gaining legacy levels - a question

Jeweledleah

so new perk, personal starship transport. loved it when it first showed up, enjoying it still, the problem is - my legacy is currently lvl 37 and I need to be 50 to shorten CD to one hour. I really do want that one hour CD. aha - cartel coins to the rescue!

except... it would take 900 cartel coins for me.

and I'm 3 lvls away from saving 300 of them...

except... I just hit that lvl 37 and it took awhile to get there.

so the question is, for someone who mainly does a few dailies and on average does one hardmode flashpoint a day (currently lvl 50, but I'm about to hit 55 on my main, so I'll probably attempt lvl 55 ones few days after) and plays lower level alts otherwise (between lvl 20 and 30 mostly)... how long would it take me to get those last 3 levels I need? approximately.

this will help me decide whether I'll continue leveling legacy to 40, or just buy both unlocks with coins. (I do have other things i could use those coins on, hence the hesitation)

thank you in advance.

3 legacy levels can go pretty quick, play your lowbies through a few planets or something and you will hit it real quick.

I'm not sure this would work out that way at this point.

it took me from lvl 50 to almost 55 on one character, 50 to 52 on another just to go from 36 to 37. and I'd attempt to do the math myself, but I'm not sure at which rate the amount of xp needed increases from level to level. I know that each subsequent level takes longer. I just don't know by how much. I sometimes play sporadically, so i didn't record the exact pace of my progress to lvl 36, (plus there was double xp to change the pace).

I'd like to know if I'm looking at a week... a month... something in between...

so new perk, personal starship transport. loved it when it first showed up, enjoying it still, the problem is - my legacy is currently lvl 37 and I need to be 50 to shorten CD to one hour. I really do want that one hour CD. aha - cartel coins to the rescue!

except... it would take 900 cartel coins for me.

and I'm 3 lvls away from saving 300 of them...

except... I just hit that lvl 37 and it took awhile to get there.

so the question is, for someone who mainly does a few dailies and on average does one hardmode flashpoint a day (currently lvl 50, but I'm about to hit 55 on my main, so I'll probably attempt lvl 55 ones few days after) and plays lower level alts otherwise (between lvl 20 and 30 mostly)... how long would it take me to get those last 3 levels I need? approximately.

this will help me decide whether I'll continue leveling legacy to 40, or just buy both unlocks with coins. (I do have other things i could use those coins on, hence the hesitation)

thank you in advance.

Just to give a time stamp on this. I'm legacy lvl 39, which I dinged while lvling to 55. I was maybe 2-5% into lvl 39 when I started HM FPs. I did... probably about 10 yesterday and I'm half to 40. It took about 30 mins per FP so that's 300 mins total to get half way so 300x2 for 600 mins. So just grinding through one legacy lvl through HM FPs it would take like 12 hours lol.

The dailies and weeklies, however, would be your best bet. I would just bite the bullet and do every daily instead of just a few, especially if you want it quick.

I'm not sure this would work out that way at this point.

it took me from lvl 50 to almost 55 on one character, 50 to 52 on another just to go from 36 to 37. and I'd attempt to do the math myself, but I'm not sure at which rate the amount of xp needed increases from level to level. I know that each subsequent level takes longer. I just don't know by how much. I sometimes play sporadically, so i didn't record the exact pace of my progress to lvl 36, (plus there was double xp to change the pace).

I'd like to know if I'm looking at a week... a month... something in between...

I'm just going off my experience from going to legacy 50, granted its been 10 months since I did that so maybe it was more xp than I remember.

thank you for replies, i believe I have my answer.

@ Viridiana - I've been playing since early access, and I think the longest I didn't was couple of weeks here and there. it took me that long to get to my current legacy level... I'm guessing I'm a slower player/leveler then you are :p

@ Levity - I'd be pugging those flashpoints, so it would probably be more like 1 hour per (at least I get quick pops as a healer)... adjusting for my playstyle of stop and pick every resource that comes my way.. looks like I'm looking at about 1 month of steady playing.

cartel coins for both perks it is.

thank you for replies, i believe I have my answer.

@ Viridiana - I've been playing since early access, and I think the longest I didn't was couple of weeks here and there. it took me that long to get to my current legacy level... I'm guessing I'm a slower player/leveler then you are :p

@ Levity - I'd be pugging those flashpoints, so it would probably be more like 1 hour per (at least I get quick pops as a healer)... adjusting for my playstyle of stop and pick every resource that comes my way.. looks like I'm looking at about 1 month of steady playing.

cartel coins for both perks it is.

Anytime! And yeah if you want asap, then free CCs is a good route lol.

The dailies and weeklies, however, would be your best bet. I would just bite the bullet and do every daily instead of just a few, especially if you want it quick.

This!! Once I started doing dailies on all my 50's it seemed I'd gain a legacy lvl a day, now that I'm legacy lvl 45 it's a lot slower, but still seems the quickest and most effective way!

Too bad they haven't added a "Legacy XP Boost" consumable to the CM yet! :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.