Level 50 priority advanced gear quest - was this removed?

GlowKitty

I haven't had a new level 50 in some time. But still haven't gotten mail for this like I did before...

For those that dont remember, it was the quest to gain the 100 points to use to purchase new gear.

Has this been removed?

Edited by GlowKitty

I haven't had a new level 50 in some time. But still haven't gotten mail for this like I did before...

Has this been removed?

Yes. If you have the expansion, the makeb commendations vendor sells rank 140 components that serve as a nice transition from 50 to 50+.

If you don't have the expansion, the level 50 FPs have been updated so that EVERY boss in the FP drops a black hole item, so you may suffer for a few FPs but it's really quick to gear up fully in BH and stomp everything.

• 2 months later...

planetary coms are easy enough to get and that's what "pay" for the new 50 starter gear from makeb vendor. the main difference is

1. you need to have expansion to buy gear from it, otherwise you can buy blue Correlian mods.

2. its mods only, so you can keep your existing orange set without having to rip mods out from tionese gear

so..they take something away from us and now we have to pay for it....thanks again Bioware. This is really turning into quite the credit sink/pit.

:rolleyes:

NO... they updated the game with new levels and content. They gave you easy access to Planetary Coms mods that are better then the level 50 gear they removed. They actually made your access to level appropriate gear, for planetary comms (for which all planetary coms are now in a pool). Zero credits required, and you can use coms earned from any planet.

Progress in an MMO... harsh mistress eh? :p

Edited by Andryah

so..they take something away from us and now we have to pay for it....thanks again Bioware. This is really turning into quite the credit sink/pit.

Um... The free PvE and PvP quests were not part of their original design. They only reason it was added was to fix a problem in their design of gear progression.

That problem no longer exists and you can very quickly get much better gear from the basic (?) gear vendor on the fleet.

Stop squawking and instead see that this is a non-issue.

Yes they have taken away your free armour set, instead you can spend all of those saved planetary coms and buy the high level armouring and mods.

Are you one of these people who just want a "win" button?

:rolleyes:

NO... they updated the game with new levels and content. They gave you easy access to Planetary Coms mods that are better then the level 50 gear they removed. They actually made your access to level appropriate gear, for planetary comms (for which all planetary coms are now in a pool). Zero credits required, and you can use coms earned from any planet.

Progress in an MMO... harsh mistress eh? :p

Where do you find these vendors? I take you find these vendors on the new planet Makeb. Yesterday, I reached lvl 55 on two of my characters, but they are in lvl 161 pvp mods. Is that good enough to just jump into operations or do you I still need to do the pve grind to get to acceptable gear level for operatons/raids?

Edited by Knockerz

Where do you find these vendors? I take you find these vendors on the new planet Makeb. Yesterday, I reached lvl 55 on two of my characters, but they are in lvl 161 pvp mods. Is that good enough to just jump into operations or do you I still need to do the pve grind to get to acceptable gear level for operatons/raids?

Makeb vendor is on Makeb yes, but there's also one on the fleet, next to corelia vendor. basic, elite, etc vendors are also on the inner ring of supplies area of the fleet.

not sure if pvp mods are good enough to start the ops, without looking at the overall stats you get from it, but usually, pvp gear is too heavy on endurance at the cost of other stats (expertise adds to the damage/healing you can do to other players, but it also is completely useless in pve, so its lost item budget)

EAware made sure to make level 50 utterly pointless in every regard, unless of course you get the expansion :rolleyes:

not relaly. before we were given Tionese gear, you started lvl 50 hardmodes with corelia blues. you can still do that with a lot more ease, since you don't need corelian commendations specificaly, just planetary ones, so you can save them up as you get close to 50. lvl 50 hardmodes are still run by a lot of people and not just at lvl 50, and they now drop better gear. classic ops are still being run. heck - balck hole gear is good all the way to lvl 55, and can work as a decent starting set for lvl 55 flashpoints and mods

which is more than I could say for most other MMO's I played that make any and all end game completely and utterly obsolete, including your ops gear being replaced with green quest rewards from the earliest quests in new zones.

