When to switch gear ? or should i? 2.0

BronxBrewer

Hey gang. I hit 50 a few weeks before 2.0 hit. Im mosly in Tionesse "sp" gear. Ive been doing Ops and HM flash points with my guild.

Should i be pulling just the mods and enhancments out of the drops to upgrade my current gear ? Or should i replace the set all together ? If im upgrading my current set. At what point do i start to replace the tioneese gear ? Is it worth it to break up the set bonuses ?

replace as you get gear.

set bonuses are fine and all, but you're going to be extremely undergeared with tionese for leveling in makeb (let alone doing FPs at 55)

also, try to do some ops to get some dread guard gear with set bonuses on it. that should hold you until you start getting arkanian gear

Edited by oaceen

Yeah do HM 50 operations for dread guard or use classic comms for campaign to get your set bonus. Tionese is just a tad too low unfortunately, though shoulld still be fine for 50 HM FPs. You can also gear up through leveling on Makeb, but the nice thing about Dread Guard gear is you can take it all the way into SM level 55 operations

Ive been pluging in the enhancments and mods into my gear. Im lvl 53 atm on Makeb. Just wondering if the set bonus is a make or break at this point. I seem to do fine questing. I dont want to put too much into my gear only to replace it later doing story mode 55s.

Ive been pluging in the enhancments and mods into my gear. Im lvl 53 atm on Makeb. Just wondering if the set bonus is a make or break at this point. I seem to do fine questing. I dont want to put too much into my gear only to replace it later doing story mode 55s.

the difference in gear is so significant that i would drop the set bonus

I dunno. I'm keeping my dread guard set bonus for the forseeable future. 15% Crit rating on Grav Round is a LOT, especially in this new crit unfriendly environment. I'd keep at least two armorings around for the set bonus. You can also use Classic Commendations and buy campaign versions which will have much better stats than tionese.

I dunno. I'm keeping my dread guard set bonus for the forseeable future. 15% Crit rating on Grav Round is a LOT, especially in this new crit unfriendly environment. I'd keep at least two armorings around for the set bonus. You can also use Classic Commendations and buy campaign versions which will have much better stats than tionese.

i mean from 51 gear

as in, buying campaign gear without the set bonus would be better than tionese with the set bonus

going from dread guard up to arkanian and whatever the new highest one is is of course another matter