PvP 2.0 Sorcerer Hybrid Heal Numbers

IIIGinoIII

I see many posts of people still complaining that their Sorc is still not usable. I am still PvPing in the 30-54 bracket without changing my gear out besides my old EWH gear and I have still put up gaudy numbers. I am mostly a healer with a little DPS on my tree. I don't see why people are complaining. This is just from one match I played last night. It is my average numbers for myself in Voidstar. Yes my TTK is quick like before, but if left alone I can do the team much with healing and DPS.

Based on my findings I truly believe that Sorcerers have become the next OP/FOTM class. I watched a Sage put up 1 MIL damage on Hypergate during 30-54 levels with the next highest damage at 500K. It seems that there is just one issue with people and their sorcerers. L2P

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/gino31l/Screenshot_2013-04-16_16_45_19_768582.jpg"]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/gino31l/Screenshot_2013-04-16_16_45_19_768582.jpg[/url]

Yes my TTK is quick like before, but if left alone I can do the team much with healing and DPS.

Based on my findings I truly believe that Sorcerers have become the next OP/FOTM class.

If you're going to be condescending, at the least don't refute your own claim in the same post.

A class that can only put out good healing and dps when left alone is the complete opposite of OP/FOTM- especially when the other classes are putting out extreme dps and healing WHILE being focused- try playing an operative and you'll understand.

Being able to put out good numbers when left alone essentially means- you'll do well if the other team are morons. That likely isn't what the average player is complaining about, and while we're happy for you that your server apparently has the caliber of players that leave a healer/high burst dps class with the poorest defensive ability in the game alone- not all of us can rely on that luck.

I've seen every class that can heal break 1 mil so far pre-55, and same with dps and dps classes- we're not OP if we can achieve what every other class does, especially if we have that caveat of 'must be left alone'.

Thus far my best Healing (1 rnd VS) result was 734K or roughly 1.6K HPS as a full Corruption Sorc. I have Guildmates who have topped both 1.2 million and 1.4 million in full VS games on their Operatives.

In other words, Sorcs are not OP or the next FOTM.

Healers however did receive some solid relative boosts it seems.

As far as individuals maintaining that they can only put out good Damage/Heals when they are “left alone,” quite frankly you are doing it wrong.

My highest Healing games also tend to be the ones where I receive inordinate amounts of attention (>300,000 DMG received), it comes with the territory.

If you balance your shield and defensive cool-down (!) properly you can hold against multiple enemies targeting you for some time, and usually have the resources needed to escape if your team melts around you.

The same is true for a full Lightning Sorc (I love hitting Barrier while Force Speed and Overload come off of CD…makes people rage :D )

In other words, Sorcs are not OP or the next FOTM.

Only time will tell. I have been able to 1 V 1 anyone now much more easily which I could have before. Overall in warzones I do survive longer. I die much less. Is it pre-1.2? No. But at anytime I 1 V 1. I can heal myself fully while their health drains away. It is very difficult to kill my sorcerer because of self heals. My friend plays as an assassin and still can not kill a healer sorc/sage

With the same stats as me

At the same time- lowbie pvp says very little about 55 pvp, almost nothing in fact.

Lowbie pvpers, on average, are terrible. I just had an Alderaan where I entered where the match was 350-100 for the other team already, and I still managed to outdps 5 players on my team in that last minute as a sniper- before that I had a match where I had 550k damage, and third place on our team had 165k damage.

Also- most of the time the main indicator of how much is healed/dpsed is the other team. It's far easier to get 1 mill damage against a team with two healers healing 650k each, but if the other team has no healers at all most players tend to be below 250k.

Ultimately- you can't judge the state of a class off of a few games, at a low level no less, based off of end of match stats. It's excessively easy to cheese big numbers as a sorc- and any decent sorc will tell you that's the case. But end of match numbers are far from the most important part of the class- the class's ability to survive group ganks, get through burst/stunlocks, keep allies alive or kill enemies quickly aren't going to be as measurable, and were big problems with the sorc before 2.0.

At this point- yes, lightning has got a big damage boost. But, we've got hit by some severe survivability and battle control nerfs for dps and healing builds, and our damage boost is not on par with the exponential rate in which some other classes increased in damage- and operatives are destroying as healers right now with the incredible boosts to energy management, and scamper.

Sorcs are still the squishiest class out there, and first on everyone's hit list- a bit of immunity every 3 minutes didn't change that.

Sorcs are still the squishiest class out there, and first on everyone's hit list- a bit of immunity every 3 minutes didn't change that.

Every class has been deemed squishy. Except tanks. It has been discussed on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=627099

I will soon be level 55 in the next couple of days, and I will see how much things have changed for sorcerers in higher PvP. I can tell you I played 10 matches last night and only lost once. It was all PUG and I barely died the entire time. This patch has brought many big nerfs on Juggs, Maras, and PTs, which means all other classes rose in power.

Every class has been deemed squishy. Except tanks. It has been discussed on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=627099

I will soon be level 55 in the next couple of days, and I will see how much things have changed for sorcerers in higher PvP. I can tell you I played 10 matches last night and only lost once. It was all PUG and I barely died the entire time. This patch has brought many big nerfs on Juggs, Maras, and PTs, which means all other classes rose in power.

Yes, TTK is indeed shorter- but even as a lightning sorc (what I'm playing around as myself right now, taking a break from healing), it becomes clear very quickly that my easiest targets among dps to kill are sorcs and snipers- and for healers, sorcs are number one too.

TTK isn't quite as short in all cases though- an operative healer is pretty much invincible against a sorc at this point, in fact, against anyone- and tanks can still fend off five people beating on them (though, there's a massive stat disparity at 55 right now, and some players have 24k health, while others are over 32k- and other stats are similarily off- this may actually be the worst gear disparity I've ever seen in this game's pvp).

It is EASIER though, to kill a dps jugg, mara, dps pt, even dps sin now than it was pre-xpac, at least so far (again, this will change with gear/as people grow comfortable with new changes)- but the change isn't quite as vast at 55 as you're seeing pre-55. At 55 against equal gear, don't expect that kind of damage.

Most of what people are complaining about now is wacky stats that are a result of the fail bolster system (which BW has confirmed to be buggy, in particular it gives pve gear a huge advantage over pvp gear). This can be seen easily at 55- you're looking at 30% or more health/damage between the current bis (which is pve gear) and the old pvp bis (EWH).

Needless to say, if you have 10k less health than someone, and your abilities that do 5k damage, they do 9k with the right buffs- it's going to look like TTK is out of control.

On even footing- sorcs are still taking about 20% more damage than other classes, and still have no defensive abilities (minus immunity on a long CD)- making them, by far, the squishiest class still.

All weekend I played at level 55 and noticed my stats weren't as large. I was averaging about 300K DMG and 300K healing. I was messing with different specs and I have come to one conclusion.

SORCERER= Powerful Healer

I think that my sorcerer can already put up decent DPS numbers without going up certain trees. I can last longer in WZs by healing myself. And in warzones it all about utility and survivability.

Still it seems through conversations other classes are frustrated about how hard it is to kill healing sorcerers. My heals are so much more powerful. With recent nerfs to smash monkeys and pyrotechs I feel there may be more sorcerers/sages out there.

Edited by IIIGinoIII

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.