Official MCR-99 droid locations (hidden planetary achievements)

Twolightsabers

Bamorra (Republic and Empire)

I can confirm that it's the same for both factions, since I had found 4/6 before finding this thread, and realized 3 of mine were the same as found by the above posters. This the final missing one for Balmorra:

Under the southern bridge (x, y: 733, 1614) connecting Gorinth Canyon to the Sundari Flatlands. Found it while exploring the southernmost section of the heroic area (Trash to Treasure area mission for Republic, same as the other heroic for Imps with the droid on the highest building on the north side) in the northwest of the Flatlands. You can't see it with your binoculars from on top of the bridge, so I recommend taking the lifts down and just running as far south as you can; then it's right in front of you.

Thank you to the two previous Balmorra posters. It's nice to have this achievement done.

After a little confusion (mainly from locations being named different or not named on Republic side) and switching back and forth between characters, I can verify this as well.

Edited by staticus

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, Twisselmann, what a great find! This is a relief... I spent about five hours yesterday searching for this last one. Much appreciated!

By the way, Twolightsabers, you might want to update the original post and add in the fifth Balmorra droid's location... I edited my earlier post when I found it, so you probably missed it. Here:

At approx. 728, 1090, above the spacecraft wreck in the area where the "Comrades in Arms" heroic quest is done. It might be a little hard to spot from the ground level, but easily seen from the hill overlooking it from Sundari Flatlands up to the east.

EDIT: And found the fifth at Balmorra as well. At approx. 728, 1090, above the spacecraft wreck in the area where the "Comrades in Arms" heroic quest is done. It might be a little hard to spot from the ground, but I spotted it from the high hill to the east while I was heading to the new Corrupted Fields area.

Since OP has missed this out.

I can confirm this, easiest way to find it is when heading to the dreadseed area off the flatlands in the north west is a crane, standing on edge of the rockface and look left from there you will see the droid. Co-ordinates are correct.

Hey there, I have being working on a guide of my own as well with help from two friends. It is still a work in process but I have some locations that the OP doesn't have yet in his post. Feel free to use any locations you are missing to complete your thread and I will credit you guys if I use any of your locations.

http://dulfy.net/2013/04/17/swtor-mcr-99-droid-reconnaissance-achievement-guide/

And DABhand, see proof I attached to your comment :D

Edited by Iwipe

Just a hell of a coincidence that they are practically very similar :p

Still Nar Shaddaa is not Droid finding colour sympathetic, especially on the Imperial side. Very difficult to find any.

Edited by DABhand

Just a hell of a coincidence that they are practically very similar :p

You need more proof? I have no problem giving credit where it is due but I am not going to credit something if I didn't use that info. Look at the date of when these emails were sent and when this thread was created.

More proof: http://imgur.com/a/aKfKS

Edited by Iwipe

You need more proof? I have no problem giving credit where it is due but I am not going to credit something if I didn't use that info. Look at the date of when these emails were sent and when this thread was created.

More proof: http://imgur.com/a/aKfKS

Because I said its a hell of coincidence, doesn't mean I am further accusing you.

I said what it was its a hell of a coincidence.

Not sure if you're still collecting (after Dulfy makes the same), but I found this alone, so I share it :)

Alderaan again:

Kaamos Territory

Under the bridge of South Fornaak River - approx. 1197/-1688

Voss:

The Pelath-Ri Marches - Pel-Ki Ridge

Stand at 89/-2236 and look down at N-NW direction.

Edited by Holyexecutor

Not sure if you're still collecting (after Dulfy makes the same)

Yea I'm still going to update this until she posts her completed one, though as always I recommend using her for most things.

*** As of 11am PST this morning, the swtor site won't let me edit the main post on here, still says site's "too busy" or w/e. Bear with me while I work on this, or go to Dulfy's site. I can't find her guide for this yet on her page, but she has a link above in what I assume is her post.***

Edited by Twolightsabers

Ilum - 1. On a spire of ice between the Imp starting base and their heroic area (Republic Forward Base). Viewed at (375, -713), look NE and up.

2. Eastern Ice Shelf - Behind doorway for the instance to [uprooting the Last Seed]. Viewed at (800, 323), Look SW and up.

3. Forward Alien Base Camp - Republic Heroic Area. Viewed at (1006, 724), look NE and up to the gap between the ice spires.

Also, only 3 on Ilum.

Edited by Risto_N

• 2 weeks later...

found the remaining ones on makeb

4. is located on the Frinn Mesa, Difficult to see but it's on the massive pillar on the metal structure.

5. is located on the Cartel Mining Mesa. It's on top of the metal bar above the area with the endurance datacron.

6. is located on the Perekta Mesa, close to the Presence datacron on top of the fall iron structure.

• 1 month later...

For Republic Balmorra:

In Gorinth Canyon, overlooking Crater Base, near the orange vehicle broken down along the main path (450, 1850). Look to the southeast out over the crater to the large mountain on the far side. There are two platforms on the side of that mountain. The droid is centered on the upper platform.

So apparently one of the droids on Quesh is bugged. The droid located closest to the world boss area, on top of a smoke stack type pillar doesn't register with the macrobinoculars whenever I aim at it. I've tried for awhile now and even sent off a ticket to customer service but got nowhere with that. Has anyone else had problems getting the binocs to see this one?

• 4 weeks later...

Had anyone tried to scan the droid at Coruscant, the one on the balcong over the Black Sun Heroic Mission area at the north?

The droid is there, but the scan doesn't react no matter what i tried to log out or restart the game.

• 3 months later...
I hate to possibly start a topic that may have already been brought up, but how the hell do I get these guys? Do I have to target them? Or scan them some how? I'm still trying to figure this out. Any help will do. Thanks.

There are some quest givers on Makeb when you hit Lv52 (53?) that send you to Coruscant/DK. After you start the mission on C/DK you'll get a macrobinocular item you can use to scan these droids. The ones mentioned in this thread aren't quest related, so you don't need to find them.

There are some quest givers on Makeb when you hit Lv52 (53?) that send you to Coruscant/DK. After you start the mission on C/DK you'll get a macrobinocular item you can use to scan these droids. The ones mentioned in this thread aren't quest related, so you don't need to find them.

Your first # was correct Nedreel, it's level 52 that gives you access.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...