need to step away?

I feel like I"m coming mid way thru the conversation here but lemme get this strait. Is the new Bolster system giving exp now? So basically I can go into a WZ wearing my nice Tionese gear and still survive if not thrive? I mean if armor doesn't really matter anymore, I can just build an outfit out of greens, blue and purples, never have to worry about mods/enh. etc. and I can still put up damage/healing numbers? Or have I had too much medicinal and need to step away?

Bolster is basically meant to replace recruit gear, but apparently there are still kinks to iron out.

It will get you in the door but once they fix the system your still going to need to grind out the new gear to stay competitive. It hopefully will never be as bad as recruit vs EWH was though. At least I think that is the goal from what the devs had said.

Stop crying.. jeez

You worked hard for the WH/EWH so you could use it pre2.0

Why would anyone have bought WH/EWH FOR 2.0 when they said there would be new gear? that's right, no one would have bought it for 2.0.

Like I said, you bought it so you could use it in 1.7 (or whenever), we are no longer in 1.7 and there is now new gear. Go get the new gear or simply stop moaning about OLD gear.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about? I had 5 toons geared in WH and augmented, I could care less.

Stop crying.. jeez

Why would anyone have bought WH/EWH FOR 2.0 when they said there would be new gear? that's right, no one would have bought it for 2.0.

Like I said, you bought it so you could use it in 1.7 (or whenever), we are no longer in 1.7 and there is now new gear. Go get the new gear or simply stop moaning about OLD gear.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about? I had 5 toons geared in WH and augmented, I could care less.

The point is open world PvP. I'd like to compliment my partisan/conq gear with EWH that I had prior. If I wanted PvE gear, I would've grinded for that.

Besides open world PvP, this shouldn't really be an issue... Bolster gives you good stats in the right combination of stats even if the gear doesn't say 'expertise' on it.

Also, expansions with raised level caps always phase out old gear... Did you expect to use your EWH forever? We've already gone through Champ, Cent, BM, Recruit, WH, and EWH. I think that's enough of a pattern to know that eventually your gear is going to be worthless.

I mean... Bioware:

If you come over to my place, we will have drinks and watch standup comedy ;-)

Actually EWH didn't have much of a window of time to make it worthwhile. And there was no mention of actually DELETING the expertise from these items. It would be realistic if EWH was to Partisan as Battlemaster was to WH. Instead they made EWH worse than having Tionese PVE gear. It's absurd.

Stop crying.. jeez

No fair QQ First they come out with an expansion, and now I got to get new gear QQ. This is like when I was in 8th grade and I did the homework and then they came out with a whole new grade called 9th and I had to do homework again when I should have been done because I did it in 8th QQ My hard earned homework all down the drain QQ

No fair QQ First they come out with an expansion, and now I got to get new gear QQ. This is like when I was in 8th grade and I did the homework and then they came out with a whole new grade called 9th and I had to do homework again when I should have been done because I did it in 8th QQ My hard earned homework all down the drain QQ

This hits the nail right on the head.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.