No Cathar...Did I miss something?

Grafon

So I was out of town for a week in late march, did I miss an announcement? I reached level 55 the day of early access launch and when I went to go create my first Cathar I thought "oh, well SURELY it will be launched the following tuesday in the 2.0b patch"...still no Cathar. Was there a formal announcement or did Bioware just decide to pull this ADVERTISED portion of the expansion without saying anything?

So I was out of town for a week in late march, did I miss an announcement? I reached level 55 the day of early access launch and when I went to go create my first Cathar I thought "oh, well SURELY it will be launched the following tuesday in the 2.0b patch"...still no Cathar. Was there a formal announcement or did Bioware just decide to pull this ADVERTISED portion of the expansion without saying anything?

It was never advertised.

To answer your question though, you did miss something, many somethings, namely the number of people who (like yourself, in error) posted this same thread on the hour, every hour for the last week.

Edited by Syas

... Please use search next time. I understand you have been gone but there is a search box...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=626594&highlight=cathar

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=626319&highlight=cathar

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=621260&highlight=cathar

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=625705&highlight=cathar

I could keep listing them but there have been atleast one post a day for the last 3 weeks about cather.

This has the information you seek http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130321

Bioware: Can we please get a sticky about Cathar. So many useless threads!

Edited by ninjonxb

Jeez, sorry I dont read the forums for hours every day guys. I'll remember how much I hate the SW:TOR community next time I think about posting here.

Thank you for clearing my question up.

Try not lying in your original post, people will be nicer to you. :rolleyes:

Jeez, sorry I dont read the forums for hours every day guys. I'll remember how much I hate the SW:TOR community next time I think about posting here.

Sorry -- search function? Don't have to read every day. Hence why someone recommended checking the search function.

And I can't blame anyone for being annoyed at answering this question for the umpteenth time -- when the only reason it needs answering is lack of reading comprehension. Cathar was not going to be in 2.0/RotHC. Simple as that. You would've known that had you read ANYTHING about RotHC.

Nobody cares if you read the forums for hours on end. All that is requested of you is to use the search feature in the forums for answers to questions BEFORE spamming up a new thread.

Takes about 20 seconds and can be done without getting snippy about being given sound advice.

You missed the last 2 months...not just 1 week. The Cathar were NEVER part of the advertising for ROTHC. They said a couple of months ago that the Cathar would be coming out independent from and after ROTHC. Plus, there's been a daily "Where are the Cathar?" thread in the forums for at least the last 2 weeks answering this same question over and over and over.......and over again.

Nobody cares if you read the forums for hours on end. All that is requested of you is to use the search feature in the forums for answers to questions BEFORE spamming up a new thread.

Takes about 20 seconds and can be done without getting snippy about being given sound advice.

The only people who seem to be bothered about answering his question are you and the other people who spend "hours a day" on the forums. So yeah, think about that before your next insulting post.

He's right, this awful community is lead by you bunch that jump in to each new thread spewing vitriol all over the person who asked a question.

Are YOU paying for each new thread that gets started? Then who cares, either post and answer his question, or don't and let it fall off the first page. Insulting someone for asking a question is for elementary school kids.

Well yes, you did. When telling a Cathar ; No. You need to be more forceful. Perhaps reinforce the message with a Bad Cathar, Bad. No, No Cathar. This will get the message through to the Cathar that you do indeed mean no.

Well yes, you did. When telling a Cathar ; No. You need to be more forceful. Perhaps reinforce the message with a Bad Cathar, Bad. No, No Cathar. This will get the message through to the Cathar that you do indeed mean no.

+1, lol.

The only people who seem to be bothered about answering his question are you and the other people who spend "hours a day" on the forums. So yeah, think about that before your next insulting post.

He's right, this awful community is lead by you bunch that jump in to each new thread spewing vitriol all over the person who asked a question.

Are YOU paying for each new thread that gets started? Then who cares, either post and answer his question, or don't and let it fall off the first page. Insulting someone for asking a question is for elementary school kids.

Actually I would say more people were bothered by this part...

did Bioware just decide to pull this ADVERTISED portion of the expansion without saying anything?

Why did he say that in that context, with that much conviction, and that level of arrogance? Explain that part since you seem to have such a good handle on things.

Why did he make that statement as if it were fact when there was never any proof of such a thing?

If he had just made another Cathar topic I think people would've just done another eye roll, but when he came at it the way he did then people of course are going to want to knock him down a notch or two.

^ This mainly.

No need snap at people OP.

Unless you are fairly new to the game, Cathar's development has never yielded a release date - it has been Soon for almost a year. It was never advertised, nor hinted in being released with 2.0 / RotHC's release. Only a "we're still working on it / it's hard and long work."

Actually I would say more people were bothered by this part...

Why did he say that in that context, with that much conviction, and that level of arrogance? Explain that part since you seem to have such a good handle on things.

Why did he make that statement as if it were fact when there was never any proof of such a thing?

If he had just made another Cathar topic I think people would've just done another eye roll, but when he came at it the way he did then people of course are going to want to knock him down a notch or two.

Exactly. PLUS.. he came right back and got all snippy at people.

He was looking for a fight IMO.. and he got one.

Edited by Andryah

Don't be a jerk. They gave you sound advice that you should probably follow. They didn't call you names or say they hated -you-, so there is no reason to return with such hostility.

Give it a rest pal.. and stop projecting.

I personally was not bothered by his OP.... it was his hostile and deliberate snarky attitude as soon as he did not get what he wanted. I think he wanted people to jump onto a faux-rage that Cathar are not release yet. He did not get it.. so he got pissed and took shots at people. And.. just to be clear... he started it... so ease up off my back about it with your faux-indigation.

Edited by Andryah