Rise of the Hutts: Anything in this expansion for lowbies?

KJennings

I'm a returning player (just re-subbed). I see that there is a new expansion out. All of my characters are low (the highest level is 28). I'd like to buy the new expansion, but was wondering if it would be a waste of money since my toons are not high level. So, is there anything in the new expansion for low level toons?

Thanks!

Complete waste of money if you aren't at least 50. Worst expansion I have ever come across in any mmo game to be honest as far as content goes and new features. Should have just been a free content patch. Edited by Denerio

Might have been worth it to pre-order and get the portable trainer, but if your highest is only 28, you may as well wait at this point.

Pretty much everything of benefit to sub-50 characters was included as part of the free 2.0 patch.

Besides, it's not like they'll sell out of them before you can buy it.

However, if they offer any kind of sale or purchase incentive between now and then, you should take advantage of it.

I'm a returning player (just re-subbed). I see that there is a new expansion out. All of my characters are low (the highest level is 28). I'd like to buy the new expansion, but was wondering if it would be a waste of money since my toons are not high level. So, is there anything in the new expansion for low level toons?

Thanks!

Not from the expansion. Like many first expansions for MMOs.. they are focused on upping the endgame to address the impatient and the bored cap level players who need/demand more to do.

However... I think as a returning player you will find lots of nice changes since you left (unless you left last month :p )

You can hold off on the expansion until you get a character to 50.

Complete waste of money if you aren't at least 50. Worst expansion I have ever come across in any mmo game to be honest as far as content goes and new features. Should have just been a free content patch.

Considering the price of other mmo expansions compared to this one, it's perfectly fine.

How much do you think WOW or EQ2 would charge for this amount of content we got in ROTHC? Probably the same price as this one.

And seriously, it was 10 bucks. QQ.

You can get a head start on achievements, if you care about that sort of thing. Other than that? No. It's basically designed for people at the level cap - pretty much like all other expansions in the history of ever.

The achievements are part of 2.0 not the expansion. Everyone has achievements. Unless I am missing the point you are trying to make?

Although there's no new content. Something you guys have missed out on greatly is the simple fact, all commendations earned on planets are now one type.

So, if you earned a bunch on your level 28 (op) but wanted to gear up your mid-teen alt(s) ... you could buy mods for orange gear ... If nothing else, it'll be easier grinding lower levels now.

The achievements are part of 2.0 not the expansion. Everyone has achievements. Unless I am missing the point you are trying to make?

Ah, nevermind then. I thought they came with the expansion. Then no. There's nothing for you, unless you're already at the level cap. And really? Why should there be? There's already a ton of pre 50 content.

Although there's no new content. Something you guys have missed out on greatly is the simple fact, all commendations earned on planets are now one type.

So, if you earned a bunch on your level 28 (op) but wanted to gear up your mid-teen alt(s) ... you could buy mods for orange gear ... If nothing else, it'll be easier grinding lower levels now.

That is part of the 2.0 patch not the expansion.

Complete waste of money if you aren't at least 50. Worst expansion I have ever come across in any mmo game to be honest as far as content goes and new features. Should have just been a free content patch.

To be fair, it is either half the price of WoW''s (Edit: if you're a subscriber). God forbid, EQ2 is selling expansions at 40 dollars a year. It's a little boost in the games story that I welcomely accept. I do have a problem with the quests starting at 51 on Makeb; those are an entire different story!

Edited by Echriado

So what you're saying is that you don't play MMOs.

In terms of it being free, how would they possibly justify Makeb's production cost or turn a profit on it's content? Don't be an idiot and say subs or the Cartel Market.

TOR doesn't have the numbers or resources to produce an expansion pack the way a company like Blizzard does. "You guyz didnt do dis like Blizard. PHAIL!"

When you actually take a second and look at other F2P MMOs (that started out as paid only) like Champions, Star Trek, DCUO, etc, you'd notice that the idea of a traditional expansion pack is something that doesn't really exist anymore. It just doesn't make financial sense to do something like a "full on" expansion pack when the number of people playing the game can't justify the production cost of the expansion.

People really need to get over naming conventions, ie Expansion Pack, DLC, Update, etc. There is no universal standard of measure when it comes to those things, nor should there be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.