Has the memory leak returned with the 4/16 patch?

TheHeat

Has anyone else had problems similar to when the memory leak was plaguing this game since the launch of the newest patch? I was running the game for about three hours and started experiencing the same sloppy performance issues from several patches back (FPS chugging, input delay, game refusing to shut down for several minutes after you've closed the program). Please tell me this stupid issue hasn't reared its ugly head again so soon after it was fixed.

I used to experience the memory leak consistently.

As far as I can tell I haven't had those problems since they patched it.

However; today has been horrible with lag, action delays, selected attacks not firing and related issues. Watching my FPS bounce between the normal 60 and up to over 600 and back again... and then again... and again.... and again.

However; today has been horrible with lag, action delays, selected attacks not firing and related issues. Watching my FPS bounce between the normal 60 and up to over 600 and back again... and then again... and again.... and again.

same problem for me on the red eclipse, the last few days it has been really laggy :(

same problem for me on the red eclipse, the last few days it has been really laggy :(

Lag has been horrid since patch. Yesterday was fine, today I'm spiking all the way up to 1200. I got out of a WZ and thought I was going to disconnect, reached all the way to 21000ms before things clicked back to 100 or so (which is still higher than I am used to).

Not to say that there isn't some other issue causing the lag, but I am really starting to think that people are psyching themselves out here. Ever since they "fixed the memory leak" every time there is a patch or ANY kind of maint. there ends up being at least 1 if not half a dozen threads that same day asking the same exact question "Did they unfix the memory leak?". Its almost like dealing with a paranoid crack addict that looks out the window eradictlly looking for what caused the noise every time he hears the clock tick.

Not to say that there isn't some other issue causing the lag, but I am really starting to think that people are psyching themselves out here. Ever since they "fixed the memory leak" every time there is a patch or ANY kind of maint. there ends up being at least 1 if not half a dozen threads that same day asking the same exact question "Did they unfix the memory leak?". Its almost like dealing with a paranoid crack addict that looks out the window eradictlly looking for what caused the noise every time he hears the clock tick.

I agree.

And to insert an old old AC joke here.... "Tuskars.. they are definitely hitting harder since the patch". :p That never got old.

Yep, since I joined this game everytime someone ask something about performance there a half of dozen forum users who flame the thread. You described them very well.

------------

Answering the OP, I haven't experienced any major differences, maybe a slight performance hit a few days ago. Some days it works better than others, that's for sure.

Yesterday some people reported lag spikes on the chat and I have them too, but it was for an hour or less. These kind of situations are considered "normal".

It's is also common that some people may feel that something is different after a patch (drop rates for example). It is also true that sometimes fixed errors appear unfixed after a patch. Give it time

Yep, since I joined this game everytime someone ask something about performance there a half of dozen forum users who flame the thread. You described them very well.

------------

Answering the OP, I haven't experienced any major differences, maybe a slight performance hit a few days ago. Some days it works better than others, that's for sure.

Yesterday some people reported lag spikes on the chat and I have them too, but it was for an hour or less. These kind of situations are considered "normal".

It's is also common that some people may feel that something is different after a patch (drop rates for example). It is also true that sometimes fixed errors appear unfixed after a patch. Give it time

Way to overreact there Sgt Schultz. Learn to recognize a joke as a joke and not be so damned serious. The point is, if you took a minute to carefully read what I said, this question keeps getting asked every single time there is ANY maint. which would lead someone to think that people are psyching themselves out more than anything. Hell even in my first line I stated that there may be another reason for some of the things they are seeing. Again reason would dictate that after the first time it got unfixed that it shouldn't be able to be "unfixed" every single patch there after. I would be curious to see how many people there are that have come into each one of these threads saying "yeah now that you mention it it does seem broken again" as if its a new thing again. Either way, I didn't come in here flaming people, I just used a colorful way to describe the general reaction every time there is a patch.

------------

Hey, thanks for not being a big jerk. Anyway, half of it may be paranoia, but I have seen performance issues with this game all day. I think the previous memory leak has traumatized me.

I agree.

And to insert an old old AC joke here.... "Tuskars.. they are definitely hitting harder since the patch". :p That never got old.

But, to be fair to the AC complaints, Turbine did change their damage 3 patches in a row lol

It may have but if so it's not nearly as bad as it was. I had a CTD on Tatooine doing GSI dailies there which showed all the symptoms of what happened when the memory leak used to get me. But beyond that one incident, I have not had a CTD since they implemented the fix.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.