Alacarity for heals?

Zaxem

I want to try heal spec on my merc but i mainly play dps my question is do i need/want alacrity in the encahnements or is power/surge a better way to go as heals since i'm gonna be using mostly my dps set for heals and it has 0 alacrity besides the spec at leas until i build a separate heal set with the new mods Edited by Zaxem

I want to try heal spec on my merc but i mainly play dps my question is do i need/want alacrity in the encahnements or is power/surge a better way to go as heals since i'm gonna be using mostly my dps set for heals and it has 0 alacrity besides the spec at leas until i build a separate heal set with the new mods

casting faster is good but youl feel like your overheating instantly, it wont be a bad thing and deffo help in a crunch but when you hit that emergency scan and kolto missile you'll want them to count so power and surge will help you allot more. also note that alacrity wont affect your rapid shots which mercs need to use. Hope that helps

casting faster is good but youl feel like your overheating instantly, it wont be a bad thing and deffo help in a crunch but when you hit that emergency scan and kolto missile you'll want them to count so power and surge will help you allot more. also note that alacrity wont affect your rapid shots which mercs need to use. Hope that helps

yes it does thanks i kinda figured power/surge was better but due to the changes with alacrity and i heard some heal classes it was to have some alacrity b4 2.0 bti i wasn't 100% sure

I'm already at 333 alacrity rating myself, mainly because its on all the gear. And from looking at the info on your character page, I'm not seeing a big difference. I know base heat dissipation is 5.0 /s, alacrity pushes it 5.4 /s. Seems like a lot of wasted stats, for little gain. I didn't check to see if it lowered any of my casting times, but I sort of doubt it. Even then I doubt its even noticeable.

I would love to see more info about alacrity for merc, from the numbers people. Anyway until I hear otherwise, I think I will be dumping all my alacrity.

Edit

Alacrity will help you rapid shots, as alacrity lowers your global CD also if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by caveslug

Alacrity only competes with surge and accuracy. Accuracy is obviously useless for a healer, so once you hit 75% surge, there's nothing else to put those extra points in - more surge is pointless due to DR, so dump the rest in alacrity.

Alacrity only competes with surge and accuracy. Accuracy is obviously useless for a healer, so once you hit 75% surge, there's nothing else to put those extra points in - more surge is pointless due to DR, so dump the rest in alacrity.

Ah yes. My bad. With lolbolster I haven't really been paying attn to min/maxing anyway.