Operation Talon design flaw

Syrlex

I want to express my considerable disappointment in regards to the design of one of the major Trooper class quests. At the end of Chapter 2, one of your companions becomes "injured" and unavailable.

For me, as a Gunnery Commando I was using Elara Dorne, for her healing skills. I had her gear reasonably up-to-date (quest rewards, not blues from the GTN).

So during Operation Talon, I have to select another companion, but they all go down like a sack of potatoes during many fights, and require loads of healing after them.

My grumble is the appearant expectation that I should be doing one or more of the following, since I am unable to progress with any level of comfort:

1) Respec to healing, at least until Elara becomes available again (I object on principle and totally suck as a healer; this is why I played DPS)

2) Have 2 or more companions fully up-to-date with gear (way too expensive)

3) Give up and play another class or spec or character (ruins the Trooper story)

4) Ask for help to complete the class quest (I think it unreasonable to ask others to carry me in this regard)

I have asked for opinions and advice from guild-mates and even the peanut gallery in General Chat. I truly feel this is a serious flaw in either the Gunnery tree/advanced class, or in the design of the class quests (which were otherwise very engaging and "suspended my disbelief adequately", if you know what I mean).

I am a paying subscriber, for what it is worth, and want my opinion recorded. Maybe others can benefit from it somehow.

Edited by Syrlex

My plan was to look for greens for either C2-N2 or Tanno Vik. Nothing was available on the GTN. I was rather surprised.

In the end, I loaded up on med packs and burned what limited healing I had available, using Tanno Vik. He died a lot in spite of my best efforts. :(

In the end I got it done, but I am not so happy about the difficulty.

My plan was to look for greens for either C2-N2 or Tanno Vik. Nothing was available on the GTN. I was rather surprised.

In the end, I loaded up on med packs and burned what limited healing I had available, using Tanno Vik. He died a lot in spite of my best efforts. :(

In the end I got it done, but I am not so happy about the difficulty.

Do you play on some sort of desolate server where you're the only player?

You must have selected the wrong search criteria. Should have just searched for > Armor > Heavy Armor > Choose one slot at a time > Green (Rarity) > Usable by ALL(I remember this used to be glitched) > Aim for required stats > Up to 4 levels under your current level.

If you don't get any results, then that's BS.