Singularity stacks doesn't double the Force Sweep damage

Nightthunder

I know i will get a lot of hate for posting this but i would like to ask for clarification from the Devs.

Here are two pictures, both with same gear etc. but one is without the 3 stack of singularity :

Pic without singularity

Pic with singularity

Without singularity my Force Sweep deals: 2749 - 2896

With singularity my Force Sweep deals : 4882 - 5142

Singularity says the following: "While Shii-Cho Form is active, Combat Focus grants [1 stack / 2 stacks / 3 stacks] of Singularity, reducing the focus cost and increasing the damage dealt by your next Force Sweep by [11.11 / 22.22 / 33.33]%. Stacks up to 3 times. Additionally, each hit of Force Exhaustion grants 1 stack of Singularity. Also reduces the cooldown of Combat Focus by [5 / 10 / 15] seconds and causes Combat Focus to generate [2 / 4 / 6] additional focus over [2 / 4 / 6] seconds."

So with 3 stacks of singularity (which increases its damage by 99.99%) my damage from Force sweep should be: 2749 - 2896 x 2 = 5498 - 5792

I checked if its not the base damage that is being doubled (without strength, power, willpower, force power etc.) but it would be like 3000 with singularity as double damage, so these values are also added to the calculation of the double damage.

Anyone can clarify this?

Thanks.

P.S. Pre 2.0 the values were displayed correctly

3 stacks of Singularity gives 33.3% increase to Sweep, 11.1% from each stack , used to be 100% increase from 4 stacks of 25%.

The tool tip is badly written, saying it twice indicates a potential 3 x 33.3% but that isn't the case. Just more lazy lack of proof reading by Bioware!

3 stacks of Singularity gives 33.3% increase to Sweep, 11.1% from each stack , used to be 100% increase from 4 stacks of 25%.

The tool tip is badly written, saying it twice indicates a potential 3 x 33.3% but that isn't the case. Just more lazy lack of proof reading by Bioware!

Hello there,

Unfortunately i have to say that you are wrong, the damage is increased by 11.1% / 22.2% / 33.3% x3 stacks depending on how many points you have applied in your talent tree. If its only one talent point applied it will increase your damage by 11.1% x3 stacks, if two then 22.2% x3 stacks and finally if three points applied then 33.3% x3 stacks.

Your force sweep itself is increased by 99.9 percent. The reason ur seeing different numbers is for multiple reasons.

1. Expertise of your too vs. Expertise of other players toon. ( damage reduction for % of expertise)

2. Gear stats of ur toon vs. Damage reduction/shield rating of opposition.

3. Having armour debuff on said opposition vs. Not having debuff

basically every sweep you use is gonna be different depending on opponent.

Have you checked your actual damage numbers? Maybe the tooltip display is wrong?

Hello,

My actual damage numbers are between 6k and 6.5k BUT take into consideration that these numbers are critical strikes with x1.88 damage, due to the fact that i have 88% surge. I need to do more testing and put up a combat log in order to see the actual numbers.

Your force sweep itself is increased by 99.9 percent. The reason ur seeing different numbers is for multiple reasons.

1. Expertise of your too vs. Expertise of other players toon. ( damage reduction for % of expertise)

2. Gear stats of ur toon vs. Damage reduction/shield rating of opposition.

3. Having armour debuff on said opposition vs. Not having debuff

basically every sweep you use is gonna be different depending on opponent.

Hey,

1. I had around 50% dmg increase from expertise which is roughly around 1700, that is the most general number in warzones since there are very few ppl who have a complete gear in this early stage of the expansion but then again my damage numbers are average.

2. Again, these numbers are generalized, of course i wont take into account fighting tanks since sometimes i crit for 2.5k ( xD ) on assassins which is understandable based on your 2nd point.

3. Yes this is a factor, and a huge impact with my 20% debuff, so i know i will never hit targets for the same amount :) i am aware of the concept of the calculations

Nevertheless ill do some combat logs and let you guys know, but still something doesnt seem right, either tool tip issue or not.

Actually i realized that i didn't look at the fact that you were talking about base damage. Im not positive but if u calculate the % of singularity with your surge percentage im curious if that would be the cause of slightly decreased base damage....just a thought

I believe the problem is that you are expecting singularity to multiply other damage buffs to sweep, and that doesn't happen now. In the Guardian focus tree, you have a 20% buff to sweep damage from Swelling Winds. Shii-Cho form also increases all force damage dealt by 6% with Single Saber Mastery. These are additive buffs to a base damage of ~2161 in your case:

Without singularity: 2161 + (2161 * 0.06) + (2161 * 0.20) = 2748.79

With singularity: (2*2161) + (2161 * 0.06) + (2161 * 0.20) = 4883.86

Not sure if this was a changed in 2.0, I think the buffs were always additive, but I am not certain of that.

Hope this helps.

Edited by NoFishing

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.