Consumable to Convert green/blue/purple to Orange Moddable

Overdoser

Looking over the huge variety of unique items in the game i think the easiest and most efficient way for bioware to increase variety as well as their pocketbooks would be to offer a cartel market item that can convert normal green/blue/purple items to moddable orange ones. This would also help boost the crafting economy as more items would be sold and bought by players who wish to further differentiate their look from the existing set of customizable gear. this would allow the long hours spent by the item designers to be not wasted on players only using the items for a few hours while lvling and we can all continue to enjoy their good work during endgame pvp and pve.

I've suggested a similar idea, i.e. allowing an appropriate crafter to do the conversion (armormech or synthweaver for wearables; armstech or artifice for weapons) as a way of giving people greater appearance options AND making crafting skills more relevant. Either way, it would be great to have the option of converting a static piece you like the look of into an orange modifiable piece that you can continue to upgrade even into end-game. I've got a few pieces stashed in different alt's vaults just in case they ever give us the option.

yah i just feel like there are some really good work the designers did on lower level green/blue/purple pieces and they are hardly used. it's just such a waste. i know they want to give the crafted items more value so an alternative is for the crafters to make a kit that converts these normal pieces into moddables. really would increase the variety of the designs available for MINIMUM effort from the developers. it's a WIN/WIN situation. i bet all the green/blue/purple basic items already have this kind of setup in the code, it's just not open to the players yet but can be at a flick fo a switch so to speak.

There was a time during the beta, where you could mod anything that was green or better.. I don't know why they changed that..

I think the only thing I would do then would be to limit the quality of mods an item can take based on it's color.. Green can only accept green mods, blue can take green and blue, purple can take purple and below, and orange can take anything..

My 2 cents.. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.