Is there really a problem with exp to reach 55 ?

Angedechu

I'm not able to play a lot (and I have a healer...) so I'm just around level 53, but out of 17ish ''subzones'' of Makeb, I'm around zone 7-8, so I'm not very worried.

I use a bit exp bonuses stuff bought from with my subscription cartel point, this said.

However, I must say that ''we don't have enough quests to real level 55'' seems to be a rather common complain from people that are not subbers. If this is the case, I must say that ''not having enough quest to reach max level without grinding'' really a huge, huge, huge stepback in MMO design.

If you go strictly story based no, there isn't. That said there are a lot of side quest lines (macrobinoculars and the seeker droids quest lines) and the end game quests that help fill this out so there really is no issue if someone is willing to explore (OMG on an MMO? say it isn't so) and find them.

Like said above: you don't have to grind a single thing if you don't want to. The main quest line alone is not enough, but there's plenty other stuff, like side quests, the dailies, GSI missions, macrobinoculars, seeker droids, etc.

I had a level 50 with rest XP // 3 hour xp boost: Did Ilum, Black hole and Section X dailies completely and dinged 52. You really don't need just makeb to make it... In fact, I'd say do the daily areas like I did first and then go to Makeb. Edited by veyl

That was the interesting part of how they designed these 5 levels. Most (if not all) of the dallies are doable at 53. You can start getting basic gear at 53.

This seemed intentional. The main makeb quests would get you to 53/54 and then you have to run your dailies to get to 55.

I started Makeb at 51 thanks to a week of gainin xp while waiting for its release. I am playing with a friend and am in a guild so do have those xp bonuses, whatever they come out to. With maybe a third of the planet opened up so far I am three quarters through lvl 53. I foresee no problems at all with hittin 55 before I'm done with Makeb without the binoc and scanner missions.

I

However, I must say that ''we don't have enough quests to real level 55'' seems to be a rather common complain from people that are not subbers. If this is the case, I must say that ''not having enough quest to reach max level without grinding'' really a huge, huge, huge stepback in MMO design.

No, that's not true. If you run the Macrobinocular, Seeker Droid and GSI stuff, then you will have enough XP to reach 55 without even finishing all of that stuff and without repeating any of the quests. I hit 55 like that with no legacy XP unlocks, no guild XP bonus, and without using any XP boosts.

I had a level 50 with rest XP // 3 hour xp boost: Did Ilum, Black hole and Section X dailies completely and dinged 52. You really don't need just makeb to make it... In fact, I'd say do the daily areas like I did first and then go to Makeb.

This!

I didn't preorder soon enough so prior to Sunday on my 3 lvl 50 toons I did all the dailies I could to get me to lvl 51 minus 1 point and then filled my quest log with of completed daily quests but did not turn them. Sunday morning they were all 3 lvl 52!

So doing the dailies with boosts will get you to 52 with maybe enough to buy 1 piece of BH gear if youre missing one

I had a ton of rested exp and with it I leveled very fast on Makeb. When I run out of it (haven't since lvl 45 :p) I found out that levelling on Makeb was a lot slower. So you either need to get rested exp or use some Cartel Market exp buffs to get to level 55 with only doing the Makeb main story I think. Edited by Sentinel-Jordal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.