• 2 weeks later...
EAmurderers didnt have to go DIE LEVEL 50 though. That was below low. BioWare after all didnt make Makeb, it was all EA's idea, really. It didnt even exist before in the Star Wars universe. Makeb = EA's money******.

EAmurderers didnt have to go DIE LEVEL 50 though. That was below low. BioWare after all didnt make Makeb, it was all EA's idea, really. It didnt even exist before in the Star Wars universe. Makeb = EA's money******.

I'm really hoping that English is not your first language.

Stop squawking and instead see that this is a non-issue.

Yes they have taken away your free armour set, instead you can spend all of those saved planetary coms and buy the high level armouring and mods.

Are you one of these people who just want a "win" button?

I would not complain either save for the fact that armor mods on the Makeb vendor are 10 coms each and you only get a cap of 100 coms. At least let us buy the coms pre-50 so we can save for a full 50 set of mods during our lower levesl when we really dont use the planetary coms.

Makeb vendor is on Makeb yes, but there's also one on the fleet, next to corelia vendor. basic, elite, etc vendors are also on the inner ring of supplies area of the fleet.

not sure if pvp mods are good enough to start the ops, without looking at the overall stats you get from it, but usually, pvp gear is too heavy on endurance at the cost of other stats (expertise adds to the damage/healing you can do to other players, but it also is completely useless in pve, so its lost item budget)

I actually outfitted my guardian with all the armoring, mods, and enhancements from Makeb (I left the game before they switched to a planetary com pool and had 200/100 because of the change over :)). I've now, over the past 3 days, have begun purchasing PvP gear, Partisan to be exact. The armoring/mods/enhancements from Makeb are rated at 58, while the Black Hole gear was rated at 61, the PvP gear is 63. I saw an increase in all stats moving from either the Makeb mods or Black Hole.

From my research it looks like 63 is the rating you want to be at for level 55 HM FP's, so the PvP gear should suffice to get you started there. Though I would strongly suggest really knowing the content well if going in with PvP gear as others have pointed out that the stat priorities on PvP gear do differ a bit. But a full set of Partisan should serve you quite well. Also, I would expect that full black hole gear should be plenty to get you going for level 55 FP's (SM) which will gear you well enough to do 55 HM's.

Edited by Razamatazz

I would not complain either save for the fact that armor mods on the Makeb vendor are 10 coms each and you only get a cap of 100 coms. At least let us buy the coms pre-50 so we can save for a full 50 set of mods during our lower levesl when we really dont use the planetary coms.

100 coms is 5 full item upgrades plus an additional barrel / hilt / armor piece. Heck, hold off on upgrading your enhancements, and you can get two more barrel / hilt / armor pieces. It's not a full upgrade (depending on how many slotted items you actually use), but it's pretty damn close and you can finish the job with coms that drop while doing missions.

As for the Original Topic, as someone else posted, the 'free tionese / recruit gear' system was just a band-aid they put on to allow newcomers to catch up with veterans and get into 'elder game' activities: With the new expansion, everyone was put back to square one, so the band-aid came off.

EAware made sure to make level 50 utterly pointless in every regard, unless of course you get the expansion :rolleyes:

No. You can still do PvP, Black Hole District, Nightmare Pilgrim, Section X, Dreadtooth, NiM EC, Starship Heroics.

As for the Original Topic, as someone else posted, the 'free tionese / recruit gear' system was just a band-aid they put on to allow newcomers to catch up with veterans and get into 'elder game' activities: With the new expansion, everyone was put back to square one, so the band-aid came off.

That would suggest to some that it might return, but it's not true. Recruit was your 'band-aid' for PvP and expertise gap. Then people started using it as pve entry gear and that made whole sections of game obsolete, and resulted in pissed off people that did not like getting FP pop with recruit geared people, so BW gave up and introduced free gear to PvE too.

New bolster -> no need for recruit -> no need for any free gear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.