'Upgrading' from EWH to Partisan. *** bolster.

Jherad

So I just replaced my EWH belt and bracers with Partisan versions (I moved the mods so I kept the same augments).

The stats on each were about the same, whole heap more expertise (as EWH has none now), 20 less crit, and a gain in aim, end etc.

Good deal eh?

So let's see what effect that has in a warzone:

Before the 'upgrade':

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/Valor/beforepartisanbb.jpg

After:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704154/Valor/afterpartisanbb.jpg

So a loss of 38 aim, 13.7 bonus damage, gained 20 expertise (***?) and lost 0.81% crit.

My basic stats in a warzone (aside from expertise) are now no longer getting bolstered (they're identical in and out of a warzone).

Why did I bother 'upgrading'?

Edited by Jherad

You would laugh if you saw how my gear is augmented and configured .. Too funny .. I just sit in warzones and swap enhancements /gear to see what bolsters the best .. i have missing aguments, enhanecments, mods .. BUT its working pretty sweet ..!! Bolstering to 2000 with very limited expertise in my gear, outside of a warzone ..

Why did they remove the expertise from the EWH gear, anyone know?

I heard that Disney are planning a new SW MMO so they are now killing this one as fast as possible.

Although this is the official stance:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6144955#post6144955

The ******* forgot about PvP servers and world PvP, but I am not surprised.

Edited by Simbr

Why did they remove the expertise from the EWH gear, anyone know?

Because the Bolster equation is so complicated that it was easier to remove gear EXP and treat all gear like PvE gear. Then there would be similar bolster effects player to player (regardless of level, but specifically in lowbie). The only difference is that the bolster equation doesn't bolster if the item is at a certain level(63) and there is EXP present(Partisan/Conq).

Zach basically wasted his comms on partisan gear because in 55 PvP gear, at best, is a wash compared to what you already have +bolster. An easy fix would be to buff EXP on Partisan/Conq, but there are still additional bugs that need to be hammered out. I personally would revamp the whole bolster mechanic and have gear increase EXP by some marginal percent, say 5% then there is some incentive to get gear... I am going to write another thread about it..

Edited by L-RANDLE

the new gear that was claimed higher tier gear is actually do not provide higher stats (under bolster). the new gear is providing another stats (some parameters lower, some higher). the best thing BW/EA team able to do, in order to make the new gear adorable is to destroy the old one.

this was useless job.

this game does not have room for "better gear". the only way to introduce something new here is to destroy something old (and fck the customers).

next patch they will remove exp or something else from conq gear and announce us a new pvp gear that will be claimed as new high tier pvp gear etc etc etc..

Edited by yauhen_pt

They need to remove expertise in its entirity and just give us high end raiding pve gear for our comms.. What is the difference? Some people are too lazy to go grind comms so they needed a bolster, now some pvpers dont want to go raiding for the best pvp gear so we are asking for High end pve gear and get rid of expertise. Bioware you clearly hacked the pvp in this game, fix it you idiots.

I do hope disney makes their own Star Wars MMO and put this one to rest. Bioware has no respect for the time and money spent by their customers and it shows they don't even play the game otherwise the bugs would be getting fixed instead of being stacked up. Bioware you can delete all the posts you want but your name will get bad press regardless.

They need to remove expertise in its entirity and just give us high end raiding pve gear for our comms.. What is the difference? Some people are too lazy to go grind comms so they needed a bolster, now some pvpers dont want to go raiding for the best pvp gear so we are asking for High end pve gear and get rid of expertise. Bioware you clearly hacked the pvp in this game, fix it you idiots.

Quoted for amazing truth!!! Enough of this stat crutch crap fro bad players. Just get rid of Expertise altogether, give PVP players an identical gear progression with different looking armor and lose bolster in the 55 bracket altogether.

It's time for PVP to go full on skill vs skill baby, hell yeah!

Quoted for amazing truth!!! Enough of this stat crutch crap fro bad players. Just get rid of Expertise altogether, give PVP players an identical gear progression with different looking armor and lose bolster in the 55 bracket altogether.

It's time for PVP to go full on skill vs skill baby, hell yeah!

I'm all for this.

This game obviously is revolving around it's PVE customers. EWH Gear wasn't even out long enough for it to be being replaced so soon. At least give us an Open PVP map where PVE players won't dare come...let them have Warzones...give us PVPers our own world...@%$& Makeb

This game obviously is revolving around it's PVE customers. EWH Gear wasn't even out long enough for it to be being replaced so soon. At least give us an Open PVP map where PVE players won't dare come...let them have Warzones...give us PVPers our own world...@%$& Makeb

Outlaw's Den?

I think that making wh/ewh pve gear was a smart move and it fixed a lot of issues that existed. I don't understand this persistence with wh/ewh gear. When you reach 55 and if it was as it was then the one wearing it would be annihilated by someone in partisan/conqueror. Now, although still worse than partisan the not so big gap between them makes it perfectly viable till update gear. It also solved the issues in the sub55 pvp bracket.

I do hope disney makes their own Star Wars MMO and put this one to rest. Bioware has no respect for the time and money spent by their customers and it shows they don't even play the game otherwise the bugs would be getting fixed instead of being stacked up. Bioware you can delete all the posts you want but your name will get bad press regardless.

Mickey sorcerer and goofy marauder. Nice...

Seriously though, we don't need Expertise anymore and having it is borking up the entire thing for everyone.

Keep bolster to make things even pre-55, but in the 55 area, lose bolster altogether. Let regular gear go stat for stat and lets tear it up fair style.

Seriously though, we don't need Expertise anymore and having it is borking up the entire thing for everyone.

Keep bolster to make things even pre-55, but in the 55 area, lose bolster altogether. Let regular gear go stat for stat and lets tear it up fair style.

So pretty much just throw in the towel and tell people they need to raid if they want to PvP?

So pretty much just throw in the towel and tell people they need to raid if they want to PvP?

No, how many times does it have to be said before the Crutch stat elimination police stop that line of thinking?

No, you would get your gear through PVP just like you do right now, it just wouldn't be filled with expertise. The gear you would get would be equal to what is dropped in raids and ops but would be purchasable with Warzone coms and look different as to give the PVP crowd a reason to go that route. In this idea, the PVP crowd would get it's own sets of 69 and 72 gear.

Yes, a PVP'r could just go and raid for all their gear, but then again, for every PVP'r that raided for their gear, some PVE'r would do warzones for theirs. Either way, you would have 2 routes to use to get your gear and you could choose which to take.

Edited by Elfa

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.